Broken hearts

Meant to Be

Yoona hasn’t leave Sooyoung’s side since late last night. The latter hasn’t even close her eyes more that five minutes.

Sitting on a chair by Sooyoung’s side bed, Yoona keeps her eyes on the sleeping woman’s face. Her hand holds Sooyoung’s hand silently.

Yoona’s eyes teared up again when she saw needles stuck on the back on Sooyoung’s palm. Her heart can not take it that she gazes back on Sooyoung’s face. That scars from last night was treated fine, it will still cause a little pain. But Yoona knows that it wasn’t always about the scars that can be seen.

A lot of things happened. And Yoona couldn’t even started with the most simple thing that caused her wife to ended up on a hospital bed.

But then, she always came with the same conclusion.

It was her fault that Sooyoung is now lying helplessly here.

Really, if it wasn’t for the light make up Sooyoung applied last night, Yoona would have noticed the losing colour of Sooyoung’s face then. And if it wasn’t from the dark coloured long sleeves sweater Sooyoung wore last night, she would had noticed that her wife is indeed losing some weight.

Yoona’s heart broke, and just the sight of her unwell wife tore her again, and again.

This wouldn’t happened in the first place if she was being faithful then.

Yoona is aware that by doing that mistake, she had already broke their wedding vow. And now, she failed her wife once again. She should have taking care of Sooyoung, making sure the latter eat well and visit a doctor, shouldn’t she?

But there is nothing Yoona wished right now more than having Sooyoung to wake up.

And by Sooyoung’s condition right now, Yoona is determinated to talk it out with Sooyoung, that the divorce won’t happen at all.

Yoona has played it over and over again for hours since last midnight, scenes after scenes, scenarios after scenarios, in the end, the outcome is the same. Yoona needs and wants Sooyoung in her life.

There will be no divorce, Sooyoung will definitely visit a doctor under Yoona’s supervision, and obviously, Yoona will persuade the tall woman to go back home with her.

The problem now, no matter how many times she tried to come up with something, Yoona still hasn’t find the right word to say to her woman.

As much reasons Yoona has of wanting Sooyoung back, she knows, the brunette has as much excuses to stay away from her.

Yoona can’t screw up this time.

So, making up her mind, no matter how Sooyoung stubbornly argued, Yoona won’t back away, Yoona won’t let Sooyoung slipped from her arms. Not this one, not this time, not ever.

“Mrs.Yoona?” a doctor called after several knocks on the door “I already had a full report on Mrs.Sooyoung’s examination.” He said, following after him is a nurse.

“Ah,” Yoona quickly wiped her lingering tears “yes, dr.Yoo?” she stood up from her seat, but standing still as she refused to let Sooyoung’s hand go.

Last night, out of confusion and suprise, Yoona actually decided to put Sooyoung back on their room in Yoona’s parent house and hurriedly called a doctor. But Yoonji, her sister swiftly told her to bring Sooyoung to the hospital.

It is undoubtelly a better idea, Yoona thought last night. Whatever serious or not that the cause of Sooyoung fainted, Yoona wouldn’t take a bet for it.

After a quick check up, Dr Yoo let Sooyoung to sleep in the room. It was including a blood test, for a further examination like MRI scan to see if something was wrong with the woman, the doctor suggested to do them tomorrow and letting the tall woman to take a rest first.

So, after the news about Sooyoung is pretty much fine, last night, Yoona’s parent and Yoonji and her husband were told to go home and come back by tomorrow.

“I run some tests with the blood sample I took last night,” he explained “overall, Mrs.Sooyoung is fine.” He added, Yoona is listening intently “and we can tell if the babies are fine too.” He continued “however, with her pregnancy now, it is best if she take some rest for few days and--..”

“Wait, wait..” Yoona shook her head in disbelief after her tired head trying to catch word after words from the doctor “babies? Pregnancy?” her eyes narrowed “wha—what do you mean?”

The doctor looks at Yoona in confusion before he spoke “are you not aware of your wife’s pregnancy?”

Yoona’s eyes widened, gasping, her tears, once again falling restlessly “..yo—you mean—..she—she is pregnant?”

“With twin.” Dr.Yoo said, adding more of Yoona’s suprises “we are not sure yet about that,” he said “but the level of your wife’s AFT is unusually high,” he added “and I assumed your wife might have excessive morning sickness? And overtired? Extreme fatigue?”

