Reading my Musical Notes

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

CHAPTER 14

“Are you sure it will work?” Her hands were shaking.

“Of course.” He gave a wink.  She rolled her eyes.

“You know I don’t give you any crappy things.” He came close to her face and held her closely by the waist. She put her arms around his neck.

“When will you come and live with me? I miss you.”

“Soon” she replied with a peck on his lips.

“I love you, only you.”

“You better.” She let go of his embrace. “So I’ll see you tonight.” She bit her lip seductively.

“I’ll be waiting.” His eyes glistened whiling seeing her walk away with the little jar in her hand. 

-

“She was what?!” Kahi exclaimed through the phone. “Yes. Yes I won’t tell her…Please do so.” She hung up and placed her cell phone on the kitchen counter. She placed her hand on her forehead and let out a sigh. “Poor Shin Hye…” She muttered to herself when she walked towards the front door to open it.“Shin Hye!!” She let her step in and gave her one long hug.

Shin Hye POV

Yes. I needed this hug. She became a bit more affectionate after the whole thing happened. Kahi always has this tough act on but I’ve learned that she’s a plush toy inside.

“I brought you cookies!” I shyly smiled.

“Oatmeal?” Kahi eyes brightened when I took out the box. She snatched the box from me and I followed her into the kitchen.  Her kitchen was white with aqua marble countertops. I grabbed a blue wooden chair from the counter bar that was in the middle of the kitchen to sit my down.  She began to make coffee.

“Shin Hye? Would you like coffee or tea?”

“I guess I’ll have some tea right now.”

“Blueberry?”

“Yes please.”

She began to boil the water.

“Your father is really handsome. I knew him from afar but just seeing him up close. I was amazed. You have good genes. Your mother and father are good looking.” Um. What.

“Thank you?”

“I’m saying this because he contacted me. He basically threatened me saying that if you came to live with me, he would call the cops accusing me of kidnapping you.”  I stayed quiet.  She continued to talk.

“But I told him:::

                      You think I care? Accuse me all you want… but that would be the worst mistake of your life. Do it. I dare you. You won’t give her the life she needs to become healthy again. She doesn’t need your crap.

                    Pil Mo clenched his fist.  “ I’ll do it.”

Remember the type of connections I have.

                 Pil Mo let out a big sigh and broke out into tears. He bent down and covered his face. “I just want to have my daughter back. Please don’t negate this opportunity for me.”

He seemed sincere Shin Hye.

                 Fine. You can take her home. You better prove yourself wrong.

HAHAHA. Out of all the people, me? C’mon. Psh.” She turned off the stove because the water was already boiling.

“That’s funny. At home he’s acting-“  I stopped myself. No, I should not burden Kahi. I’m strong enough. Lies. I know, I know but it only has been one day. I’m hoping it will get better.

“Acting like what?” As she poured the water onto the white mug.

“ Like…I don’t know how to explain. He wanted to show off he had control of things by disciplining my stepsister in front of me.” Phew. Its true though.

“Oh really? Oh my gosh.”

“She’s my age, 19. So it didn’t really affect her.”

“Your dad…” She said shaking her head and putting the tea bag in the mug.  “Oh yeah, my clothes you can keep it for now.” She raised her head.

“Where’d you get that sweater from?”

“Oh yeah, my step sister’s friend. He let me borrow it because your sweater smelled horrible. The night sweats.” I said nonchalantly.

“ Oh, those night sweats… That’s sweet of him. Is he handsome?”

“Kahi, he’s my step sister’s friend. I literally saw him in the room sleeping with her.”

“Yeah, but you can change him. Answer my question or you will not get your tea.”

“I’ll take those cookies.”  Kahi let out a sigh.

“You’ve always been hard to talk to.”

“I mean he’s handsome but no thank you.”

“Shin Hye, so like you. You’re waiting for the fan, huh?”

“Yes and no. I want to become well and not have this really “pregnant” stomach. That would probably turn him off. My hair is short and I feel like an alien in my own body.”

“You never know.  Maybe it doesn’t. Shin Hye, your hair is growing. It will pass.”

