Friend knows

Meant to Be

Tiffany sighed quietly, eyes wondering around her office before they are back to the phone screen. No calls, no texts. So, she is in a real trouble then.

With her eyes closed, fingers tightly clamps, Tiffany leaned her stiff body on her seat.

Of course she tried to understand her fiance’s reasoning on their fight last night, right when they stepped into their house from Yoona’s home.

Okay, maybe Jessica is just tired from her trip, taking care of her sick bestfriend, and even taking calls from both her and Yoona and now, even being extremely pissed by Sooyoung’s weird behaviour which by now is all openly understable by Tiffany. But not to Jessica.

And on top of that, the stress of their upcoming marriage.

No, Jessica shouldn’t be told about this. At least not now.

Not when the blonde seems like she will burn anyone alive at any second because neither Yoona nor Sooyoung is willing to talk about whatever things they are into.

Not when Tiffany knows, Jessica is more than willing to cut Yoona pieces to pieces, if she learns about the reason of Sooyoung’s odd behaviour is because she had been cheated on.

Again, Tiffany sighed.

Worried, evidently.

Is it possible that feeling come back?

Tiffany’s mind wondered. Tiffany took her phone, scrolling down to her photo collection until she stopped on one of the photo she took years ago, when they were just teenegers. One of her high school memories.

It was a photo of Sooyoung backhugging her girlfriend, Taeyeon, and Jessica is smiling stiffly, and herself by Jessica’s side.

It wasn’t all easy back then. Their relationship were a little bit more complicated then with a little crushes here and there.

Of course Tiffany is the only person whom ever be aware of Jessica’s high school crush. Her fiance’s first love. Which is expectedly none other than their very own bestfriend, Choi Sooyoung.

Sooyoung was, and still is attractive as ever. With her long black wavy hairs, long eyebrows, big brown eyes, high cheeks bones, the dimple and the kissable lips. They are obviously without mentioning the long endless legs, white smooth skin, body that fit by any clothing line.

Sure, Tiffany is aware that their bond since high school is unbreakable, Sooyoung, Jessica, and her. And Jessica has always been protective over her close friends, it was including her.

Tiffany was once scolded by the blonde for going on a blind date. Jessica was going days for that, but Tiffany was weirdly comforted upon that gesture. She smiled over the memories. Good one.

Until one day Jessica shyly admitted that she has fallen for the bestfriend of theirs, and Tiffany sadly bottling up her feeling for the blonde, telling the girl that she would help and later decided to keep her confession plan for herself.

It didn’t take long. Sooyoung met Taeyeon later, and they fell for each other. Taeyeon was undoubtelly kind, sweet, cute, understanding, and most of all, Taeyeon was madly in love with the long legged brunette. They had fun, they were happy, and Jessica got her first heartbreak.

And Tiffany couldn’t deal with that, seeing the woman she loves falling apart. It was a high school crush, Jessica was young and realized that she had a lot waiting for her in the future. And with Tiffany’s present, things were working out better.

So Tiffany started courting Jessica not long after Sooyoung got together with Taeyeon. Tiffany was clumsy, she still is. She had planned to court her bestfriend quietly at first, but spilling her heart out by one night. Jessica giggled that time, blushing as Tiffany recalled, they both were.

They were not together yet. But Jessica agreed to go out on dates, they kissed. And for the long journey of days, months, to years, the blonde melted, and even being her very own fiance. They are even going to get married.

Tiffany still vaguely remembered about Jessica holding Sooyoung in her arms when the girl has been crying a river upon her girlfriend, Taeyeon’s leaving. The breakup.

But of course, Jessica is still being Jessica, the ice princess by appareance, but the sweet girl inside who Tiffany is sure as hell, love her more than anything. They simply spent time for days and weeks, until one day, Sooyoung met Yoona.

The girl has been falling again, this time, harder than before. And Sooyoung got it a lot worse than ever. She was madly in love with the girl, with Yoona’s personality, with her voice, smile, touch, understanding, and a lot of Tiffany couldn’t recall listening from the taller girl’s lips.

Jessica smiled that time. Hoping Sooyoung for the best.

Of course Tiffany knows that Jessica had every chance to make her move on Sooyoung. They were not yet together that time. That relationship she had with Jessica was still new, and haven’t involved commitment yet.

But no. Even through that times, Jessica was simply hers. Unofficially, but yeah, hers.

Tiffany was aware that Jessica was still her Jessica. Jessica was being with Sooyoung when the latter needed her, but most of the time, Jessica was being with her.

So, why should she be worried now?

What will all these unreasonable worries?

Shouldn’t she put more trust on their relationship?

Tiffany smiled to herself. Silly that she even worried about such things.

Jessica was just upset that Sooyoung is having one of that ‘alone undisturbed moment’, and eventually get mad by not able to help her bestfriend. They both are.

Oh, how could she hides this one from Jessica. Keeping a secret from her blonde fiance has never ended well, but Yoona proposed to keep this between them, at least for now she said.