Yoona can’t stop crying, holding Sooyoung’s hand tightly. They are expecting two babies? Their babies?

“However, I still suggest for your wife to schedule an ultrasound for further assessment.” Dr.Yoo said after no reply from the crying woman.

Yoona nodded quietly. They definitely will do.

“So,” Dr.Yoo spoke “I assure you that nothing is wrong with your wife.” He said “she is not in any serious sickness. So I personally don’t suggest you to take MRI or such.” He added “so let me know if you already decided about that.”

“Okay.” Yoona said.

With a small smile, the doctor walked out from the room along with the nurse.

After the doctor was out from her sight, Yoona moved closer t Sooyoung’s side, sitting by Sooyoung’s bedside carefully before she caressed the tall woman’s face gently, on the cheek with the scars “why didn’t you tell me?” she whispered to the sleeping woman.

Crying softly “why didn’t you tell me, hon?” she sobbed.

“I should have known.” Yoona whispered “I should have known that—that all those—those moodswings, that—that all excused of your ‘I am tired’ for early sleep with no much conversation were not because of your work.” Yoona cried “how—how couldn’t I no-notice this?”

“..and be—because of my—my stupidity, I hurt you when you deserve nothing but my love and care.” Yoona sobbed quietly “..and—and I even cheated when you are pregnant? Whe—when you needed me the most? What kind of wife--..”

 “Cheating?!”

“Pregnant?”

That when a very suprise and another surprise and angry voice heard at the same time behind the door.

Yoona turned swiftly, greeted by the sight of her two bestfriend. A suprise Tiffany and a very angry Jessica.

Really, there is just so much things she is able to take in one time.

Not this. Maybe not not.

-----

 

“Pregnant?”

“Cheating!?”

Just as that word slipped their lips by the same time, they turned to each other, exchanging glances before Jessica turned back to Yoona in anger.

They just got the massage early this morning that Sooyoung is admitted to the hospital. Getting this shocking news seem to be too much for them.

“What the hell are you thinking?!” Jessica glared, taking steps closer to Yoona.

Yoona sighed, silently swallowing.

“You--!!” Jessica’s breath is running hard “how could you--..”

But before Jessica could finish her sentence, Tiffany grabs her fiance’s arm, quickly dragging the blonde woman out from the room.

Yoona gave a weak smile to Tiffany who replied with a nod before the couple walked out from the room.

Yoona sighed, again, watching her wife closer as she noticed that Sooyoung is slowly waking up from her sleep.

Along when Sooyoung stirred from her sleep, the door opened again.

Yoona’s body instantly stiffened, but appeared behind the door are her mother and father.

Mrs.Im gave a smile to her tired daughter while Mr.Im said nothing but both of them are walking to the side of the other bed.

“..Hey,” Mrs.Im greeted the just woke up Sooyoung “how are you feeling, sweetheart?”

Sooyoung gave a small smile “better,” she answered weakly, trying to sit on the bed while both Yoona and Mrs.Im swiftly helped.

“We bought chicken soup.” Mrs.Im said “you need to take care of your health.” She added, giving a small smile “eat well, Sooyoung.”

Sooyoung nodded, just then, something clicked inside her head as she turned to Yoona “..ca—can you call the doctor, please?”

“Hmm?” Yoona’s brows creased, walking closer to Sooyoung’s side, holding the latter’s hand tightly while the other is caressing Sooyoung’s cheek “why? Are you feeling unwell? Do you--..”

“I just want to see the doctor.” Was all Sooyoung said.

“Do you--..”

“I want to see the doctor.” Sooyoung said stubbornly.

It was when Yoona realized “..they are fine..” she mumbled softly, glancing to both her parents before back to Sooyoung “our babies are fine..” she said again.

Mr and Mrs Im seem to be shocked by the news that they are exchanging silent glance before the both are watching the conversation between their daughter and their daughter in law. They do aware of their planning to have a baby, and has been well informed about the IVT treatment that Sooyoung would do.

“Ah..” Sooyoung nodded quietly, her eyes fell on her lap, unconciously smiling to herself, a smile Yoona missed so much, thoughtlessly rubbing her belly “babies?”

“The doctor said that there is a possibility that we are expecting a pair. But we still need to schedule an ultrasound for sure.” Yoona smiled lovingly.

Sooyoung nodded lightly, but then she just aware, Yoona said ‘our’.

