Doubt

Meant to Be

Jessica and Tiffany has shared their hug before the so called business trip before they are staring on the two awkwardly standing two young brunettes in wonder.

Okay, having Sooyoung avoiding Yoona’s eyes and keeping a distance in between them doesn’t call anything like Sooyoung at all.

Yoona evidently is trying to make any conversation which none has been replied by her wife yet.

“Okay, aren’t you both going to have your so called excessive ‘see you again in few days’ hug and kisses?” Tiffany’s brows creased.

When Yoona called her earlier this morning, saying that she wants to accompany her to the airport, the red head doesn’t exactly figured that something went wrong.

Gathering her courage, Yoona stepped closer to the taller woman, embracing tightly when Sooyoung’s body went tense and avoiding her eyes.

Yoona’s arms wrapped around Sooyoung’s waist as she whispered “...take care and safe flight, hon..”

The way Yoona called her, making Sooyoung gritted her teeth.

Yoona’s eyes welled up “..I will  call,” she said “see you soon..”.

Yoona pulled and Sooyoung still keeping her gaze somewhere, somewhere that is not her.

Jessica and Tiffany are sharing a glance before they keep their eyes on their bestfriend.

“..I hope we can talk when you are back..” Yoona said, bringing her hand to couch Sooyoung’s cheek “..I love you..”

Sooyoung’s hands turned into fists, and her eyes starts getting blur, but refusing to cry in front of the other woman, she turned around and making a leave without warning.

“Okay, what was that?” Tiffany staring weirdly at Yoona and Sooyoung’s back who is getting further in turn before she shot the lingering question inside her head.

Yoona swallowed “umm, Jess.. ple-please help me a little bit to—to take care of her, wi-will you?”

Despite all the confusion, Jessica is giving a small smile and nodding.

“..and—and.. I don’t think that she will be answering my call either..” Yoona hesitantly added “..so, so--..”

“Sure.” Jessica smiled “anytime.”

Yoona nodded gratefully, giving a smile.

Yoona refused to answer the two questioned faces, and they are not in a particular circumtances that is comfortable for one either.

There are always sometimes.

“Babe, call me.” Tiffany said, pressing her lips on her fiance’s “or I will,” she shrugged with a grin “I love you, so, so much.”

Jessica giggled “behave when I am not around, Fany-ah.”

Tiffany grinned childishly “just go home sooner,” she mumbled, hugging the blonde tightly “I can’t survive for long without you.”

Jessica escaped another giggles, giving the latter another kiss “see you.”

“See you too, babe!” Tiffany half yelled while Jessica is following Sooyoung inside the airport.

Making sure that Jessica and Sooyoung are nowhere to see, Tiffany turned to her tall friend “so,” both hands on her waist, she asked “want to tell me what happen?”

Yoona glanced at the red haired girl while strolling back to the parking lot, to Tiffany’s car.

Yoona is walking a step ahead without any reply.

Tiffany sighed, unlocking her car for both of them to get inside.

“..Yoona,” Tiffany called “I never saw Sooyoung that mad,” she said “heck, I never saw her getting angry at you.”

Tiffany’s words are boring holes inside Yoona’s heart, only to bleed her already bleeding heart.

Yes, never once Sooyoung was mad at her in their three years marriage. Of couse, once in a while they were into some argument, but never once Sooyoung gave her the cold shoulder.

Sooyoung never let their problems left unfinished before the night come.

Sooyoung never left her to sleep without turning their fight into fiery making loves, and Yoona always loves it.

Sooyoung was sure sometimes sulking, annoyed, pissed or dissapointed, but Yoona never once saw her wife making the big deal out of it.

And for the most important thing, Sooyoung never hurt her this much. Not as much as she is causing pain though the latter.

She made Sooyoung cried.

Her father opposed their marriage, Yoona’s father was. The old man always said that Yoona deserved someone better and for sure, Yoona deserved a complete family. A family like her sister, Yoonhee owned.

Sooyoung even got on her knees when she proposed to Yoona, not only to the girl, but to Yoona’s father to have their blessing.

Of course it took time, but Yoona’s father unwillingly letting Yoona’s happiness come first.

