Old flames

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Being introduced to new people and genuinely acting as though he was very much intrigued to be meeting them and wanting to find out what they did in life was proving to be a tedious task for Baekhyun. Sure Chanyeol warned him beforehand that whilst most of the people at this event were very rich and held quite a high ranking in society but were extremely dull and boring, Baekhyun felt as though he had underestimated his words. 

"Oh my gosh" Baekhyun muttered under his breath once the two them moved on, looking for others to mingle with 
"What?" Chanyeol asked 
"Do these people have like no social life? Or have your parents just invited the most boring and antisocial people known to the existence of man?" feeling quite glad that his answer was able to make Chanyeol snort and try to cover up an attempt to laugh out loud and attract attention towards the two of them. 

Since arriving at the party, Baekhyun had been introduced to just about anybody and everybody. Attending an event which Chanyeol's parents were hosting, he was kind of expecting that by some point the two of them would bump into Chanyeol's parents and begin to engage in some sort of conversation for the next few minutes which would inevitably bore Baekhyun to death. As the evening went on however, there were numerous opportunities Chanyeol had to go and quickly see his parents, yet whenever the opportunity approached, Baekhyun quickly gathered that Chanyeol would move them somewhere else or start a conversation with somebody else in order to avoid them. 

"Your parents are over there, shouldn't we go say hello to them?" he suggested and Chanyeol spared his parents a glance, but didn't act on Baekhyun's words. Instead he turned his gaze back to the people around the two of them, his eyes searching for someone as he had done previously with his grandpa. 

"Follow me, I want to introduce you to someone" and with that quickly marched away, leaving Baekhyun to run after him (more like hop along and hope the heels didn't break because that would have been embarassing!). 

Finally coming to a stop, Baekhyun had the brief chance of getting a look at the person who Chanyeol wanted to introduce him to. He was small, probably Baekhyun's height if he was to take off the heels, with big eyes and big puffy lips which curled into a heart shape when he saw Chanyeol and smiled. 

"I wasn't expecting you to be here" he said 
"Well my mum kinda forced me to come. Besides, what are you doing here? I thought you was getting ready to go on this business trip to India?" Chanyeol asked as the person nodded their head. 

"I am, but the flight is not for a few more hours which gives me enough time to come here and show my face before I leave" finally taking notice of Baekhyun who had previously been partially hidden by Chanyeol. 

"Oh, hello" he said as Chanyeol turned and looked as though he finally remembered Baekhyun was there, ushering him forward 
"Kyungsoo this is Bokyung my wife. Bokyung this is Kyungsoo an old... friend of mine" Chanyeol said, introducing the two of them. Whilst Baekhyun stood there frowning at the fact that Chanyeol had to practically force out the word 'friend' during his introduction of Kyungsoo, the latter stood there shocked, completely shocked, at the fact that Chanyeol had a wife. 

"A wife? Y-you're married?" he asked as Chanyeol nodded his head and nervously laughed 
"It's kinda crazy when you think about it, right?" he replied and though Kyungsoo was still stood there in shock, he still shook Baekhyun's hand because he wasn't exactly a rude person. Still trying to get his head around this new piece of information, Kyungsoo hand't realised that another person had joined them until their arm had wrapped its way around his waist. 

"Oh! You scared me!" he exclaimed, lightly slapping the new figure on the chest before turning to Chanyeol 
"Chanyeol, Bokyung this is my partner Jongin" he said as Jongin shook hands with Chanyeol, raising an eyebrow. 

"So you're the notorious Chanyeol eh? Kyungsoo's told me so much about you it's actually nice to finally meet you" he said with a smile as Chanyeol thanked him and bowed his head a little. His introduction finished he turned to Baekhyun and smiled. 

"Although I don't think he's ever mentioned you. Not meaning to sound rude or anything" 
"I'm Chanyeol's wife. Kyungsoo's only just found out himself" Baekhyun explained as the two of them shook hands. Baekhyun would quite happily admit that Jongin was a very good looking bloke; tall, tanned and with a gorgeous smile, Kyungsoo was a lucky guy to have someone like him as his boyfriend! 

Naturally the four of them got into a conversation. Well, more like Chanyeol and Kyungsoo leading the conversation with Jongin and Baekhyun throwing in a comment or two here and there. Baekhyun didn't mind, at least he felt included this time and that Chanyeol wasn't ignoring him. The times he wasn't talking, Baekhyun's attention was focused on how Chanyeol just couldn't take his eyes off of Kyungsoo, how a warm smile was always present on his lips whenever Kyungsoo was speaking. Slowly it clicked and it didn't take Baekhyun to realise what was going on. 

