Was that You?

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

CHAPTER 28

 

It’s been a month since the breakup. Shin Hye has not heard anything from YongHwa. She goes on all the websites to see if there is any news of a band debuting. But nothing yet. He is probably still under training with his friends. She was determined to be the leader/ founder of the fanclub. She was practicing everyday with Kahi since the songs she chose were difficult and tiring. Shin Hye stopped playing the piano and turned herself around to face Kahi.

“C’mon cheer up.” Kahi patted her back. “He asked you to wait for him. He still likes you. If he liked you since you were 15, then he can like you forever.”

ShinHye slightly smiled. “Really? What if somebody better comes along? What if he doesn’t keep his promise?”

“Don’t worry about it. Time will tell. He knows that you believe in him. He will try his best to keep the promises he made.” Kahi reassured her. “By the way Shin Hye, take it easy. I received an email this morning saying they will postpone the competition until March 2017. They are renovating the place again. Isn’t that great?”

“Actually it is, I didn’t know how I was going to learn all these pieces for this September. It gives me time to fully recover.” ShinHye looked at her hands.

“Have you been getting your period these months?” Kahi took a sip from her water bottle.

“Yes. I’ve been getting lots of pimples too but on my back. My night sweating has stopped too. My s have grown and my thighs are getting thicker.”She said dryly.

“But you look beautiful. You’re glowing Shin Hye. Enjoy the fact that you are alive!” Kahi comforted her.

“Thank you..” Shin Hye shyly smiled. “Yes, I am so happy that I am alive. And once again I will be able to give to my fans and people music that will touch their hearts. I’m pretty excited.”

“Yes, that’s the spirit!”Kahi exclaimed.

“Fighting!” ShinHye was feeling positive.

“Fighting!, Park Shin Hye.” Kahi was happy to see her smile.

“Let's continue practicing!”  Shin Hye faced the piano keys and the music sheets. She let out a sigh and placed her fingers on the keys.

 

Meanwhile, YongHwa was in the practice room taking a break and sipping on his water bottle. He took out his phone to look at it. YongHwa gently pressed the gallery button and the first picture to have come up was a cute selfie of him and ShinHye. He looked at it dearly. He truly misses her and regrets to have left her crying. He really hopes that she doesn’t hate him. YongHwa sighed in frustration. Was it truly worth it? He hasn’t debuted yet but will she wait for him? He didn’t know. She nodded her head and didn’t reject the kiss but he just felt uneasy. Minhyuk walked in and startled him.

“You miss her?” Minhyuk sat down beside him and genuinely wanted to hear him.

“Of course..I just have to wait until the contract ends right?” He sounded hopeless and lifeless.

“I guess. But after we debut, you can go and visit her like a friend...I’m sorry I feel like it's all my fault.” Minhyuk lowered his head in guilt.

“No, it’s not. It’s unavoidable. We have to work hard so we can debut right? I’ve been learning alot here. I’ve been composing all day, hopefully the producer likes it.” Yong Hwa took another sip from his water bottle.

“He will. As long as your heart is in it, it will go fine. I’ve been learning lots of techniques with playing the drum. I heard we have been getting nice responses from the public. From the places we have performed.” Minhyuk smiled.

“Yeah, I heard too. It satisfies me. Ahh, next week we are going to be trained on how to behave on variety shows and interviews. How nerve wrecking.” YongHwa looked down at his phone and kept staring at the picture.  

 

It’s already October and Shin Hye made an appointment to go to the hospital. She wanted to see if everything was going fine in her recovery.

“Your weight seems to appear stable, Shin Hye. So the next step is to maintain. Don’t eat to gain weight but just to maintain your daily activities.” He smiled at her.

“Doctor, when will I be able to exercise again?” Shin Hye grabbed the end of her skirt nervously.

“Shin Hye, I would suggest you not exercise until you feel like your weight has been fully distributed. Probably, in a few more months. Also, make sure when you feel ready, to exercise for the right reasons. Not what the eating disorder voice is telling you. Like, for weight loss.”

“Instead to make you feel good, right?” Her eyes was filled with pure hopefulness which made the doctor relieved. He smiled at her response and nodded his head.

“Yes, correct. To clear your mind and help you release toxins. Not to feel guilty if you didn’t exercise a day or not. That's not living and enjoying your life.”

“You're right.”

“Shin Hye, just be patient. Your body knows whats its doing.”

“You’re right.” She had to repeat that to herself over and over again until she believed it. “I will wait. I’m afraid I will go back to my previous habits so I’ll make sure the reasons are for the right reasons.”

“That’s right. So keep at it!”

Shin Hye stood up,bowed her head and left. Of course, for the right reasons. We are all caught up on how we are supposed to look like that we forget why we are living. It's to enjoy life and not worry about if we have abs, visual muscles or if wear clothes from a certain brand. Instead, we are living so we can enjoy and spread some love. Be kind and compassionate with each other. Do things for others and we would truly feel happy. If we were blind, we wouldn’t care about how we or the other person looked. We would do things to make us feel good and make others feel good. Just to hear a thank you or laughter satisfies you. Thats right, do things for the right reasons. That’s the only answer for recovery. How can love be spread? How can she show that she appreciates him and others?