Despite all that, Mr.Im’s treatment to his daughter-in-law doesn’t get any better. If the man doesn’t talk words that stings, he would likely to pretend that Sooyoung is not around.

And in the power of love, Sooyoung never once whining about it, more over crying.

“Yoona, do you want to talk about it?” Tiffany asked softly, keeping her eyes on the road with sparing glances over the quiet brunette “Yoona--..”

“Please, not now.” Yoona mumbled painfully, her tears threatened to fall. And the last picture of Sooyoung inside her head doesn’t make it any better “..please..”

Tiffany sighed, nodding quietly “I just want you to know, I will be around if you need someone to talk too, okay?”

“..thank you..” Yoona replied with her eyes fall through the window.

Tiffany’s concern grows bigger when they arrived at their office, and Yoona is silently making her way to her office.

Tiffany sighed, taking Yoona’s arm before the latter walk to her own office “..will you be okay?”

Yoona is sparing another glance, but not answering.

Heck, she knows, she feels anything, anything but okay.

Because for the first time in her life, Yoona has feeling that she had never had before. She is so sure that Sooyoung loves her with all the brunette’s own, and her wife will never leave her in spite of any thing.

But then, just for the first time, that doubt occured, and Yoona is hell scared, so scared that she is going to lose the only woman she had ever loved.

-----

 

“..Sooyoung?”

“Hmm?” Sooyoung turned to her blonde bestfriend from the window.

“..are you two okay?” Jessica hold Sooyoung’s hand in concern.

Sooyoung glanced at Jessica’s hand before she is back to Jessica’s face.

They are far from okay.

“..You are warm.” Jessica noticed before she checked the latter’s temperature with her palm on Sooyoung’s cheek.

“I am fine.” Sooyoung spoke weakly.

“Have you eat? Did you go to the doctor? Since when--..”

“I am fine.” Sooyoung said again.

Jessica doesn’t buy it of course.

“The fact that you joined me in this business trip already voiced out that something is not okay.” Jessica said.

“Are you really going to miss her birthday, Soo?”

Sooyoung doesn’t reply, instead, she turned her head back to the window glasses.

And Jessica refused to let this go just yet.

Slidding her hand to Sooyoung’s warm cheek, Jessica turned the latter to face her again “I am worried.” Jessica spoke sincerely “really worried.” She said “can you tell me that this is all just a scene where you want to give her one of the lovely surprises for her birthday with twisting plot?”

Sooyoung keeps silent.

Jessica sighed “..Sooyoung,” she called, caressing the taller woman’s cheek gently “this trip could be done with only me.” She said “but you suddenly called Boa-unnie that you want to come with me, when earlier weeks ago when we planned this trip you clearly asked to clean off your scedule from any out of town trip?”

 “Tell me,” Jessica voice out “how do I believe that you are okay?”

They have know each other since high school, three of them along with Tiffany. And if there is someone who knows Sooyoung better than anyone, it is Jessica.

“Why did you decided to come with me to Jeju in the last minute?” Jessica asked “because last time I check, I still do the marketing column in our megazine. And I supposed that writing about the new resort which was proposed to be featured in the megazine is still part of my job?”

“I told Boa-unnie that I may use the trip for some inspiration.”

Which was a lie, and Jessica is aware of it.

The blonde sighed upon no satisfying answers she could get “not that I am not happy that you join me, Soo.” She said “you know I do.” She gently caresses Sooyoung’s hand “but I am really worried.” She said “do you want to talk about it?”

With no reply from the taller brunette, Jessica called softly “Soo--..”

“Maybe not now.” Sooyoung cut, giving an apologetic look “please..”

Jessica nodded in understanding “I will be around if you need someone to talk to.” She said, and Sooyoung turned back to the window.

Because dealing with her headache and heartache for the one hour flight is more than enough, and she couldn’t take more of questions that she, herself has no answer to.

Heck she knows, she feels anything, anything but okay.

Because for the first time in her life, Sooyoung has feeling that she had never had before. She is so sure that Yoona loves her with all the brunette’s own, and her wife will never leave her in spite of any thing.

But then, just for the first time, that doubt occured, and Sooyoung is starting to wonder in uncertainty, that maybe, maybe love has never been real.