Sooyoung glanced on Yoona who sat by the bed’s side, caressing her cheek still while holding her hand tightly still “..why didn’t you tell me?” she whispered softly “they are mine to.”

Sooyoung said nothing.

“I know what I did was unforgivable.” Yoona spoke weakly “but I deserve to know about them, and included into their lives.”

Sooyoung is quiet, her eyes meet Yoona’s.

“..we can share cos--..”

“No, no, don’t say that..” Yoona cut desperately “don’t..” her voice came so weak and tired “..I don’t want divorce, Soo..” she mumbled “I want you..”

Sooyoung, again, stayed silent. She doesn’t even know how to reply. But she quietly pulled her hand from Yoona’s grip, playing with her fingers. Too much pair of eyes, so how could she escaped this one?

Yoona’s heart tore when she noticed that Sooyoung wanted her space back, that again, Sooyoung wanted nothing from her, not even comfort.

Mrs.Im glanced on her daughter before she gazes back on Sooyoung, sitting on the other side of bed as she caressed Sooyoung’s arm “..I hope you can consider your decision about spliting up.” She said “we want you in our family, Sooyoung..” she spoke “you are our family.”

Sooyoung is nervously playing with her blanket, couldn’t even look into the warm hearted lady’s eyes for she knows, she can’t bring herself to refuse.

“We may didn’t know what exactly happen between you and Yoona.” Mrs.Im said “but I can tell that it was something we are not proud of.” She said “Yoona made us dissapointed,” she glanced at her quiet daughter who can’t tore her gaze from her wife “and we believe, Yoona is very aware of that either.” She added, heaved a silent sigh “..but Sooyoung,” she called softly, gently touching Sooyoung’s cheek to meet the latter’s teary eyes, her fingers carefully not touching the scratching scars on Sooyoung’s cheek “...we like you.. we love you.. and you are our family..”

“Maybe what I said will make you think that I took Yoona’s side.” Mrs.Im spoke “not that I can disagree, for she is our daughter..” she continued “but you are our family too, you are our daughter too, and we hope,” she said “we hope you still are..”

Mrs.Im than glanced on her husband, silently asking him to say something.

“..I am sorry..” Mr.Im said, but Sooyoung can’t turn her face to the man “..about.. what happened last night..” her added “I should have listened..”

“But—but, Yoona is my daughter, and just the thought of you hurting her is—is..” he sighed “painful for me..” he mumbled quietly “..I should have known that you hurt more then before I did something.. stupid..”

“..and about your condition now,” Mr.Im spoke “..you need someone to take care of you, and Yoona can help you..”

Sooyoung’s body is shaking, she is in the verge of tears when she looked down and whispered “I can take care of myself..” she said. Nobody can look down upon her. Nobody. And she doesn’t want anybody else to think that she is not capable of taking care of herself.

Mrs.Im may notice it that she rubbed Sooyoung’s arm gently “..what he means, is that, it would be better if someone can help you if something happen to you,” she said “or the babies..”

“..and we hope, you can let us to take part into our grandchildren’s lives..” Mr.Im added, when he was reminded about the babies again.

With that, Sooyoung unconsiously grabbed the white sheet tightly, her eyes are red from holding her tears, she gripped so tight that her knuckles turn white and she is shaking.

Yoona’s parent only want the babies, not her. She was asked to stay just for the babies. In the end, it will always be about the babies. The thought crushed Sooyoung’s heart, that it bleed unstoppably.

Yoona’s chest tightened with the sight of her broken wife. But again, she knows Sooyoung doesn’t want her, not now.

The elders has been wanting to have grandchild for years. Upon knowing that the possibility of Yoonji getting pregnant is likely low, Yoona’s parent hope Yoona can settle with a good man and gave them grandchildren, but then when Mr.Im found out that Yoona was in love with a woman, he was furious.

But Yoona is about to give them granchildren, and Mr.Im doesn’t want the chance lost.

Mrs.Im sends a glare to her husband before she hold Sooyoung’s hands. Mr.Im is never good with these kinds of conversation. Mrs.Im has always been the one who is mostly to talk with their daughter about many things. And it pained her to see how much pain the woman she has grow to love as her own daughter has to endure for something she doesn’t deserve.

“But, it doesn’t only mean we want the babies only, Sooyoung,” Mrs.Im said, knowing Sooyoung’s dissapointment and pain “if it was only about the babies, we wouldn’t mind about the shared custody with Yoona you were about to propose..” she said, trying to lift Sooyoung’s face once again, and upon she meet that sad tired face, she can see tears are welled up on Sooyoung’s eyes “..but we are bothered..” she spoke softly, her heart aches from Sooyoung’s thoughts “because you are our family, and we would love to keep it that way.”

