Last day away

Meant to Be

“Really!? You are ditching our meeting, professionally business meeting, over some personal urgency!?” Jessica asked incrodulously.

“Jess--..”

“Tae, are you out of your mind?!” Jessica is pacing back and forth in her hotel room, both hands on her waist. Actually, when Taeyeon said that she will cleared her schedule to company Sooyoung, Jessica doesn’t expect the woman to really do it, and ditching her, the meeting, to be exact.

“It is--..”

“To go out on a date with Sooyoung!!” Jessica cut before she added sarcastically “yeah, that’s so professional of you!”

Taeyeon is glancing over the taller brunette who is sitting on her bed, but having a small smile on her face “..um, I wouldn’t call it a date, but--..”

“Not exactly my point.” Jessica cut.

Sooyoung spare a glance to the petite woman who is obviously asking for a help.

It was not Sooyoung’s fault. Basically, Taeyeon came earlier today without notice to their room, the same resort Taeyeon owned.

And instead of fetching the blonde for their meeting over their business purpose, Jessica found out that Taeyeon wants to take Sooyoung, quoting the woman, to take Sooyoung around and sightseeing.

“I had my personal assistant on the line, Jess.” Taeyeon reasoned “she knows how to handle press better than I do.”

“Press?!” Jessica asked in disbelieve “I was here because your resort was about to featured in our megazine, just like how we dealt!”

“Jess,” Taeyeon called softly “It has been a year or so since I met Sooyoung,” she said “it wasn’t like she will be here occasionally, and all I want is just catching up about our lifes.”

“You are out of your mind!” Jessica stated “I came here personally to write about your resort, and you—you--...”

“Look, Seohyun is a really good assistant,” Taeyeon excused “I bet she will provide you with anything you need, anything you want to know.”

“But--..”

“Besides, I already left a note to her about what she had to do and what you need to know.” Taeyeon cut “and I already arranged a personal tour around the resort for you.” She spoke “and again,” Taeyeon comes in whisper “this is not a date, Jess.” She said “I will just drive her around, and I will pick you up after your meeting is done.” She shrugged with an awkward grin “we will go together?” she pleaded softly “and this is your last day anyway..”

Jessica rolled her eyes in annoyance. Right, they will fly back to Seoul tomorrow.

Jessica then harshly took her bag from the bed, the other beside where Sooyoung seated on, pointed to the petite brunette as she said coldly “you, Kim Taeyeon, is in a trouble.” And she pointed Sooyoung after with the same cold eyes “and you, Choi Sooyoung, is in a really, really big trouble.”

And Jessica left the room right after without waiting for any reply.

Sooyoung chuckled softly, earning a rolling eyes from her petite friend “that’s so nice of you helping me out, Soo.” She said sarcastically.

“Nobody pissed Jessica Jung off.” Sooyoung spoke “besides, you see that coming.”

Taeyeon sighed. Of course she is very aware of Jessica’s reaction upon her decision. She has been friend with Jessica as long as she knew Sooyoung.

Taeyeon is walking closer to the bed where Sooyoung sits, sitting just beside the brunette, having a palm on Sooyoung’s cheek after a kiss on the other cheek, frowning “have you seen the doctor? You are still warm.”

“I am fine, Tae.” Sooyoung smiled reassuringly.

And of course Taeyeon knows Sooyoung enough tho see through the lie.

Exhaling a sigh, Taeyeon stood up “okay, if you insist,” Taeyeon smiled “let’s have lunch now, shall we?”

“Lunch?” Sooyoung chuckled “Jessica and I just had breakfast less than an hour ago.”

“You did?” Taeyeon’s left brow raised “I got a report that one of my guest, the tall one, didn’t touch her breakfast.”

“You spied on me?” Sooyoung’s temple creased.

“Nah, we are known for our hospitality.”

Sooyoung chuckled softly “that you spied on every guests?”

“We care for them.” Taeyeon reasoned.

“Really?” Sooyoung chuckled sceptically.

Taeyeon heaved another sighed “Sooyoung, just come with me.”

Sooyoung stood up, grabbing her bag “sure,” Sooyoung smiled “and just for the record, I did have breakfast.” She said, walking out with Taeyeon hold the door for her.

Taeyeon is staring in disbelief.

“I had cereal.”

“Cereal? As in with milk?” Taeyeon’s brows furrowed “Choi Sooyoung and milk never add up.” She spoke “what happened to caffein?”