‘That’s right...through music.’ she thought as she looked outside the window while Kahi was driving her back.

 

YongHwa and his band members entered the CEO’s office scared and nervous. What will he tell them? Is he angry?

The secretary told them to sit down. Once they were seated, they waited for the CEO to turnaround from his wheelchair.The atmosphere was cold and intense. Their palms were sweating and their legs were shaking. After three minutes, he finally turned around.

“Hello boys.” His voice was deep and his eyes were dark.

“Hello,President.” YongHwa bowed his head and the other members bowed after him.

“I’ve been pretty satisfied with all the hard work you are doing. You guys have been playing for most of your life and performing on streets and restaurants. Am I right?” He sipped his coffee.

“Yes.” The all said with synchronization.

“For that reason, I am confident you guys will do an excellent job in your debut. You already have many fans in Japan. That’s why your debut will be in February of 2017.”

The boys were trying to keep their posture. They only smiled to show their appreciation.

“YongHwa, you will be working with the producer to compose the debut song. We may put one of your compositions in the album.”

“Thank you. I appreciate it.” He bowed his head politely.

“Do your best guys!” The CEO smiled at them.

-

It's December, Hye Jung, Kahi and Shin Hye went out to eat lunch under the light snow that was gently falling.

“You know I got a call from Yong Hwa last night!” Hye Jung pounded her fist on the table excitedly. Shin Hye’s heart started pumping. She’s been meaning to ask for a while now but she couldn’t bring herself to call Hye Jung or even ask Kahi. “It’s been like two months that he hasn’t called me. Aish. Anyways, he told me that he will be debuting in February. So we need to be on the check out on youtube for when their mv comes out.” Hey Jung was so happy. Shin Hye felt relieved and surprised that he will debut soon. It only has been about six months he has been training. Wow, they must have lots of talent and potential to debut early. “Oh my god,” Hye Jung continues. “I was supposed to keep this a secret from you. Oh well. How were you supposed to know anyways? You don’t keep up with all the groups right?”

Shin Hye shyly nodded. “You’re right. But thank you for telling me. I’m really happy.”

“Shin Hye, you have to call the company so you can be the official president of the fanclub.” Kahi drank some of her hot chocolate made with soymilk.

“Are you sure that it works like that?” Shin Hye asked worriedly.

“I don’t know but it worth a shot.” Kahi smiled.

“Awe, that is so romantic!!!” Hye Jung cupped her hands around her face. “Kahi does Yong Hwa know the date of the competition?”Hye Jung asked.

“We haven’t gotten the date yet for the competition. But when I will, I will text him. I don’t care if he doesn’t answer but I will let him know.” She ate the piece of bread.

“Okay good. Thank you!” She smiled in relief. They continued to eat their lunch and have pleasant conversations.

 

They finished eating and Hye Jung paid for the bill. While, Kahi went to get the car since it started to snow a bit violently, Hye Jung went to use the bathroom to fix her makeup. Shin Hye stood by the restaurant’s door to wait for Kahi. She noticed a black van pulled up and parked right across the street. A young tall man came out of the back seat of the black van. He was all dressed in black. Black jeans, converse sneakers, black jacket with a velvet beanie. He ran across the street under the snow and came by the restaurant.

‘He looks familiar..’ she thought as she squinted her eyes. He entered through the door. She was startled by his sudden entrance, so she decided not to look at him. He went right in ignoring her presence. She turned her head to see what the guy was doing. He was there to pick up a food order. They already had his order ready. It was two large brown bags filled with food inside. As he turned around, Shin Hye turned her head the other way. ‘Maybe I can get a closer look when he comes by..’ she thought.

While, he stood by the door both of the side of their eyes met. ‘She looks familiar..is that her..?’ he thought.

‘That can’t be him..his eyes..it's full of sadness..’ Shin Hye’s heart sank. Is that really Yong Hwa? That can’t be him. He looked more manly to be him. He gave off a really really mature vibe. This can’t be him. Their eye contact felt like a whole minutes when it was actually two seconds. Before ShinHye can pull herself together, the guy went out the door. “Yong Hwa?” It was too late, he was already by the van getting on.

Before closing the door, Yong Hwa gave one last glance at the lady standing inside the restaurant by the door. ‘Is that really Shin Hye?..’

“Dude, close the door. It's snowing inside!” Jung Shin suggested.

“Oh right..” he closed the door. ‘It can’t be her. She looked way too different to be Shin Hye. Way too different..’ he thought while he laid his head back on the car’s seat.

 

A/N: HEY! I'm BACK from a mini vacation. I went to the beach for four days this week and came back today in the afternoon. I was thinking about how I would write this chapter. I couldn't bring my laptop or else my parents would have gotten mad. But the wifi over there so I wouldn't have updated while being there. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Hmm, I wonder why they don't recognize each other hehe. Thank you for supporting me!! See ya in the next update my lovely readers!