The Sound

Fighting! ,Park Shin Hye

I felt water form around my eyes. I couldn’t stand my body and the way I look. If I had enough energy, I would do some burpees and HIIT workouts. But I just feel so weak. All I can do is walk around and drown myself in negative thoughts.

Suddenly, I heard a different sound, something that I have not heard in months. For some reason it was very pleasing. It felt as if somebody was hugging me from behind. Comforting me, telling me it was alright and that I can recover.  It gave me a sudden push and energy.

What was this sound called?

 

I felt the sudden need to look for the sound. I slowly backed away from the mirror and made my way out the door. Step by step, slowly but surely. It was all the way to the end of the hallway where the sound was coming from.  Without even thinking, I popped my head inside the room to see.

 

There was a guy. He stopped and looked up. We looked directly into each other’s eyes.

I froze. I didn’t know what was happening and what I was doing. I felt very strange vibes. Happy  vibes.

 

“Um..hi. Can I help you with anything?” he said with a cheerful smile.

I quickly nodded my head “ no.”  What was I doing?  I immediately withdrew my head from inside the room.  I heard him chuckle and continued to do with his thing. It was so soothing for this day.  I sat myself on the floor to listen attentively.

 

What was this sound called?

 

My eyes began to close. I did not want to fall asleep but I just felt so relaxed and stress just was not present at the moment.

 

Ahhhh. That is right. The sound is called music.

 

My eyes closed and I went into a truly peaceful sleep.

~