Beach Day: Reality

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

CHAPTER 26

“YongHwa..” ShinHye hugged him harder. Yong Hwa sheepishly smiled and placed his hands on top of hers that were wrapped around him. “Shin Hye? Is that really you?” His voice was calm and soothing. “Yong Hwa..” Shin Hye pouted and laid her forehead on his back. He felt the warmth and her hard breathing on his back. He was comforted to feel her and to see her. “ShinHye, let’s stay like this forever. Don’t leave me…” He sighed and looked up at the sky. “YongHwa..”she whispered.  “Yes?” He smiled knowing that she was alive.  “Wake up..”

“Huh? What do you mean?” He tightened his grip on her hands. “Wake up..”

Shin Hye suddenly disappeared from his grip. His heart was pounding and his hands were shaking.  “I’m such a fool..” he muttered.

“YongHwa..wake up..” Shin Hye tapped his shoulder. His eyes slowly opened. He was speechless to see her face in front of him. She smiled. “We are going back to the hotel now.”

“Wait, what? I slept this whole time?” He looked around. He was seated on a chair underneath the umbrella. Kahi and Hye Jung were tanning under the sun. Shin Hye laughed. “Yeah, you missed lunch and we played volleyball and in the ocean too! We didn’t want to disturb your sleep because you drove a lot.” He sighed in relief. “You look tired from sleeping. Haha.” Shin Hye giggled while she folded the beach towels.

“Oh you have no idea..haha.” YongHwa stood up from the chair. “But you’re right, the beach is nice to take a nap..oh ShinHye?”

“Yeah?”

“Is it true that you would jump waves with your mother? And the farther you get with someone would mean how strong the relationship is?” He scratched his head and his expression was confusion. “Oh so you were paying attention!” She clapped and continued, “I was talking to you about that while we sat here and you just stopped replying to me.I saw that you fell asleep. I bored you to sleep.”

“Oh no don’t say that! I don’t know, I guess I was really tired.”

“Do you want to jump the waves with me before we go back?” ShinHye was all cheery about it.

“No.” YongHwa said immediately. “Oh..okay..” Shin Hye was taken aback by his response. “No, I mean I don’t really want to be in the water right now.” He awkwardly chuckled.  “Oh okay then. Tomorrow?” She smiled. “Yeah, tomorrow.” He smiled back.  They all packed up and left to the hotel.

“You guys can go out and explore, I’m going to watch a movie here with Kahi.” Hye Jung jumped on the bed and the tv. YongHwa liked the idea.

“Movie? I thought we were heading the gym?” Kahi shouted from the bathroom.

“Aish, can’t we do that tomorrow?” Hye Jung complained and got comfortable on the bed.

“I’m going to get ready.” Shin Hye went to her room.

“Yeah, I’m starving..” YongHwa placed his hand on his stomach.

 

YongHwa put on a black v neck t shirt with white capri shorts and his sperrys. He blow dried his hair to the left and carefully put on some cologne on his neck.  Meanwhile, ShinHye put on a black and white polka dot flowy dress with her natural wet hair. She grabbed her beach platform sandals.  YongHwa was waiting for her at the patio.

“We can go!” She entered. He turned around, astonished how refreshing she looks. He is so relieved that everything was just a nightmare. He will do his best to protect her and try to stay with her the time he has left. He will have to tell her about him signing with the company. “Let’s go pretty lady.” He winked and linked arms with her to leave for an early dinner. They decided to have acai bowls, baguettes and salad for dinner under the moonlight. The breeze was great and there was no humidity. There was small snowflake like lights that surrounded them and decorated the place.

“This baguette is so good! We need to buy more of these before we leave.” Shin Hye was enjoying the bread.

“Yes, we have to. I’ll buy as much as you want then.” YongHwa smirked.

“Of course you will.” Shin Hye said with such confidence. She took out her phone and started taking candid pictures of him. He noticed. “Aye you better get my good side.”

“What good side?” ShinHye . He laughed. He was enjoying every moment with her. He was so grateful that she was happy  and enjoying life. That's the way it was supposed to be.  “Look, I’m you.”He suddenly does the duck face. “Yah!” She laughed and remembers that day was their first kiss. She took the picture.

“I still have the picture.” He takes out his phone to show her.

“Wow, I can’t beleive that was like a few months ago. I look so tired. I can’t believe you didn’t delete it.”

“Hey, you got even now. So it’s fair now. Hahah.” He took a sip of his orange juice.

“Not really. You kissed me that day without my consent.”

“What? I thought we were supposed to forget about that!” He felt embarrassed.  Shin Hye giggled.

“You deserve a punishment.” ShinHye pouted cutely.

“Oh, then what is it? I’m ready.”

“I’m not telling you. Secret.” She winked.

“Oh Shin Hye, my heart can’t handle that wink of yours. You’re turning fierce.” YongHwa smirked.

After dinner, they decided to take a walk on the beach while holding their shoes. The sand was refreshing and the waves were calm.  They held hands while the stars shined.

“Yong Hwa, are you ready for your punishment?” ShinHye sounded serious. YongHwa sighed. “I’m a little scared right now..”

“Close your eyes, mister.” He closed his eyes. “Okay..” YongHwa was nervous. ShinHye tiptoed and gently gave him a kiss on the cheek. “There that’s  your punishment.” His eyes opened really quick and couldn’t stop smiling. “I don’t deserve this punishment.” Suddenly, he pulled her in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around his waist  and he wrapped his arms around her back. The warmth they shared was incredible and comfortable. “You know, in my dream I thought I had lost you. I was scared and torn. I don’t want us to be apart. I’ll protect you with all my might.” He said gently.

“What? Really? How?” ShinHye laid her head on his chest.

“You drowned and died. It was my fault because I didn’t grab onto your hand tighter.” He hugged her tighter.

“Awe, oh my gosh. It’s okay, I’m alive now. No wonder you didn’t want to go in the water today.”  They looked at each other. Their eyes were shining with love and happiness. YongHwa gently placed a kiss on her forehead. The breeze ran through their hair and her dress.

“You’re beautiful, Shin Hye.” His lips smoothly slid to her lips. Her lips were soft and plump, every time he touched them, it made him more enchanted with her. He tenderly kissed her lips and she followed.  His lips were soft and filled with sincerity. Their bodies were close to each other. They swiftly brushed their lips against each other. He grabbed onto her tighter and deepened the kiss. She also deepened the kiss. Alone, under the moonlight they kissed feeling each other’s lips.

They kept walking through the beach.

“I have something to tell you..and I want you to be honest, Shin Hye.” YongHwa stopped walking.

“Okay..” ShinHye was nervous. YongHwa knew it. Whenever she responds with one word that means she’s scared and anxious but she is trying to hide it.

“Okay, so a company wants my band to sign a contract with them. How would you feel if I did?” Shin Hye showed no emotion as she didn’t face him instead looked far off into the distance.



a/n: I enjoyed reading your comments yesterday! I was so happy to see you guys involved in the story!!! Yay!! So as a present, a short update for you guys! I believe that this fic is coming to its final days. But not soon though.  Also, I intended it to be a nightmare. I wasn't going to kill her off too easily. Too much angst. Haha.See you guys in the next update! Please upvote,sub and comment!! <333