The Cherry Blossoms

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

They both pulled apart.  Shin Hye slowly stepped off the rock and started to back away.

“I’m sorry..” she said. It was her first kiss. It was a mistake to her. It was just pure hormones, not true love.

“Nooo, don’t be..” Yong Hwa signaled with his hand.

“No. no I’m sorry.” She turned her back on him and started to walk away.

“Shin Hye!”

She just kept walking faster. Yong Hwa followed after her.

“Shin Hye, let’s talk about it.” He caught up to her. She let out a big sigh and turned her head towards him.

“Its okay. Don’t feel awkward about it.”

“But its my fault…”

“No. Its not your fault. If it makes you feel any better, let’s forget about it and nothing happened. Ok?”

She nodded her head in agreement.

“Ok”  Shin Hye  just kept walking in front of Yong Hwa until she stopped in front of a house. She stood there, silently staring at it.

“Is this your house?”

“Mhm”

Her house was small, white and light brown. It was a few blocks away from the park. Many cherry blossoms surrounded the house. There was a cute little porch on the front of the house with lots of flowers that have not wilted away. Most of the flowers were violet hydrangeas. The wind would blow through; you can hear the dangling of the chimes.

The wind blew through her short brown hair. It would swiftly move as the cherry blossoms were falling to the ground.

“Do you want to come in?” She turned to him asking, breaking the eye contact that she has been avoiding.

“ I guess..”

She went ahead, took out a key and opened the door. Without a word, they both entered the house. It was dark and dusty. Everything was in place and neat, the way she left it. Except for the piano room. The books were on the floor, the curtains were ripped, and dust was everywhere. That was where Kahi found her lying and starving.

“Are you going to stay here?”

“I don’t know…should I?” It was a rhetorical question. He sensed it and didn’t answer.

He was sorting all the music books and organizing them.

“I assumed you found out about my past through tv. That time Jong suk was on, huh?”

Yong Hwa was confused for a moment until he let that processed through his mind.

“Oh… yeah.”

“ I played each page of those books. It was fun, bringing those notes to life.”  She stood by the window and opened it. He kept looking through the books, until he found an album. He slowly opened it so the dust would not make an effect. He was surprised. They were filled with dried flowers.

“Oh, that” she chuckled. She went by him and bent down.

“You really like flowers, huh?”

“Yeah. It’s from my first fan. I collected every flower from him. This is a very special album. Ever since my first performance, he has given me one flower.”

“Have you met him?”

“No. Actually he would leave it on top of my belongings; I would be in the bathroom.  I want to meet him and thank him. On my last performance, he gave me a really huge bouquet of flowers. I have each flower in a different album in my suit case.” She smiled shyly. He turned his head, which kind of was too close to her face, especially her lips. He smiled and bit his lip.

Oh my god. Why is he being so cute? I am getting so nervous. I’m such an awkward mess.

“That’s cute” He said while perfectly knowing that she was talking about him.

She stood up immediately.  To ignore his oozing attractiveness, she went to look over other books and organize them. She opened one music book, flipping through the pages, something fell out.

“Huh?” She bent down to pick it up.

It was an envelope. On the back, it said “To my Beloved Shin Hye” . Her hand began to shake. “M-m-m om..”

Yong Hwa stood up and went by her side.

“A letter from my mom…”  She quickly opened the envelope. Somehow she was still hoping her mother was alive and everything was a lie. Unfortunately, that was not the case. It read : 

          

My Beloved Shin Hye,

                             I am sure that you did a wonderful job at the competition/recital. I want to say I’m sorry I can not make it. My time is limited and I believe today will be my last day to reside on this Earth. So I am writing something for you, so you can keep it and let it be a reminder of how much I care for you. Please, eat. I know how hard it can be with so many people criticizing you, but please don’t be afraid of rice. It is a good source of energy. You are such a beautiful person inside and out. Such amazing qualities, please, don’t let anybody take that away from you. You have a long way to go in your life, please don’t let the number on a scale define your worth, or how you look define your worth. Why not grow as a person?  Explore the world. Help others. You can do anything as long as you can put your mind to it. I want everybody to hear you play the piano. You bring it to life and everybody can feel the pain, happiness, and anger that go into your playing.

          About your father, don’t be angry with him. He has given you almost everything I couldn’t. Just today, he came by to tell me how proud he was of you and how sorry he was to leave us. He did love us, and will always love you. It’s just that circumstances got in the way and it didn’t work out. He told me he was going to see your performance today. I hope that man goes. Hehe. So, please give him another chance. For me, atleast? I don’t want you to be alone. I know you have Kahi, but let’s try not to be a burden with her, alright?

                               Be strong Shin Hye! I hope one day you find the fan that always gives you the flowers. I’m always with you, beside you, in your heart. Always remember to water the plants!!! I love you soo much Shin Hye and thank you for being there for me and spoiling me all the time. I am one lucky mother. Once again, I love you. Fighting, Park  Shin Hye!

                                                          Love

                                                Jin Kyung/ (Your lovely mother) <3 

Shin Hye’s tears already covered her face. “Positive until the end….”

Yong Hwa gently put his hand on her head and slowly pulled her in for a back hug. His warmth and his gentleness comforted her. Now his arms and hands were by her waist. Her tears rolled down her cheeks as if they were having a race. She turned around and quickly hugged him. Her silent cries resonated through his body. His manly arms embraced her giving a sense of protection.  The wind began to blow really hard which made the curtain to fly in place. The cherry blossoms began to fly in causing a flood of pink delicate petals to fly in through the window and lay on the ground. The sun was setting. The skies were blueish and pinkish. There was not a single cloud in the sky.

 ~~~~~~

Shin Hye nervously touched the doorbell. She let out a big sigh waiting.

She hears the sound of somebody coming to the door. Is it too late now to back out…

The door opened.  His eyes widen.

“Shin Hye…” 

 

 

 

Author's note:: Thank you so much for waiting! I'm sorry if its a bit short! I hope you enjoy it! Love you guys! See ya until the next chapter!