 

 

"We're sat here" Chanyeol said, pulling a seat out for Baekhyun to take before he sat down next to him. Kyungsoo and Jongin had left half an hour previously, stating that if they didn't leave then there was no way they were going to get to the airport in time and catch their flight. 

At the announcement of dinner, guests were required to locate their seats via a chart on located at the entrace of the dining hall showing where everybody was sat. To the relief of Chanyeol, he was sat as far away from his parents as he would ideally like to be. The other guests sat at their table were also couples, ranging in their ages and with one of them even being pregnant. 

"We find out in a few days what we're having. My husband wants a boy, but I'm not fussed" the woman explained when Baekhyun had asked her how far on she was 
"So Chanyeol, when can we expect some children from the two of you then?" another guest on the table asked and whatever Chanyeol was drinking prior to the question was now making his choke as Baekhyun patted him on the back to help him out. 

"We're not even thinking about children yet. We still want to live our lives a little bit more, get out and see the world" he explained as Chanyeol finally stopped coughing and thanked Baekhyun for answering the question. 

Before anymore questions could be asked, Chanyeol's father had begun gently hitting a spoon against a wine glass to signal for everybody to be quiet. The next twenty minutes or so consisted of him and his wife thanking everybody for coming this evening. Then there was a long speech which had been prepared covering the purpose of tonight's gathering and what it meant for the greater good, or something like that, Baekhyun hadn't really been paying attention. 

It was the food that had been brought around which made Baekhyun perk up. Having not eaten since lunch, the sight of it made his stomach grumble loudly as he smacked a hand over his stomach and prayed that nobody heard him. When it was finally time to eat, Baekhyun wanted to dive straight in there and make a pig out of himself, he wouldn't care because of how hungry he was. Looking around he quickly decided against it, especially because it looked like nobody else was going to be eating like a savage anytime soon. With that in mind, he chose to just take everything in slowly and savour it whilst he could. 

 

 

It wasn't until much later in the evening did Chanyeol and Baekhyun get the run in with Chanyeol's parents. Their meeting was not a long one, and judging by how the three of them interacted with each other; Chanyeol wasn't particularly on speaking terms and his parents seemed uninterested anyway. Baekhyun found it quite difficult to believe that a guy such as Chanyeol would really not like his parents as much as he did at that moment. 

"We should get going soon. I have to help Tao out in a meeting early in the morning and I'm pretty sure you don't want to be here any longer" Chanyeol piped up and Baekhyun quickly nodded in agreement. He had no idea who Tao was, he just wanted to get out of the place now having seen all the glamour and having it die down. 

"Oh the weather is truly horrible tonight. Even just thinking about stepping outside is bad enough as it is" the woman's comment making Chanyeol scoff 
"It's not as if she'll have a car to get into and somebody holding an umbrella to help her mind" he muttered, making Baekhyun smile and shake his head. 

"Well my dear if you really wish to not travel tonight, we have a spare room just on the first floor you could use for the night" Chanyeol's father replied making Chanyeol whip his head around. 

"That's Yura's room. Isn't there somewhere else they can sleep?" he asked 
"Every other room we have to offer has been taken up or is being renovated Chanyeol" his mum replied but Chanyeol was not taking that for an answer. 

"Wait here until I come back" he said to Baekhyun, getting up and asking if his parents would have a private word with him. Baekhyun would be left alone for almost half an hour before Chanyeol came storming back into the hall. Though he looked angry, he tried to make his voice sound as calm as possible as he apologised to the guests who had been speaking to Baekhyun previously, announcing they now had to leave.

Baekhyun had a hard time keeping up with Chanyeol as he stormed through the hall and towards the entrance of the place to get his car. The floor being wet from people coming in and out from the rain outside, Baekhyun actually slipped and landed on one of his knees. Saving himself from the fall he kicked off the heels and wasted no time in chucking them away; what use would he need for them after this anyway? 

Running outside, Baekhyun momentarily stood there getting wet in the rain having no idea where Chanyeol went until he heard the guy beep the car horn and ran over to it, barely having enough time to shut the door and get his belt on before Chanyeol stepped on the gas and sped away. Whatever had happened to put him in this mood, Baekhyun wasn't so sure if he wanted to find out or not. 


What happened to Chanyeol to put him in such a mood like that? Well, you'll have to wait to find out! 

Next chapter we're going to have a heart to heart with Baekyeol. Prepare yourselves people. 

Until then!