Beach Day

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

CHAPTER 24 

Yonghwa reduced his speed and slowly parked the car in front of Shin Hye’s house. “Oh, I’m so excited!” Hye Jung clapped her hands and made herself comfortable in the backseat. YongHwa unbuckled his seatbelt and reached into his pocket for his phone. He texted Shin Hye that he was here. “Good morning cutie, we are here.” She looked at her phone in excitement. She texted back quickly, “On my way~” . “Is she coming?” Hye Jung asked him. “Yeah, just wait a minute.” Yong Hwa opened the door and got out of the car. Just in time, Shin Hye opened her door.  He scurried to her and grabbed her suitcase. “You can sit in the front.” Yonghwa told her while they were going down the stairs. He placed the suitcase down and opened the car’s door for Shin Hye. “Enter cutie!” He smiled with such pleasure. Shin Hye’s blood rushed to her cheeks and shyly nodded her head. He closed the door and placed her suitcase in the trunk.

“How are you, Shin Hye? You look adorable!” Hye Jung exclaimed from the back seat.  Shin Hye turned her head. “Oh, I’m so excited! And thank you! You always look beautiful!”Shin Hye said with a cheery voice. “By the way, what beach are we going to?” She asked with a cute curiosity.”You tell her, YongHwa!” Hye Jung pointed. YongHwa snickered. “Shin Hye.” Shin Hye turned to face him with a cute innocent expression on her face. YongHwa was fascinated with her beautiful and fresh face. He gulped not knowing how to react. “It’s a secret.”

Shin Hye was taken back with his response. “You’re no fun! Ugh. You are just like your father.” His mother complained from the back.  “Hey, haven’t you kept a secret from me?” He said in a nonchalant voice. “Let it goo!” She complained loudly. Shin Hye giggled. “Well, Shin Hye we are going to Yangyang-gun beach. And the hotel is wonderful! Ah, I’m so excited!”  Hye Jung said with such ecstaticness.  “Oh I can’t wait!” ShinHye made a fist gesture with both of her hands and rose in the air.  “By the way, isn’t Kahi coming?” Shin Hye asked after a minute of silence that passed by. “Ah! She said she will be going in her car just in case something happens.” Hye Jung responded. “You should have gone with her. She must feel lonely.” Yong Hwa suggested with a smirk. “Aye, don’t give me that lame excuse. She likes to be alone. Besides, men your age turn into animals next to innocent girls. I’m not letting that happen, young man!” She playfully hit him with a magazine on his shoulder. Shin Hye giggled and was smiling. Yong Hwa was satisfied to just see her smile and was just enjoying herself. The car ride was filled with joy and laughter. They sang to some trots songs, Exo, Teen Top and Beast. His mom was telling jokes and taking pictures.

 

They arrived at the parking space of the hotel. It was surrounded by lots of green trees and really green grass. The hotel looked like a tropical palace.Palm trees surrounded it and the air was fresh. The sky was a light promising blue with a touch of white cotton ball clouds. They all came out of the car and stretched. “Ahhh, we are finally here!” Hye Jung exclaimed. “Me and Shin Hye will go check out our room.Okay?” She grabbed her arm and left. “She always does this to me.” He muttered under his breath while taking out the suitcases.

 

They entered their room. It was simple but elegant. It was very spacious and the main colors were coral pink and white. The floors were sparkling clean, the bathroom was huge with a bathtub and a place to shower. There were two queen beds and in between the beds was a petite  white rustic wooden nightstand with a cute lamp. “Oh! This is so beautiful!” Shin Hye exclaimed while she walked to the patio that was connected to the room. “Don’t you dare get any ideas. I’ve thought of everything. Follow me.”  Hye Jung threatened Yong Hwa. He followed after her. She opened another door with great pleasure. “Tada! Shin Hye and Kahi will be sleeping here!” Inside was another room with two queen beds with the same decorations. YongHwa sighed. “You know I’m not that type of person.” Hye Jung laughed. “I have my eye on you. Don’t worry you will have alone time with her!” She patted his back and left to the patio to join Shin Hye.

 

After Hye Jung showed Shin Hye her room, they sit down on one of the beds. “Shin Hye, how do you feel?” She patted her knee. “I feel awesome!” she responded. “Well, I’m going to wait here for Kahi and just relax. I’m getting old, Shin Hye. You can go with YongHwa to the beach if you want.” Shin Hye became excited at her request. “Of course! That would be nice!”

