Progress

Dude Looks Like a Lady

If it was not for Chanyeol dropping his bowl into the sink and running about to get ready for work, Baekhyun would have gone downstairs without being dressed in his wig or in his make up. Luckily for him, Chanyeol didn't spot him quickly turn around and dart up the stairs back to his room so he could change appropriately before going back downstairs to see Chanyeol running about like a headless chicken. 

"Morning" he tried but Chanyeol did not greet him back as he continued rushing in and out of various rooms looking for whatever he needed 
"You haven't seen the car keys around here have you?" Chanyeol asked watching as Baekhyun shook his head "I only know where mine are" was his reply and Chanyeol was about to groan and start nagging before an idea popped into his head. 

"Do you mind if I borrow your keys? Only for today because if I don't get going soon I'm really going to be late" he asked as Baekhyun nodded his head and went to retrieve his keys, handing them over to Chanyeol was waiting patiently by the front door. 

"You're a lifesaver Bokyung!" he exclaimed and went to leave before Baekhyun pulled him back 
"What are you doing?" Chanyeol asked with a frown as Baekhyun undone his tie and began to tie it up again. 

"Your tie wasn't on properly. Don't want to go to work dressed stupidly do you?" Baekhyun replied, pulling down his collar and patting him on the arm. Still frowning, Chanyeol silently thanked him and headed out for work. Leaving Baekhyun there by himself to clean up and get ready for work, he looked at the mess that Chanyeol had left behind in his ensuing chaos previously and, letting out a groan, got ready to clean up. It wasn't going to clean up itself after all. 

 

 

"It feels like forever since we last saw each other" Baekhyun's friend, Sehun, commented as the two of them sat in a cafe nearby where Sehun worked for their lunch break. The two tried to make as much effort as possible to see each other whenever they had a the chance but with Sehun caught up working one shift after another and Baekhyun being caught up in a last minute marriage- which Sehun had no idea about- the time they had to even sit down and chat over a coffee was scarce. 

"You can blame having to grow up and get jobs for doing that to us" Baekhyun replied as Sehun grinned and nodded his head 
"All too true. So Byun what have you been up to since you last cared to make an appearance?" he asked making Baekhyun roll his eyes at the choice of words, tapping his mug of hot chocolate and contemplating whether he should tell Sehun the truth or make up some complete lie. 

"Nothing really. Same old boring life apart from the fact that I'm finally teaching kids who want to learn to play the piano instead of only doing it because their parents want them to learn" his response making Sehun laugh slightly 
"Well at least that's better than having women sit there doubting I'm a midwife because I'm a male. Every single time". 

The thought of being a midwife never crossed Sehun. For years all he cared about was dancing and becoming a top dancer who would win loads of awards and start up a load of dance academies across the world so other children could dance like him. The hardest part for Baekhyun was being there when an injury meant that Sehun would have to give up on those dreams. For a while the friend that he knew was no longer there, having been replaced by somebody completely different. Sehun would often panic about what he was going to do when it came to look out for their future. It pained Baekhyun to see him looking so lost and he wasn't able to help him because what would he know about this? He wasn't experiencing it himself. 

The happiest moment for the both of them was when Sehun finally found something he wanted to do. It was upon meeting his nephew for the first time, absolutely adoring him and seeing how happy his nephew made his brother that Sehnun decided he wanted to bring other families that joy and decided to become a midwife. His parents weren't exactly keen on their son becoming a male midwife, but when Sehun had told Baekhyun of his plans he could be no more prouder than he already was of his friend. He guessed that was the start of the two of them becoming as close as they were now. 

Baekhyun wanted the two of them to remain at the cafe for longer. He just wanted to stay there for as long as possible but, to his disappointment, Sehun's pager just had to go off indicating he needed to be back at work to help with a delivery. With the promise that the two of them would meet again in the near future, Sehun had sped off back to work whilst Baekhyun was left to pay the bill, making a mental note to himself that Sehun so owed him for this. 

 

 

All Baekhyun wanted to do upon returning home was to be able to sit down and not have to worry about anybody seeing him outside of his disguise for a while until he knew Chanyeol was possibly going to be returning sometime. Just as he thought he could settle down and watch a film or go for a much needed bath however he was having to throw on his wig and answer the door. 

"Byun Bokyung?" a delivery man asked as Baekhyun nodded his head and was handed over a package. Signing for it, Baekhyun wasted no time in getting it into the living room and opening it up. First reading a note from Chanyeol's mum explaining to him that he was going to need what was inside for an upcoming event, Baekhyun delved into the package to find a peach coloured dress with matching heels and a new wig which, no doubt, had been styled to fit how Chanyeol's mum would want Boykung's hair to be styled. 

What was all of this for anyway? What did Chanyeol's mum had planned that she went to the trouble of getting all of this for Baekhyun anyway? Not having a clue, Baekhyun took the wig upstairs so that Chanyeol wouldn't be able to see it and left the dress downstairs to ask Chanyeol when he returned if he knew anything about it. 

 

 

"You seriously don't have to cook this much every night" Chanyeol said upon seeing what Baekhyun had laid out for dinner 
"It's not just for you, I do have a big appetite" Baekhyun replied as he sat down and tucked in. He didn't really care if he looked like a pig or wasn't acting like a lady, but he hadn't eaten since meeting with Sehun and he wasn't exactly a lady anyway so who said he had to act like one 24/7 anyway? 

Tucking in himself, Chanyeol was trying to think of something to say to Baekhyun to try and get a conversation started so the two didn't have to sit there eating in silence. It was when he was looking around for inspiration that he noticed the dress draped across the sofa, standing up and walking over so that he could get a good look at it. 

"Did you buy this today?" he asked 
"No, your mum had it delivered" Baekhyun replied and Chanyeol stood there for a moment wondering why his mum would send this. Then he remembered the conversation he and his mum had a few days ago before he let out a groan. 

"I told I didn't want to go" he whined 
"Go where?" Baekhyun asked as Chanyeol sighed and turned back to face him. 

"My parents are throwing some over the weekend. They want us to come along, only so my parents can proudly show off that their son finally settled down... I told them we weren't going to go but do they listen? Pft yeah right" 

"It's just a party, I mean how bad could it be?" Baekhyun asked 
"Please. You don't my parents as well as I do, everything about them is just a show" Chanyeol replied, digging his phone out of his pocket and walking away so that he could speak to his mum in private, effectively leaving Baekhyun there alone as per usual. 

Well, at the least the two of them were comfortable enough to speak to each other, something Baekhyun could take as a positive he guessed.


And next chapter we shall have Chanyeol and Baekhyun interaction up to max. in their first public appearance together since being married! ... I'm making this sound like something people would say after members of the royal family or big actors like George Clooney get married or something... 

We also have the introduction of Sehun! Whilst he's not exactly going to be in it as much as Tao, he is important for later on, so keep a look out for him. OH! When the delivery man appeared above ^ and said Byun Bokyung instead of Park Bokyung, apparently Asian women when they get married don't take their husbands surname like we would it's only their children who take the surname whilst they keep their maiden name. Assuming that Baekhyun is a woman the delivery man called him Byun, in case you wondering... I thought I should explain it just in case.. 

Until the next chapter!