Sooyoung chuckled “right, I’ve been off from caffein since,” Sooyoung’s smile washed-out when something hit her.

“Since?” Taeyeon probed, left brow raised.

“..umm.. well, it has been few weeks,” Sooyoung spoke “the doctor from my last visit suggested me to do so.” She shrugged.

“Doctor?” Taeyeon asked “I have no idea how phsycally worn out you were,” she said “but you defenitely don’t get any better.” She added “don’t you think that you need to revisit your doctor?”

Sooyoung smiled not reaching her eyes, but saying nothing.

Taeyeon knows the brunette enough to know that something is obviously off. But again, pushing the latter will do her no good, instead, Taeyeon mirrored Sooyoung’s smile “okay then, now let’s fill you up. I know good places..”

Sooyoung chuckled, nodded quietly “sure.”

-----

 

“So how’s life?” Taeyeon’s arms folded on the table, staring at the taller woman intently, starting a conversation while their food is cooked.

The question brings memories that Sooyoung doesn’t want to remember “fine,” the latter formed a small smile “you?”

Taeyeon’s left brow raised “usual,” she said “what do you mean by fine?”

“Everything is going quite well,” Sooyoung replied “but I am getting busy these past few weeks.” She said “I was assigned to write another column.” She explained “what’s with your usual?”

“..hmm.. missing you too much.”

“Tae..”

Taeyeon chuckled “you are still cute to teased.” The petite woman spoke “I almost have no personal life,” she said “work.”

Sooyoung frowned “who will take care of you when you are sick then?”

“..and sweet, I see..”

Sooyoung shook her head “you should take care of yourself, Tae,” Sooyoung said before she asked “how’s the resort?”

“Oh, it is getting well known.” Taeyeon smiled “now days, tourist from overseas are coming, and I tried to put more publicity.” She explained “and I requested one from your company.”

“Ah..” Sooyoung nodded “good luck with that.”

Taeyeon nodded, giving a small smile. Taeyeon looked hesitant at first before she asked “how’s Yoona?”

Yoona. Sooyoung’s heart aches but she curved a tight lip smile “good.”

Taeyeon’s temple furrowed “you are really a bad liar.”

“I supposed it should be a good trait.”

Taeyeon shrugged, giving a small smile, she just couldn’t wipe one from her face everytime she sees this woman “it is,” Taeyeon agreed “but you know, in normal circumtances,”

“Are we assuming this is not normal?”

Taeyeon chuckled, nodded knowingly “in any normal circumtances, you will be bragging about your wife excessively.” Taeyeon added “her cooks, the honeymoon, the recent events, the love, and even the .”

Sooyoung flushed “I—I wo-won’t!!”

Taeyeon giggled, her smile softened before it gradually dissapear “something is going on?”

Sooyoung’s mind is wondering. A lot of things happened.

But instead, she answered “just some issues.”

Taeyeon doesn’t buy it of course, but she knows Sooyoung hated to be pushed, and she will get none even if she tried.

“I see,” Taeyeon smiled “good luck then.”

Sooyoung smiled gently “thank you.”

“Okay, let’s eat.” Taeyeon said, starting to put the boiled soup in her bowl.

But even after she finished half of hers, Sooyoung has not take something to eat. That’s unlikely Sooyoung.

“You haven’t touch your food.”

Sooyoung smiled weakly “..my stomach grumbled.”

“So, eat some--..”

“Not because I am hungry.” Sooyoung cut, folding her arms on the table with the delicious seafood stew in front of her “well, I am hungry, but.. I just..” Sooyoung shrugged.

“At least, eat something. Even if it is just a little.” Taeyeon reached out her hand to the on top of Sooyoung’s worriedly before she took Sooyoung’s bowl, and fill with the heated stew.

Sooyoung nodded, giving a small smiled before she took her bowl from Taeyeon, starting to dig her meal.

But it was just the third spoon that Sooyoung feels her stomach twisting.

Hurriedly, Sooyoung stood up, covering with her palm before she is running to the restroom, going into one from the two cubicle, and everything she eats are out without a chance to be disgested.

Taeyeon is running after the brunette anxiously, reaching Sooyoung’s hair and keep them in her hand while rubbing the latter’s back.

That’s it when Taeyeon grumbled “okay, Sooyoung, that’s it, I am taking you to the doctor.”