“I really want to meet him. At the same time I don’t because….” I had to stop myself. I’m not even sure.

“Is there somebody else?” Kahi started to smile. 

“Kahi, I have a song in mind to play.” I need to focus.  Kahi squinted her eyes at me.

“You always change subjects. Sure let’s see if I have the sheets. But after I drink my coffee and eat my cookies.  Drink your tea, Shin Hye.” She smiled. It was comforting to have somebody that understands the way I am. I began to sip my tea.

-

“I heard she was discharged yesterday, Yong Hwa. The nurses told me that she has more life in her.”  His mother drank the smoothie that he bought for her.

“Yeah..”  He was by the window looking at the skies.

“I also heard that you’re the one that she left with not her father. They say you make a good couple with her.”  Yong Hwa let out a smile.

“I approve also. Everyone approves. Haha. I wish I got to talk to her more.”

“It’s okay, she doesn’t really say much. Her outer person is cold but her inner person is warm. It’s confusing but charming at the same time.”  He sat down on the chair that’s by his mother.

“Son, I’m glad you have this opportunity after so long.” She placed her hand on top of his.  “Also, I’ll be discharged sometime next week. My ankle is already healing and my body as well. So don’t worry about me so much and play the guitar. Make that debut.” Her eyes sparkled and the calmness of her voice reassured Yong Hwa that its time.

Yong Hwa rose from his seat and kissed his mom goodbye.

She felt her cell phone vibrating.

“Hello…yes? …I will be discharged next week and ready to go. I had a feeling it would be like that. I think I know who it is. I’ll do anything for her.” 

-

Jong Suk couldn’t take it. He always looked up to Byun Hee but now he had the audacity to compete with him for Shin Hye. He knew this was serious. Byun Hee only plays with girls but considering he declared war. You can’t play with him.  “I need to get closer to her before he does.”  He was walking around the mall trying to see what to buy for her.He entered Urban Outfitters and went towards the women’s section.  Looking through the racks, he found the perfect dress for her.  It was a Honey Punch Knot Front T-Shirt Dress. Its not really Shin Hye’s style but he just loved the idea of her in this dress. He put his hand on it; suddenly somebody’s hand reached for it too.

       “This dress is mine.” Ailee said with a demanding voice.

“Uhhh no.” Jong Suk grabbed the dress. Ailee wasn’t having it. She wanted the dress.

She grabbed the end of the dress and tried pulling it away from him. He was also pulling at the other end. Until he heard a camera go off, he remembered he’s a celebrity and if Shin Hye found out he would lose her respect. He let go and the force was major that the hanger hit Ailee’s face.

       He looked around. People were watching. He looked at the furious girl. “Ehh, she doesn’t look innocent.” He thought while she was in pain He had no other choice but to say sorry. He was about to say the words but then he felt his cheeks sting. She slapped him. Ailee was furious. Today is not going well.  She turned her head to see Yong Hwa with a bag and staring at her with disappointment in his eyes. He saw everything. Today was definitely not a good day.

       Jong Suk turned his head to where she was looking. He seemed familiar to him.

Yong Hwa just walked out of the store.

“I’m leaving.” He also walked out of the store. The store manager asked her to leave the store.

“What I have money? I can pay for these things.”

“Now that I see you up close, you’re Ailee right?”

It used to be Ailee’s friend back in high school.

She let out a sigh and rolled her eyes.

“Yep that’s you. Let’s make a deal.”

“What is it Seung-ho?”

“If your free tonight or any other night I’ll let you stay in the store.”

“Sure why not..”

“Same number right?”

She nodded her head. She was starting to get tired of guys like this. That is why Yong Hwa stood out to her. 

-

Shin Hye Pov

“Good work today Shin Hye.” Kahi said,

“Thank you. I will try to decide the song for next time.”

“It’s okay. It was a good practice session to warm up your fingers.” She smiled as she locked the door from the outside.

“Thank you for feeding lots of food today and the extra pair of sweatpants and big tshirt.” I bowed my head.

