Drift

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Baekhyun kind of expected to just drift away from Chanyeol and not hear from him much after the two finally got the revenge they deserved. They were able to work together to finally show people who their parents really were and now that they had done that, there was no more reason for the two of them to really be there for each other anymore. 

Of course, that's what Baekhyun had imagined previously. He liked to have thought that because the two of them didn't really have no need of each other anymore, they would stop seeing each other and Baekhyun could forget about everything that happened, work towards building up a new life without his parents being as big of an influence as before and trying to convince his brother to come visit him instead of just speaking to each other over the phone most of the time. Never in this plan of his was Chanyeol there, for all he concerned that part of his life was over now and the only times he imagined seeing Chanyeol is if the two of them bumped into each other on the street. 

"Why is your room such a mess?" Baekhyun asked, moving a pile of clothes aside so he could sit down and watch as Sehun stood with his hands on his hips, looking around at the clothes scattered about him with a frown on his face. 

"I need something to wear and yet I have nothing to wear" he replied ignoring Baekhyun's weak attempt at trying to cover up the roll of his eyes
"I'm sure you can find something decent to wear" he began, getting up himself to start looking for potential outfits that Sehun could wear "What's this for anyway?" 

Sehun didn't have to work for the new few days, so it was nice to actually get the time off and be able to enjoy himself. Baekhyun was sure that Sehun didn't have any family events to go to and he only met up with a few of his co-workers outside of work though they were working the time Sehun had off. Sehun never mentioned anything about him and Baekhyun going out that evening so what was it that Sehun was doing? 

"Just out to meet somebody" Sehun muttered, turned away from Baekhyun so that he couldn't see the expression on his face. 

What was with Sehun's right now? It was quite confusing to keep up with. Shrugging his shoulders, Baekhyun resumed his search in trying to find a decent outfit his friend could wear whilst at the same time trying to figure out who it was he was meeting. 

His parents were currently out of the city visiting friends, co-workers he usually went out with were working and neither the two of them said anything about going anywhere this evening. The only other person he had been talking to recently was- 

"No way" he suddenly blurted out, turning around to face Sehun who was still faced away from him "Really?" 
"I-it's only for a drink or two... nothing special" Sehun replied and Baekhyun knew that he must have been embarrassed if he didn't want to admit so easily who it was he was going to be meeting. 

Baekhyun should have guessed it though; Sehun and Tao had been texting and ringing each other a lot since the night Chanyeol and Baekhyun revealed all in their extravagant act of revenge. It was only a matter of time until they started properly seeing each other. Deep down inside of him, Baekhyun couldn't help but feel slightly jealous; look at Sehun getting all of these offers to go out with people from his work (though they were slightly unsuccessful attempts) and now he was going out for some drinks with Tao. In Baekhyun's mind, he knew that was going to lead to something. 

As for him? All he got was an arranged marriage which ended in disaster and since then he hasn't had a single chance of even getting just a phone number from somebody! Okay, maybe going straight home from work, hardly getting out and when he did sticking to Sehun didn't help, but Baekhyun was just so... inexperienced in the field of actually getting a date with somebody. As for Sehun? He had the confidence, the looks and just anything else that made Baekhyun envy him and it wasn't fair! 

Nevertheless, Baekhyun set about to finding something decent for Sehun to wear, the main reason may or may not being that he didn't want the guy to start whining anytime soon...

 

 

A common pattern that took place between Sehun and Baekhyun was that- where possible- one would cook their dinner one night and the other the next night. This however was a pattern that never really stuck because most evenings Sehun was working and Baekhyun was usally cooking by himself. It was these times that memories of having to cook a meal for two and leave some leftovers behind for Chanyeol came back into Baekhyun's head. Nights of having to cook something that Chanyeol could easily reheat and leaving a note somewhere telling him so before going to bed. Why the memories were there Baekhyun didn't know. He was suppose to be pushing those memories away, Chanyeol was not a part of his life anymore! 