Sooyoung said nothing, she keeps her gaze on her lap, doesn’t want to look to any of them, and doesn’t know on how to reply.

Mrs.Im glanced on her daughter who glanced back before she looked at her husband. Standing up from the bed, Mrs.Im pulled Sooyoung into a hug “have a talk with Yoona,” she whispered softly, rubbing Sooyoung’s back gently “..we will come by later..”

And to prevent her husband to upset Sooyoung more, Mrs.Im took her husband’s arm, giving a small smile and nod to her daughter before the couple were out from the room.

Yoona carefully sits by Sooyoung’s side bed when they are alone.

“..Sooyoung..”

Yoona touched Sooyoung’s hand gently, but Sooyoung slowly pulled from Yoona.

Yoona is crying quietly, knowing she is not supposed to be the one with tears. But it just hurts her to know that nothing she can do to make her wife, the woman she loves so much to feel even a little bit better.

“..can I..” Yoona whispered “can I do something.. to—to make you feel better?”

“..leave me alone..” Sooyoung whispered, looking down on her lap, couldn’t hold back more that she tears up. Crying a river. But she doesn’t want Yoona to see how weak is she. That she doesn’t want Yoona to think that she needs her.

Even if sure, Sooyoung knows, that not only her heart, but parts of her, every parts of it, wanting Yoona, needing her, so much that she could bear.

And again, Yoona’s broken heart is stabbed, and stomp over. The rejection from Sooyoung is too much, and Sooyoung’s word hit her endlessly as if her whole body is screaming to give up for the pain.

“..no,” but Yoona whispered “I can’t..” she said quietly.

Sooyoung doesn’t reply, staying still.

However Yoona spoke again “but if you want some time for your self..” she said softly “..I will just sit on the corner..” she said, mentioning the couch on the other side of the wall “..so, so.. if—if you need anything..” she whispered “..I will be here..”

Without reply, Sooyoung slidded back on the mattress, covering herself with the white sheet.

Knowing Sooyoung doesn’t want her near, or doesn’t want to talk, Yoona is walking to the couch, sitting there, crying silently while watching Sooyoung who is hiding under the sheet.

The room fills with sobs of unspoken agony of two broken hearts

-----

 

“What the hell?!!” Jessica tried to pull away from Tiffany’s grip “let me go!!”

But Tiffany quickly took her fiance out from the hospital, to the garden area with less people around.

“What are you doing!!?” anger is written all over Jessica’s face. She is furious.

“Sooyoung needs her rest.” Tiffany softly replied.

Jessica’s breath is gradually calmed down before she gave another glare to her fiance “you knew about Yoona’s cheating?”

“You knew about Sooyoung’s pregnancy too.” Tiffany replied.

“You lied to me.” Jessica’s arms crossed on her chest, keeping an arm lenght distance between them.

“Jess, you have to understand.” Tiffany spoke “you would do the same if you were--..”

“That wouldn’t change the fact that you lied!”

“You were keeping secret from me too!” Tiffany’s voice raised a bit. She is usually with a cool head, but utterly pissed by Jessica’s behaviour.

“But I didn’t lie!”

Tiffany scoffed “right, that was clearly because I had no idea of Sooyoung’s pregnancy, so should it  occured to me the possibility of Sooyoung is pregnant?” she asked sarcastically.

“You promised you won’t lie to me.” Jessica exclaimed “you told me--..”

“Don’t.” Tiffany sighed “don’t you blame this on me.” She mumbled tiredly “it wasn’t only my fault, Jess.”

“So it was mine?!” Jessica is upset too. Both from the fact that her best friend has been cheated to, and she has been lied to. She feel betrayed.

“Jess..”

“How the hell we are supposed to vow to love each other, to trust and to take care of each other when I know,” Jessica glared with anger “that you lied right to my face?”

Tiffany chuckled sarcastically “so now you bring our upcoming marriage into this?”

“Shouldn’t we?”

“What the--..”

“Maybe we should recheck our relationship again.” Jessica growled “clearly, we can’t yet trust each other that much to the point of marriage.” Jessica spoke out of anger that she doesn’t thinking much “maybe we should reconsider this whole relationship thing.”