“My pleasure. Keep eating the guidelines and don’t give up!  Why are you thanking me now? In the car you can thank me all you want.” Oops I forgot to tell her. Yong Hwa arrived at the moment in his car.

“Ohhh I see. Who is that? Yong Hwa?” Kahi said with a smile. I know she ships us but sometimes in these matters I don’t like giving her pleasure.

“No.. its my father”

Yong Hwa opened the window of his car.

“He’s too handsome to be your father.” Kahi chuckled. “Go on.” She turned around to unlock her front door. I said my goodbye and went down the stairs.

I opened the car’s door.

“Wow your punctual,” I’m trying my best to not be awkward.

He smiled. “Yup.” I put my seatbelt on. The first few minutes of the car ride was silent but he began to speak.

“I went to go see my mom.”

“How is she? She’s such a joyful person.”

“She is. She’s good. She’s going to be discharged next week.”

“Oh! That’s so exciting. Are you going to celebrate with her?”

“Hopefully, she’s a workaholic. She’s a strong person though. A single mother that’s always working so I can play the guitar. She said that she’s waiting the day that I can make money with my guitar.”

“Ha ha she’s so cute!” I like it when he opens up. I like to know things about him.

“Ha, And I’m planning to do that single thing, for my mother.” He has a reason to play and just to exist. I couldn’t help but smile.

“Was that too corny?” he smiled at me.

“What does she work in?”

“My mom? She had various jobs throughout our life. Now she’s working in a nail salon. Apparently, a woman didn’t pay and went running out. So my mother tried catching her along with another worker and she sprained her ankle. Being her, she kept running and somehow scraped her whole body on the side walk.”

“Oh my god.”

“She always gets hurt. At every job she’s been in. She is so clumsy.”

“How’s the expenses?”

“Somehow she manages to pay for all them. Also, she never lets me visit her at her job until I start making money with my guitar.”

“Tough love haha. Have you tried following her?”

“Yeah but she ends up finding out and sends me to school.”

“Hahhahaha.:” I love hearing these type of stories. I’m enjoying this car ride. “Have you been suspicious about what she does?”

“Oh no, she would always come home at seven at night. She never left me alone and always cooked me food. If she was a e she wouldn’t be worried about me.”

“That’s true.”  I took out some dried figs to snack on. 

“I think we are here.” He parked the car. He took off his seatbelt and reached over to the back seat. He placed a bag infront of me.

“What is this?”

“It’s for you.”

My eyes widen as I felt the things inside the bag. “No, you shouldn’t have.”

“I got the biggest size for you so you can feel confident and make more eye contact with me.”  I turned my head the other way, embarrassed.

“Thank you for the ride and clothes. Good night.” He was right, I hardly made eye contact with him for that reason. He knows how to read my musical notes. I got out the car and made my way to the house. I’m hoping to just go to my bed and find the piece I would like to play. I entered the house.

My father was on the couch listening classical music in the dark.

    “Hiii..” I said awkwardly.

“Shin Hye sit down.” He said with a calm voice.

I sat on the couch right infront of him.

“Listen to this beauty with me.”

I nodded my head. It was Shubert, Symphony no 3 in D major. I closed my eyes. I relaxed my body.

“Ha that was unexpected.” Suddenly the song became a triumphant one.

“I know right.”

“Don’t you imagine the scenery, father?”

“Yes, it way better than tv.” I saw him smile. He continued “ Please don’t be mad at me by putting you in the same room as Ailee. I want you guys to bond and get along. I finally put a bed in her room so you can sleep comfortably.”

“Thank you father”

“You have your mother’s same aura. Very enchanting.” I was taken aback at this comment.

“I used to do this, what we are doing, with your mother.”

“Oh”

We stayed silent for a good 10 minutes. I noticed that he was asleep. So I went back to “my” room, excited to see my bed.

As I was about to open the door, I hear Ailee talking on the phone.. “Seung-ho, not today I’m tired but I promise you another day for sure…okay..bye..” After she hung up, I opened the door. She turned around and greeted me with a disgusted face.

Ignoring her, I entered with my bag of clothes.

    “You piece of crap, you made the room smell bad.”

