L.O.V.E Girl

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

CHAPTER 15

“Ugly” “Stupid”  “Go hit the gym” “Annoying” “Parasite” resounded through her head.

It’s been three weeks already with the same thing going on in the house. Her father doesn’t notice because he is always working. But he did his best to give her what she needed and to bond with her at night listening to classical music.

                   “Shin Hye, come over here.” He would say to her as she would come back from the library. Kahi cancelled on her these past three weeks. She has not seen Yong Hwa. She has no way in communicating with him since she has her cell phone deactivated since she has been in the hospital.  Shin Hye would come and sit on the couch with him. This time it was Beethoven’s turn to be featured on his stereo.

            “Have you played this?”

            “Yes I have.  The first movement is very powerful. I love how the right hand plays with such softness, sadness and elegance. The left hand gives it substance since he plays louder than the right hand.”

            “I feel like there is no happy ending. The first movement reminds me of the American writer Edith Wharton who wrote Ethan Frome.”

            “I understand.”

            “Shin Hye  please stop being so formal and polite with me. It feels weird.”

            “I’m sorry.”

Her coldness always left a mark on him. She was quite confusing. She talked with passion but at the same time one can still feel the iciness within her.  The third movement began to play.

                   “I remember, this was the piece you played for your first performance.”

“ How…do you know..?” In reality, those words did not come out of . She was too shocked and it reminded how happy she was playing the piece.       

            Its already April 5th, and she has not found a piece to play at the competition. Nor has she fully recovered.  Her period did not come yet. Each day was becoming harder and harder. The ambience she is in is not helping her.  She could not even eat dinner in peace.

  “Are you seriously going to eat all of that? What a gluttonous person you are..” Ailee said as she sat down.

“I know, now we have to spend more money on food.” Yoon Ah added. (Ailee’s mom)

“You’re such a burden” Ailee had to add.

I’m strong. I can do this. Just breathe in and out.

   “Wow the way you eat, so ugly. Have some class.” Yoon Ah said with disgust as she waited for the maids to serve their food.

Shin Hye couldn’t say anything because her father had entered the dining room to eat dinner. 

“Ahh, eating as a family.” He sat down on the chair.

Shin Hye ignored him and put the spoonful of rice in .

            “Ahh Shin Hye you eat good.” Her father said with a pleased smile.

She just nodded her head.

           “How are you all?” He sounded very positive.

“Good, Daddy. I’m getting good grades!” Ailee said in a fake cute little girl voice.

           “I’m so happy for you.”

Dinner was awkward and silent. Shin Hye with her cold aura, Ailee and her mother disgusted with her and the father,Pil Mo saw that it was not a good idea to talk. 

-

Shin Hye POV

April 6th

         I don’t feel like eating. I’m tired of everything. Life is beautiful my mom once said. I don’t believe her. I don’t like looking at myself in the mirror.  I don’t like my enemy seeing me like this. I want to shine but why. Maybe having a period is not so important… 

         No I’m not ugly. I want to believe it. I want to believe that I’m not a failure. But I can not believe it.

I’m not going to stay like this, right?

The words one by one are destroying me inside.

I lay on my bed, not wanting to go anywhere. I don’t anybody looking at me. I don’t want to be near anybody. Ailee was downstairs. My dad left for work and Yoon Ah just leaves and spends money. Apparently, she doesn’t work as the secretary anymore in the company.

I’m wearing one the pajamas that Yong Hwa had bought me. It’s really comfy and it gives me a bit of happiness. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts.  I got up from the bed to go get my backpack. I searched through the pockets and found it, the letter from my mother. I need it to strengthen me once again. I sat on my bed again and slowly opened the blue polka dot envelope.

I heard somebody open the door. I turn my head, of course it was Ailee. Perhaps she forgot her bag.  She completely ignored me when she entered. After she got her bag, she squint her eyes at me.

“What?”   I said with no emotion.

“Give me that.” She snatched the letter from me. “You’re not worthy of any love letters you attention seeker.”

 “Give it back.” I stood up from the bed.

“Uh, no this is my room. My rules. Who’s this from Yong Hwa? Huh?! You little !” She pushed me back to my bed. I had no strength left.

 “What are you talking about? How do you know him?”