Tiffany is staring at her blonder woman in surprise, speechless “what do you think you are saying Jessica Jung?” Tiffany only calls Jessica by the girl’s full name when she is upset and mad. Which is surely rare.

“I am saying,” but Jessica is too stubborn and dissapointed to stop for a breath and a piece of mind “that maybe, we are not ready for this whole marriage thing.”

Tiffany scoffed “huh, and you get that from the problem that wasn’t ours in the first place?”

“Sooyoung is our bestfriend, Tiff?!”

“Yeah, and the girl you loved.” And Tiffany took the bait thoughtlessly.

Jessica’s eyes narrowed “you know I am over her,” she said in between her gritted teeth, doesn’t pleased about Tiffany bringing up her past, and dissapointed that Tiffany doubted her love for her “it was a high school crush,” she added tiredly “we are over this.”

“Really?” Tiffany gave a chuckle “because that’s not how I see it.”

“Are you trying to put the blame on me now?”

“Are we trying to determinate who is at fault and who is not?! Or who was doing it worse?!”

“Aren’t you?” but Jessica can’t calm down, and an angry Jessica never meant a good thing.

Tiffany is again left wordless “..you know what,” she mumbled “whatever..” she finally said, too hurt for more patient to persuade her fiance to talk it out when they both are cool headed, and too tired to argue with the woman she loves “do what you want.”

“..maybe we should postpone our wedding,” Jessica thoughtlessly said “maybe we need more than what we had now, or we--..”

“Fine.”

Tiffany’s word actually caught Jessica by off guard that her eyes swiftly gazed on Tiffany’s who is staring back emotionlessly.

Three freaking weeks to go are gone just by that.

Tiffany is too tired about the whole things that she doesn’t want to care at the moment. She was too upset that Jessica can easily ended their soon-to-be-marriage because of this. She has been waiting for the blonde to be her forever, but Jessica doesn’t seem to want it as much as she does, or so she thought.

Jessica is quiet, finally. She doesn’t know what to say, too prideful to take her words back, but loving the woman too much to really ended their relationship.

“Or we should just cancel it.” Tiffany spoke.

Jessica a deep breath, she doesn’t want it like that “I didn’t--..”

“And while we are at it,” Tiffany cut “..we may as well go for a break..”

Jessica’s eyes widened, swallowing. No, this is not how she wanted it to end. She loves Tiffany very much, and only God knows how much she had prepared for the woman for their marriage. She doesn’t want to lose Tiffany.

“Tiff--..”

“I will come by some other time to pack my belongings.” Tiffany cut, mentioning their shared house, the one they are supposed to stay after their wedding but decided to just move in months before anyway “..and we should have a talk about the house.” She added.

“Tiff--..”

“See you around,” but Tiffany doesn’t want to listen more of Jessica’s accusation. She knows that she is at fault too, but she doesn’t expect Jessica to throw it all on her “bye Jess..” was all she said before she turned around and leaving the hospital.

Jessica is frozen on her spot, doesn’t believe it herself of what just happened. She heart something cracked, and knowing that it was her whole being because she just lost a part of herself.

A tear escaped Jessica’s eyes before slowly but sure, drop after drops are followed.

And steps after steps further, and equally tore woman with tears are walking away from her.

 

 

Their relationship are tested.

And somehow, along in the way, without realization much, that despite the years of smiles, happiness, fights, jokes, sweet words, teases, and all that good times, they are forced to face the imperfection of their other half. And because of seconds of anger, they destroyed a promising happiness of a lifetime.

People made mistakes.

Hearts got broken.

Tears are always the result.

In the end, it was never about how long, with who, or why people are keeping with each other.

Sometimes, aside from love, it is all about the effort of keeping the relationship work, the modesty to admit mistakes, the patience to accept weakness, the willingness to learn, and the maturity to understand that no body is perfect and not to push one to be.

Of course things that involved two can only work if both agree to one.

And if fault can never be redone, there is only one thing to fix a broken soul. That’s it only the fact, that they are actually willing to be fixed.

 


 

a/n: Hey, so, sorry for the really long wait for the update.

so, I have read your comments, and honestly, I like reading them, you somehow make me feel like you don't only read my stories, but you feel them too..

and I think the other authors then will be likely to agree that your comments, subscribers, or votes support us to write better and give us the urge to update as soon as we can.

So, readers, thank you very much for the support, and enjoy the story!! :)

happy reading :D