“Don’t talk to me.” 

 “Is that your comeback?” She looked at my bag that said Urban Outfitters. Her eyes became enraged and black. As if I said something really offensive.

 “You went shopping there? Really? You look like a whale, you can’t fit in those clothes. You’re so full of yourself.”

I breathed in and out. This is not good for my health.

“Whales are beautiful animals.”

Suddenly, she grabbed my bag and dumped the clothes outside the window that she had opened. My heart was racing and my blood was boiling.

“Go pick it up. Now” I’m not playing.

“Uh no, you need to do exercise.” She sat on her bed looking at her phone. I couldn’t take it so I ran towards her with a pillow that I grabbed and started hitting her with all my might. She grabbed my wrist and twisted it. Ailee pushed me to the wall and I fell to the ground.  “Don’t touch me ever again!!!” She gave me a little kick and went on her bed to sleep. I got up with lots of pain and went outside to pick up my clothes.  

-

Yong Hwa laid on his bed thinking about today’s occurrences.  An image of the house showed up.

 “It looks like Ailee’s house? …It is.. Are they stepsisters? Park Ailee and Park Shin Hye. Oh my god…That’s awkward. I rejected her and I’ve been after her sister. Why doesn’t she ever talk about her?” he would think. So many questions were filling his head.

 -

Hye Young ( Yonghwa’s mom) laid on the hospital bed thinking about how a few months ago she got hurt.

       “Stop playing games with me, Tae Hoon. I’m here.” She said with a stern, unemotional voice.  “Stop making me wait.” She was in a dark alley with lots of garbage and steel furniture surrounding her.  Tae hoon came out of nowhere and went by her ear whispering “Boo”and placed a knife on neck.

           “I love how you know my name.” he whispered with a disturbed feeling.

“Shut up. Where is she?”

         “Oh, we’ve been playing some games while waiting for you.”

“Where is she?” Her voice started to sound scary.

          “I love the way you sound.”

“Stop.”

“She was so delightful in bed.”

        “You son of a-“  She quickly lowered her head to keep it away from the knife. Rapidly with her heel of the shoe, she squished his balls. The knife dropped and he fell to the floor for a brief moment.

“You think that will hurt me?” He got up to look for his knife.

“GO Kahi, Gooo!!!” Kahi ran to go get the teenage girl that was in a small basement sitting on the bed with a bathroom robe on looking miserable.

“Don’t tell me you were going to do it?” Kahi said compassionately.

Her eyes were filled with tears. “I had no choice. He made me feel special and then I ..I..”

“Shh, let’s get out of here first.”  They ran out for safety.

“I told you to come alone. Why didn’t you obey my orders?” He started walking towards her.

“I don’t obey any body’s orders get that straight, Snake.” She was standing still, calculating when to move.

“That’s why your husband was killed. You don’t obey me…what a shame you little boy won’t have mommy anymore.” He was a foot away from her.

“You’re the devil in disguise.” She showed no emotion.

“That’s why I’m called the Snake.” He smiled.

She closed her eyes and went right for it. She gave him a real good punch in the forehead hopefully making him unconscious. It almost worked until she felt something coming out of her. He stabbed her on the side of her stomach.

The Snake was half conscious and just left her bleeding on the floor. She tried getting up but her legs and feet could not sustain her, which caused her to sprain her ankle.

Kahi came running to her and trying to pick her up.

  “The girl?” she was holding her side.

“Shes safe, a friend of hers came by to be with her. She called him.”

“Okay good. We were so close Kahi, so close.”

“I know, I know. But let’s first get to the hospital.” 

AUTHORS NOTE:: I hope you like the new poster. I got the hang of photoshop and its fun! Haha. Lots of going on this chapter. Many people with secrets. I thought this was going to be fluff but I guess not. Ha. Thanks for leaving comments last time. It made my heart flutter <3 So keep commenting , upvoting , subscribing and reading my fanfic! I hope youre enjoying it! I may do a character list so you know whos who so far and have a visual of who they are for the story. love you guys! 

EDIT:: CHANGED THE POSTER. ~