Little Notes

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

CHAPTER 21

April 25th

Shin Hye was sitting on the piano bench reading some music sheets, deciding which song would be appropriate for the competition.  She has no idea which song to play. Should it be modern or an old classic piece? Which piece will appeal and reach the audience’s heart? She rose from the bench to go to the kitchen to drink some coconut water. She passed by the mirror in the hallway.

She paused in front of the mirror and stares at herself with a creeping acceptance of herself.  ‘My face is plump but I look alive. I feel alive. Oh, what is this? More dandruff? I just washed my hair! Why so much dandruff? At least my hair is growing and it’s pretty thick!’ she thought and tried dusting away the dandruff in her hair. She heard the doorbell ring.  

‘Who must it be…’ she peeked in the little hole of the door. It’s just flowers. She opened the door, pleased to see a bouquet of flowers on the ground. She gently picked up with such care.

Shin Hye took the flowers to the kitchen and noticed there was a little note. ‘Oh, look at that.’ she unfolded the paper. The paper was thick and was decorated with black and white stars.

        “You are my inspiration. You are so strong and such a valuable human to me. I can’t wait for your performance. I will be there!

                                                  Love,

                                                    Number one fan”

“Awee!!! That is so cute! Kahi must have told the fan where I lived. Let me call her!”Shin Hye talked to herself. She grabbed her cell phone and called Kahi.

“Hello? Kahi!”

“Yes miss!”

“Did you by any chance tell my number one fan where I lived?”

“Why?”

“I got a bouquet of flowers on my doorstep and a little from the fan.”

“Ohhhh.Yeah I did tell your fan.”

“Can you tell me how the person looks like?”

“I don’t remember. I told the fan if they wanted to pass by your house to see if you were okay. It was when you fainted.” Kahi lied.

“Oh..”

“It’s a boy around your age. I don’t really remember how he looks like…”

“Ohh..”

“Enjoy the flowers, Shin Hye! Don’t worry, it’s not a creepy person.”

“Oh okay then.” She ended the call. Shin Hye began to put the flowers in a vase.

 

May 1st

“Ohh!! Another bouquet of flowers!” Shin Hye grabbed the bouquet of yellow tulips. She grabbed the little note. It was decorated with drawings of flowers on the borders.

      “You mean so much to me. I hope one day you will notice me. Your music gives me life. Your smile is brighter and more beautiful than a field of flowers. Please don’t find me weird. No matter what, I’ll stay by your side even if I am far away. Fighting!

                                                  Love,         

                                                     Number one fan”

‘Awe, that is so sweet. One day I will meet you and thank you. Please be patient.’ she thought as put away the note. Shin Hye wonders how Yong Hwa is doing. He has been so busy with studying for finals and getting some projects done. ‘Should I call him? I don’t think I should..’ she thought to herself. Her cell phone started to ring. ‘Oh, it’s Yong Hwa!’ her hands began to shake. ‘No compose yourself, Shin Hye.’ she told herself.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Shin Hye. How are you?”

“Good. You?” He felt just a bit of warmness to her tone of voice.

“I’m good. Just getting some work done. Anything new?”

“Yeah, actually. My fan keeps sending me flowers. Maybe because since the competition date is nearby.”

“Ohh, how do you feel?”

“A little pressured but loved.”

“True. Did you like the flowers?”

“Of course!” She sounded really excited. He felt some relief. “Tell your mom I said hi. I haven’t seen her in a while.”

“Yeah, I will. She’s not doing anything right now. No crazy crimes yet, haha.”

“Oh, thank God. Did you finally accept it?”

“Yeah, but I still believe she should find another job. It is too risky.”

“You’re right.”

“Did you find the piece you wanted to play?”

“Not yet..I’m not inspired...yet.”

“If you need any recommendations, ask me! Well, I don’t want you waste any of your time. We have to hang out soon.”

“Thank you. And..yeah!” Shin Hye was pleased for him to say it first. She was waiting for his invite to somewhere. The call ended.

 

May 26th

For this month, Shin Hye already got her period. She was ecstatic to have it come again this month. Her hair still has dandruff, but it is not as much. Her stomach is still bloated. But it has reduced. Now she looks 5 months pregnant and her face is thinning out. Weight distribution is happening. The doorbell rang.

“Who?” she shouted.

“Delivery for Park Shin Hye.” a manly voice said.

Shin Hye opened the door. It was a man in a florist uniform holding a big arrangement of sunflowers,white peonies and baby's breath.  She took the arrangement inside. ‘So pretty!!’ she thought. She immediately, looked for the little note.

    “Shin Hye, I really want to see you. Let’s meet on Saturday, May 28th on the green fields that is around the Seoul Park. At 3pm. Follow the white petals. I will be waiting.

                        Love,

                        Number one fan”

‘Oh my gosh.’ Shin Hye called Kahi right away.

 

“No way!!” Kahi exclaimed.

“Yeah, should I go?”

“Of course, don’t you want to meet him?”

“Yeah, but I’m scared.”

“I’ll come with you!”

“Thank you!” Shin Hye felt relieved.

“Let’s go buy your outfit tomorrow!”

“I don’t really wa-”

“No, we are going. Okay? I’ll pick you up at nine.”

 

May 27th

They are looking through the rack of clothes.

