Holy matrimony

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Byun Baekhyun was all for being more active and helping out more frequently in the family business as he grew older, dressing up as a girl and being forced to marry somebody else was something he never would have thought of doing. 

At first, naturally, he thought that his parents were playing some kind of twisted joke. Growing up, Baekhyun had been quite the prankster himself and often chose his parents on more than one occasion to be the victims of his pranks, perhaps they were only doing this to get revenge on him and make him feel just as they had felt back then. Of course it wasn't a joke, they were being serious and Baekhyun found himself caught in a sick arrangement whereby he was going to be forced to marry somebody from a family just as rich as his, that way the two families would unite and use their joint wealth to create some of the biggest company businesses the country had ever seen. 

Baekhyun never had the chance to meet the person he was to marry before the actual day. He always assumed that the person he was going to marry was to be the spoilt daughter of the other family who would spend her days nagging and whining about how unfair it was she was forced to do something she didn't want to do. Oh how wrong he was. 

"Why is this on my bed?" Baekhyun asked, walking into the living room with a wig in his hands, watching as his mum looked to his grandmother and waited for a nod of her head before she turned back to face him 
"Come sit, we have something to tell you" 

 

 

The person he was to marry was not some spoilt rich girl. In fact, it wasn't even a girl. As if being made to go through with an arranged marriage wasn't enough, Baekhyun was now being forced to marry a guy. A guy! Sure he was more interested in men than in women, but the most disturbing bit of it all was that he wasn't going to be marrying this guy as Baekhyun, oh no, his parents had another surprise up their sleeve for him. 

"This is wrong. So wrong" he spat out as he stood there being measured  
"Oh stop fussing already. The marriage is going to go ahead no matter how many times you tell me how wrong you think it is" 

It started with Baekhyun having to try on different wigs to find the right length and colour that would suit him, next came trying on different clothes which he was actually able to move with, then he was taught how to apply just the right make up to make himself look more feminine as possible. As if that wasn't as degrading as it is, his mum would make him go out with her just to see if what they were doing was correct. 

It was moments like these which made Baekhyun protest his disagreement. Sure he would have an arranged marriage if it meant helping out his family that little bit more, but marrying somebody whilst pretending to be a woman was totally not okay with Baekhyun. Like anybody would listen to him; no matter how much he complained, he knew he was going to have to do this whether he liked it or not. In doing so he said goodbye Byun Baekhyun and hello to Byun Bokyung. 

 

 

Park Chanyeol 

Baekhyun finally found out the name of the guy he would be marrying on the day of the wedding. The two had never met before this moment and had never been told anything about each other. The first glimpse Baekhyun caught of him was when the two of them stood side by side. He was a lot taller than Baekhyun had first imagined, a face that looked too young to carry a voice as deep as what he had. From his body language to how he spoke, Baekhyun knew Chanyeol didn't want to be there just as much as him. 

They were able to get a clearer look at each other when Chanyeol had lifted the veil that kept Baekhyun hidden from him and quite frankly Baekhyun wished he just kept it down. Though the two only shared a brief glance, Baekhyun thought that it had lasted for much longer however even as Chanyeol caught his eyes, he looked away and just wanted to get the ceremony over and done with. 

One thing that Baekhyun was nervous about was whether he and Chanyeol were expected to kiss after the vows had finished. Sure he had kissed others beforehand, but he had gotten to know them before he allowed even just a small peck on the cheek. There was to be no kiss however, the two of them were joined in holy matrimony and turned around to walk amongst their families and invited guests as a newlywed couple. The speed in which Chanyeol walked, Baekhyun had a hard time to keep up with him as he followed him out to the sounds of applause and straight into the car that was waiting for them. 

Wedding days were suppose to be the happiest day of a couple's life. Joined together in front of friends and family, for some in the eyes of the Lord, and knowing that they were about to spend the rest of their lives with somebody who they loved dearly, what was there not to love about this day? For Baekhyun, the experience of being married like so made him promise himself that if he ever managed to get out of this one way or another, he would never marry again. Neither of them were happy, they had hardly spoken a word to each other and now they were expected to live with each other and pretend they were happy to be together when they knew that was far from the truth. If this is what a married life was like, Baekhyun hated being a part of it. 

 

 

"This is your room. Some people came by earlier to drop some of your stuff over". Upon inspecting the room Baekhyun had just been shown, he guessed that this must have been Chanyeol's room originally; it was the biggest of the upstairs rooms so far and had the biggest bed that the house had offered so far.  

Stepping into the room and being able to get a good look of the room, it had occured to Baekhyun that if this was indeed to be his room then where was Chanyeol going to sleep? Or were they going to share the room between them? 

"Wh-where are you sleeping?" he asked, making sure that his voice stayed in the pitch that this grandmother had got somebody to teach to him so he sounded slightly more feminine 
"Spare room down the hall. If you need to take a shower or anything, this room has an en suite attached to it. If you need help unpacking... you know where I am. Dinner's in an hour" and with that he exited the room and left Baekhyun stood there in the middle of the room by himself. 

With the door shut, Baekhyun was finally allowed to breath out. Tearing the veil and wig away from him, he then proceeded to kick the heels he had been wearing away from him. He was sure the impact of the shoes hitting the wardrobe was a lot louder than what he intended it to be, but he just didn't care. When he had torn the dress off of him, he dug through one of the bags he had personally packed until he had found a packet of wipes and spent the next few minutes furiously wiping away at his face until it was red and throbbing slightly, but make up free. 

Disguise torn away, make up free and stood there in nothing but his boxers, the full reality of what was going on had finally hit Baekhyun. Sitting on the edge of the bed, it had finally hit him that he was indeed married, that he was going to have to dress and act like a woman in front of a completely oblivious Chanyeol. The poor guy didn't even know what was really going on and that was the cruelest part of it all. With the weight of everything that had happened to him finally come crashing down, Baekhyun was finally able to sit there and let his tears fall, not even bothering to place a hand over his mouth to hide his sobs from Chanyeol. 

Whether Chanyeol stuck around longer after the door had shut to hear him cry, hand gripped at the handle of the door ready to re-open and walk in to see the state he was in at that moment Baekhyun didn't know and honestly- at that moment- he couldn't cary less. 


Here it is, finally, the first chapter! 

Not much dialogue, however this chapter is kind of here to explain just why he was dressing as a girl in the first place and why he was in an arranged marriage with Chanyeol to begin with. 

So what's in store for this anyway? Well we have Baekhyun living a double life as Bokyung the housewife and as himself hoping and praying that Chanyeol won't discover what is going on, perhaps an insight into both their family lives and so much more to look out for! 

Until then!!