With that pushed aside, to his dismay it was suppose to be Sehun's turn to cook for the two of them tonight. Having no desire whatsoever to cook for himself, Baekhyun settled on the next best thing; takeaway. It required no cooking on Baekhyun's part and all he had to do was go to the place, wait for his order and go home to stuff his face with it! 

"Your order will take around ten minutes to make. Are you alright here waiting or would you like us to deliver it to you?" the cashier asked 
"I'll wait here, it's no problem" Baekhyun replied with a smile as he handed his money over. The place was literally a five minute walk from where he lived and he didn't think he would be able to live it down for a while if he had become lazy enough to allow someone to deliver it. 

Taking a seat, Baekhyun sat there with his eyes locked onto the scene of the street from the other side of the window. Caught up in scenes of people rushing by to get to where they are and an argument over two drivers of who had right of way that Baekhyun didn't care for who entered next, only when he heard their voice. 

"Ah, just in time!" the cashier exclaimed 
"I told you I would be back in time!" Chanyeol replied with a laugh and Baekhyun sat there willing himself to not turn around. As far as he was concerned, he no longer needed Chanyeol and Chanyeol no longer needed him because they had gotten the revenge they wanted. Plus, he was fed up of having silly run ins with the guy (though Sehun calls them coincidental and likes to throw something in there about fate, Baekhyun just decides to ignore him). If he was going to start over he needed to block Chanyeol from him. 

Yet slowly, ever so slowly, Baekhyun found himself turning around in his seat to look at Chanyeol. The first thing he noticed was that Chanyeol had cut his hair; not too short but there was a considerable length gone from when Baekhyun had last seen him, apart from that he looked almost the same as Baekhyun had known for the time they had lived together. 

Chanyeol was so close to leaving and Baekhyun hoped that just this once they wouldn't have one of their many meetings together. But of course Baekhyun never really got his own way and sure enough this was about to be added to the list of places the two of them were sure to bump into each other (at least this time he wasn't pretending to be Sehun; one positive he could take away). 

"Hey!" Chanyeol said, perhaps a little too excitedly, as Baekhyun smiled and waved back, watching Chanyeol walk over to him "I didn't know you used this place"
"Not that often. Sehun was suppose to be cooking tonight but he's out with Tao so" Baekhyun replied with a shrug. 

"Wait. Tao's out with Sehun?" Chanyeol asked  
"I only found out this morning myself but yeah" Baekhyun replied as Chanyeol laughed and shook his head. 

"That little liar!" he exclaimed, muttering something under his breath before sighing and proclaiming that he was going to kill Tao the next time he saw him. Stating he had to get going their meeting was finished there and Baekhyun felt quite bad for unintentionally ratting Tao out when he didn't know what Tao had told Chanyeol in the first place. Ah well, he could probably message Sehun later on to give some sort of a warning. 

Watching Chanyeol leave, Baekhyun felt something strange, a feeling overcoming his body and yet he was unsure if it was a sense of being left to himself once again or if it was a sense of longing and he was longing for Chanyeol. Why that was, he had no idea and didn't want to think of it anymore to allow it to plague his mind. He wasn't suppose to be thinking of him anymore! That meeting was completely random and Baekhyun should just stop thinking about it before it became too much! 


Okay I apologise if this chapter but I've seriously had severe writers block... hence the long time between updates. I think what I tried to do was show that now the whole arranged marriage escapade was over Baekhyun was trying to move on with his life and forget about everything, even if that meant drifting away from Chanyeol because he was a part of the events Baekhyun wants to forget. Then of course they bump into each other and Baekhyun's like "What the hell is this that I'm experiencing" 

I at explaining thing... I'm sorry! 

But hey! Taohun! *nervous laughter* 

Oh and this may be ending in the next chapter... or two... haven't decided yet... I may throw in a bonus chapter if I'm nice enough... 

Until then!!