“Alright, I will leave you then.” Hye Jung smiled and left. Shin Hye was feeling uncomfortable how she looked and sadness crept up her spine. She would have loved to be wearing a really cute couple bathing suit with YongHwa but she can’t. Her water retention doesn’t allow her. Shin Hye discarded the negative thoughts, she didn’t want to ruin a perfect day with YongHwa. She kept her sports bra on and decided to put on a big white shirt on with black and white basketball shorts. She came out of her room and entered the other room. “Oh!” she exclaimed when she saw YongHwa. He was  wearing a white fitted v neck tee with black bathing shorts. “Oh, wow! Couple outfits!!” Hye Jung was excited. He smiled shyly and looked down on the floor. “You look cute!” YongHwa said sheepishly. He was relieved that Shin Hye wasn’t being too revealing. He didn’t want any other man to look at her. “Ready to go?” He asked with his hand out. She bit her lip and nodded. Shin Hye gently placed her hand on his and he grabbed it immediately. They walked out the door while holding hands.

“Good thing the beach is nearby.” Shin Hye said while squinting her eyes because of the sun.

“Hey squinto, where’s your sunglasses?” Yong Hwa was amused by her cuteness. “Huh? Oh yeah, oops I forgot. Let me take it out of my bag.” She put on the sunglasses.

“Now we look like a real couple, haha.”

“Okay YongHwa.” She scoffed.

 

They took of their sandals and started to walk through the sand. “Ahh, it feels so good!” Shin Hye exclaimed as the sand went in between her toes. “You know what else feels good?” Yong Hwa began to . “What?” She asked in all innocence. “A kiss.” He lowered his face and pointed to his cheek. “Hmm..” Shin Hye was leaning in but instead of a kiss on the cheek, with her finger pushed his face away. She stuck out her tongue and continued to walk ahead. YongHwa sighed in admiration and followed after her. They rented out a big umbrella and three beach chairs.

“This is such good weather to take a nap in.” Shin Hye stretched.

“You’re right. The breeze makes it possible though.”

“Let’s go in the water!” She said excitedly.

“Wow, I’ve never seen you this excited. Not even when I asked you out.” He .

“Silly, I haven’t been to the beach for than a year. I get to spend it with you! C’mon.” She motioned him to get up from the chair.

“Fine, then.” He smiled and stood up.

 

“Let’s see how far we can go and jump the waves!” Shin Hye was exploding with happiness.

“Really? I thought you were afraid of water…”

“What? I look like that type? Aye...are you afraid?” She poked his cheek.

“Of course not. I’m going to protect you. I’m the brave one here.”

Shin Hye smiled at those words. “I used to do this with my mom...it was fun. She said it's a good way to bond with someone. How far you get means how strong the relationship is..” She stared off to the distance. “Shin Hye, now I feel pressured. But did you get far enough with your mom?”

“Yes. We were so far away  that it took us an hour to  get back on the sand, haha.”

“Now I feel like beating you and your mom’s record. Aigoo.”

“We’ll see about that. Let's go!” She tugged his shirt.

 

They jumped each wave and had lots of laughs. The water would get in their mouths and they would make fun of each other. Yong Hwa and Shin Hye would hold hands while jumping the waves. Each step they would take , the ocean would become deeper.

“How long have we been here?” Shin Hye asked.

“I have no idea.” He turned his focus to the beach area. Oh yes, they are very far. The lifeguard was hardly visible.

“I’m tired. Let’s go back-” A humongous wave splashed through them, it felt like somebody gave them a big slap on their backs. Yong Hwa was able to maintain his balance but he noticed that Shin Hye wasn’t holding his hand anymore. He looked around. Shin Hye wasn’t there.

“Shin Hye...where are you? Where are you?” He looked around with all his might. “Don’t scare me like this…” His heart was pounding and he felt that the air in his lungs was disappearing.

Meanwhile, Shin Hye was struggling to go up on the surface but she couldn’t see anything. All she felt was water burying her deeper and deeper into the depths of the ocean. She felt a desperation; she kicked and punched the water but it no use. She couldn’t hold her breath any longer.

“Shin HYE!!!” He screamed on top of his lungs. ‘What should I do now? I’m too far away to go to the life guard because by the time I go it would be too late. No, I have to look for her.’ He thought.  He dives in and begins to swim under water with all his might and force.  

a/n: Oh no...hope you enjoyed the short update!or maybe not..