“Don’t act like you don’t know, you hoe. “To my Beloved Shin Hye” she read in an irritating voice. “Ugh how disgusting. If he knew how disgusting you are.” She began to tear the letter apart.

“NO , WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” I couldn’t hold back my tear. I tried to get the letter from her and she kept ripping it. “Stop!!” I threw the pillow at her.

“Stop? Me? YOU’RE THE ONE THAT NEEDS TO STOP” she shouted with an intense anger rising in her.  She went by the paper shredding machine that was by her desk.

     “PLEASE STOP!!!” I screamed with all my might. I ran towards it to unplug it but she pushed me with a great force. I fell to the ground. With the little strength I found, I stood up and jumped on top of her and started to pull her hair. “STOPP” I was already crying out of sadness and anger. The letter was already gone.

Ailee walked backwards causing me to hit myself with the wall. I let go and fell to the ground.

“Ugh you’re so heavy! WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT!?”

“THAT WAS FROM MY MOTHER. WHAT DID I EVER DO YOU? YOU LIVED A GREAT LIFE WHILE I LIVED MY LIFE IN POVERTY. I HAD TO WORK HARD AND BEG OUR DAD TO ATLEAST PAY FOR SOMETHING.” I screamed while the tears were raining on my cheek.  Ailee stayed quiet. Her hands were trembling.

    “YOU’VE ALWAYS BULLIED ME. YOU’RE SUCH A ROTTEN PERSON.”  I took my luggage and grabbed my backpack.  I slammed the door. My heart was beating so fast that my breathing was not in synchronization with it.

I couldn’t even get to read the letter again. I don’t want to live anymore. I’m tired. I left the house with my pajamas on, my hair was messy, and didn’t even brush my teeth. Where is he? Where is Kahi? Why am I alone? I walked and walked not knowing where to go.

I ended walking to my house. The scent of my mother led me there. The only thing I had left.  I grabbed my keys, unlocked it and entered. To my surprise, everything seemed cleaned and not dusty. Also, the smell was pleasant. I looked around and saw that all my flowers looked alive. I noticed something. I walked towards the piano room. There was a bunch of pink peonies surrounding the grand piano. 

On the piano bench, there was little note. I picked it up and it said,  

          “To make your life a bit more colorful. I can’t wait for your comeback. Fighting!, Park Shin Hye.

                                                             Love,

                                                                  #1 Fan”

Oh what a nice surprise.

But how did he get in here?

Oh that’s right; he left the flowers with Kahi the last time. So they must have planned this…

I’m happy.

I slowly sat down by the peonies and began to admire them. Peace and serenity entered my soul. 

-

Yong Hwa was trying to contact Shin Hye through Kahi. But Kahi wasn’t home. He decided to go Ailee’s house. He rang the door bell.

   “Oh, hi Yong-“ She stopped herself of saying yongie.

“Is Shin Hye here?”

“Who are you talking about?”

 “She’s your step sister. Don’t play like that. I have dropped her off here.”

The jealousy was killing her.

    “She’s not here.”

“Do you know where?”

        “No” her answers were sharp and filled with attitude.

“You’ve changed Ailee….in a bad way.” His words hurt her more than a thousand bricks being thrown at her. Yong Hwa turned his back and went back to his car.

I think have an idea where she is.

He entered the house, finding her on the floor. His heart skipped a beat.  He quickly went towards her and bent down beside her.

“Hey..” She covered because her breath stinks. “I’m hungry..”

He let out a sigh of relief. He didn’t want her to be starving herself again.

“Oh you’re wearing pajamas…”

She nodded her head in embarrassment.

          “Let’s go out to eat. My mom wants to meet up for lunch.”

“Are you sure?” she keeps covering .

Yong nodded his head. Shin Hye stood up.

      “My fan brought me flowers” she said happily while she pointed at the peonies.

Yong Hwa smiled with satisfaction.

           “Oh, nice”

Shin Hye took her luggage and backpack to her old room. She got herself ready, even though it was hard. Shin Hye put on a long black t-shirt dress, that way her bloat would not be noticeable.

“Can you help me tie my shoes?” She asked Yong Hwa, since her bloated belly did not let her bend down easily.  Yong Hwa bent down and with such gentleness he tied her light blue oxfords.  They left the house. 