“How about this one?” Kahi suggested. Shin Hye just nodded. “Just choose anything, it is on me, Shin Hye.”

“I don’t know they don’t really have big sizes…”

“Yes they do. They are going to look great!”

Shin Hye and Kahi entered the dressing room. Shin Hye let out a sigh and undresses. She can’t stand what she sees in the mirror.

“I look like a box. Look at my arms, Kahi. They’re so big.”

“Awe, don’t worry about that. Put on this maxi dress on.” Shin Hye puts it on.

“I look like I am really pregnant. I can’t stand it. Look at my arms, they are bigger than my s. I don’t like how this looks one me.” Shin Hye took it off. She looked at the mirror and at the back of her thighs. “Kahi, why do I have cellulite? This is horrible.” Shin Hye complained.

“Sweetie, don’t worry about it. Remember it is just water retention. “

Shin Hye tried on the maxi dress.

“Ugh you can see my back pimples. I really hate this…” tears started to form.

“Kahi, why am I so ugly? It’s all my fault. I can’t wear the clothes girls my age wear.  I just don’t feel good enough.” Her tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Noo, don’t feel that way.” Kahi hugged her. “Sweetie, you are not ugly. Remember it’s just a process. It will soon be over. You are glowing with life. You look like a doll. Your hair looks way better than mine.C’mon, a fan that you wanted to meet, you’re going to meet him! Cheer up! So many nice clothes they have in this store. You’re so strong, don’t give up now Shin Hye! Fighting!” Kahi consoled her. With that, they found a big cute lilac shirt dress with a peter pan collar that slimmed her down.

 

May 28th

Kahi finished straightening Shin Hye’s hair.

“Wow you look hot!”

Shin Hye giggled. “Thank you.”

“Here.” Kahi handed her a lavender and pink hair bow.

“Oh..so pretty! Thank you!”

“Aye no problem! We should get going it’s 2:30.”

Shin Hye nodded. Her hands were shaking, her right eye was twitching of how nervous she was. She hopes it’s not a creepy guy, or a e. But she felt safe having Kahi by her side.

They arrived. “Ok I’ll stay in behind and you go ahead.”

“Got it.”

 

The field was a bright healthy green There were willow trees all around and dandelions filled the field. She noticed the white petals on the ground. She followed them which led to a willow tree. Shin Hye saw familiar shoes in front of her.

She slowly rose her head.

“Yong Hwa?” Shin Hye couldn’t believe. Is this a joke? Her heart was beating and the palms of her hands were sweating. The breeze ran through their hairs and the willow tree. His perfect lips gently curved upward. He took out a note  from his pocket. Yong Hwa placed his hand around the nape of his neck, showing that he was a bit embarrassed and shy.

YongHwa looked extremely handsome. He was wearing dark wash jeans, a white formal tee shirt with a black and white checkered blazer. Shin Hye was mesmerized. Shin Hye reached out for the cutesy blue note.

    “I’ve been your fan since you started. Your music touched my heart. I remember your first performance. You were so calm and when you played the piano, I felt like I was in another world. A world filled with peace and love. You intrigued me. I went to every one of your recitals and competitions. I’m so glad we got to meet and be friends. You are one of the strongest people I know. You’re fighting for your life and you care about other people. I admire you so much. Not only that, but we can talk about music, be playful with each other, and be there for each other no matter what. I would love to get to know you more.  I will  be by your side, willing to listen and help you. I know this might be selfish of me to tell you since right now you are in recovery but I like you, Park Shin Hye. Will you please be my girlfriend?”  Shin Hye read a loud. She gulped as she held on to the note.

“I...like you too.. And yes.. I would love to be your girlfriend..” a smile appeared on their faces. Yong Hwa opened his arms, motioning for a hug. Shin Hye went right in for it.

“I’m so happy…” she said as she buried her face into his strong chest. His scent, his warmth, and his love made her feel protected. Her scent, her delicacy and pureness gave so much happiness to YongHwa. They both stopped the hug, but YongHwa was still holding her and stared into each other’s eyes. He slowly leaned in and placed his soft lips on hers. He gently kissed her under the willow tree. Shin Hye placed her arms around his neck and deepens the kiss. The world was theirs and nothing can come between them. They couldn’t get enough of each other, they held onto each other tighter. Yong Hwa deepens the kiss even more. It was nice and gentle. They stopped and took a breather. He kissed each side of  her jaws with love and tenderness. Her eyes were closed, feeling the breeze and enjoying the touch of his lips on her face. She kissed his jaw delicately. Shin Hye tiptoed and placed her lips on his and began to kiss passionately. Yong Hwa deepened and followed. They were kissing so passionately that they walked backwards and slid down the tree. They stopped for a moment and YongHwa placed her down on the soft field. He leaned in to kiss her jaw while on top of her. Shin Hye grabbed his shirt and  slightly pulled him down and their lips touched. The sparks were out of control. The passionate kiss continued.

“You’re the best thing that ever happened to me, Yong Hwa.” Shin Hye thought as she deepens the kiss with such care, tenderness, and gentleness.  

 
A/N: Sorry for the late update! I graduated highscool the 22nd of June. so I was a bit busy with that and yay they confessed! sorry if the kiss scence is..awkward. Anyways, I would like to thank my readers! You made my senior year very special!!! Love you guys!!! Please continute to support my fanfic! upvote and comment of what you thought of this chapter!