-

Kahi and Hye Young were inside of the detective department.

         “Did you get a call?” Hye young asked Kahi.

           “Yes I did. I couldn’t believe it. I knew something was off with her.”

             “I think I might know who it is. I need him to be put away in jail and rot there.”

         “Who?”

         “Kim Tae hoon, aka The Snake.”

        “I was also thinking about him. He still does those dirty deals. He has hidden himself very well.”

         “He likes taunting me. I can’t believe he got away that time.”

        “We weren’t prepared enough. We should have brought the whole police with us.”

          “I know,” Hye young said in regret. “Atleast the girl was fine.”

          “I don’t understand. He didn’t her; the girl said that he was being nice to her. So she just did it with him.”

           “There are two options, either he wanted to see me or he manipulated her.”    

               “Well the girl looked like she has a past of going around.  She was most likely a e. Also, if he wanted to do something with her, he would have had her outside with you.”

                “ True..”

      “Are you sure it’s him who killed Shin Hye’s mom?”

      “There must be somebody behind him that caused it. He has no relation with her. I know because I’ve been trying to catch him ever since he killed my husband.” Hye Young felt a vibration in her pants. She took out her cell phone. She read the text message aloud. “I am glad you’re still alive..for now.”

“Oh my god.”  Kahi covered .

“DAMMIT.” Hye young pounded her fist on the table.  

“Its time to go see your son, Hye Young.”

“Oh, that’s right. I’ll see you again Kahi.” Hye Young quickly put on her jacket and left the building. She quickly arrived at the place.

Hye Young looked around and spotted Shin Hye at a table.

“Shin Hye!!! I’m so glad to see you!!”

Shin Hye looked up and immediately recognized her.  

 “Ah, Mrs. Jung nice to see you too! Congrats on your discharge!”

She smiled, took a seat next to her and continued to talk.

“Where is Yong Hwa?”

“I don’t know, he told me to wait here.”

“Oh, then I’ll wait here too.”  She gave her a comforting smile even though inside she was dying.

Suddenly, the lights dimmed.

“Oh my, what’s happening?” Hye Young let out an awkward laugh.

Shin Hye just nodded her head. She didn’t feel like talking because she was hungry. She just sipped on her green juice.

“Everyone please pay attention to the newest band out there, CNBLUE.”  The host said through the microphone.

“Oh! Finally, he’s going to make some money, Hehehe.” His mother was being slightly awkward. Shin Hye just smiled, waiting for his performance.

CNBLUE was ready on stage.

Yong and Shin’s eyes met. Both nervous stares. But it gave a sudden rush of confidence to Yong Hwa.

     “Our song is called L.O.V.E Girl. Please enjoy.”

Everybody in the restaurant was enjoying themselves since their music started.

            “I act like a fool when you smile. When I look at you, you are like a pretty doll.” Yong was singing those words while looking at Shin Hye.

Shin Hye was smiling and her hands were quivering. Her eyes shined. Hye Young was clapping her hands to the beat and was smiling uncontrollably.

 ‘What a sly romantic boy.’ She thought.

‘He’s singing for somebody. He looks so happy up there. Their voices are just so soothing and fun at the same time. His charisma, personality, voice, talents and looks are enchanting me. I like you, Yong Hwa.

      But, I will wait until I’m recovered.

                        Thank you for being the star after a dark day.’ Shin Hye thought as he finished his performance.

 

Author's note::

Hey! Sorry if the update was short! I hope you enjoyed it! At the end I made reference to the second chapter when Yong says to Shin "When it rains look for rainbows, when its dark look for stars." Something like that, haha. I put a character list in the begining, like the foreword? So if you want check out so you can imagine how the characters look like. I hope you're liking how Kahi is revealed to be a detective working with Yong Hwa's mother. Yes, she is also a piano teacher. And I'm sorry if I was not clear about Ailee putting the pieces together that Yong Hwa likes Shin Hye. I did put her thinking about the time where Yong Hwa heard the name Shin Hye and said it.So,he immediately got up. Sorry for any confusion. Dx In addition, just like Shin made Yong tie her shoes, I make my sister ties my shoes because of my bloating. Haha. 

Please leave your wonderful comments. I get excited just reading them.