But Tiffany could only pray for the best for the woman. Both Yoona and Sooyoung are important for her as a family. And last thing she wants to ever see both girls are falling apart. That’s and losing her blonde fiance.

And none of it would happened.

Tiffany shook her head, keeping a small smile.

Now, now, what should she prepared to make up with her lovely woman?

-----

 

Jessica is staring into her bestfriend, well, more like glaring.

But that doesn’t disturb the girl. Uncomfortable, obviously, but that doesn’t stop Sooyoung from being her silent self, which is not so her.

Jessica is done nagging. Because no matter how long, and how much she did, Sooyoung still wouldn’t tell her their problem. And Jessica knows better when to stop.

So, after almost twenty minutes of glaring, Sooyoung stood up from her seat, walking out from her office while mumbling “toilet.”

Obviously Jessica doesn’t buy it. Sooyoung did that mostly because she is tired of Jessica’s restless glare.

Jessica sighed. She is mad, sad, disapointed. She thought Sooyoung trusts her. But why does she kept this one from her?

Can’t she help?

Jessica is very much frustrate, iritated by Sooyoung’s unusual behaviour when the phone on the table is vibrating.

Jessica’s brows furrowed, glancing curiously at the phone.

Dr.Jane.

Jessica spared another glance on the door, before back to the phone. Sooyoung doesn’t seem like she will be back soon.

So, reaching out the phone, Jessica slide the green button before she answered “hello?”

“Good afternoon, Mrs.Choi.” came the reply “I just want to remind you about your appointment with Dr.Jane tomorrow by 10AM.”

Jessica’s mind is wondering. Dr.Jane? why does it sound so familiar?

“Hmm, Mrs.Choi is currently busy, but this is Jessica, her sister.” Jessica answered casually “I will deliver your message later.”

“Ah, sorry, miss Jessica. And thank you.”

“But,” Jessica paused “I am wondering, what does Dr.Jane specialised at?”

“Hmm,” the girl from the other line, seem like the doctor’s assistant answered “oh, Dr.Jane is an obstetrician.”

Jessica’s eyes widened for a second before she regained her composure as quickly.

Obstetrician? So now, it does explained the tiredness, the sickness, fever, throwing up..

Right, Sooyoung and Yoona had mentioned about meeting a specialist weeks before. A doctor. They wanted to have a child.

Of course, now, it all makes senses. Now, at least, half of the puzzle is solved.

“Umm, miss Jessica?”

“Oh, right, sorry,” Jessica apologized “I will make sure to remind her.”

“Thank you, and good afternoon, mam.”

“Yes, thank you too.”

Jessica heaved a sigh before she puts Sooyoung’s phone back to its place, seated back to her seat, waiting. Shouldn’t this be a good news? Why does Sooyoung had a fight with Yoona?

Jessica’s mind is full with questions, but none of them yet answered by Sooyoung. But at least, Jessica could worry less for Sooyoung’s physical being. Sooyoung only needs to regularly check up or consumes some vitamins.

Nothing much to worry about that, isn’t it?

Sooyoung’s figure appeared behind the door not long after, walking right to her seat. Evidently ignoring Jessica’s presence.

But of course, Jessica now knows how to make the woman talk. With her honest blunt personality, Jessica eyed the tall woman intently.

So, wasting no time to get her answer, Jessica recieved the reaction she expected when it took Sooyoung by surprised when she asked calmly “..Sooyoung, are you pregnant?”

Sooyoung’s eyes widened before she could reached her seat “ho-how did you know?” her eyes squinted “did Taeyeon tell you?”

This time, Jessica’s brows furrowed “Taeyeon knew?” she asked back “how the hell she did but I didn’t?”

Sooyoung doesn’t reply, still looking over at the blonde, demanding answer for her question.

Jessica sighed “your phone ring earlier,” she explained “so, I pick it up, in case it was emergency,” she shrugged, this wasn’t the first time Jessica did that though, and Sooyoung never mind that “it was from Dr.Jane, her assistant maybe,” she added “she called to remind you about your appointment by tomorrow morning at 10.”

Sooyoung nodded quietly, walking slowly to her seat.

“So, how did Taeyeon know?” Jessica asked when Sooyoung is seated on her seat.

“She took me to a doctor when we were at Jeju.”

Jessica nodded “when did you find out about your pregnancy?”

“I came to realize just right before Taeyeon forced me to met a doctor.” Sooyoung mumbled “the possibility of the pregnancy.”

“So, I assumed Yoona has not been informed about this?”

Sooyoung looked up, meeting Jessica’s curious glance “no.”

“When are you planning to--..”

“And I am not planning to tell her.”

Jessica’s temple creased deeper “and why is that?” she asked “isn’t this such a good news?” she probed “isn’t this what Yoona and you has been planning this past few months?” Jessica asked, at least for whatever crap you guys are into, isn’t this such an opportunity to make up? She thought but keeping her opinion for herself. At least until she could get more from this woman.

“No, Jess, and I expect you not to tell her either.” Sooyoung paused, before she continued “in fact, I wish you will keep this from anyone for a while.”

Jessica groaned. Keeping a secret from her fiance?

“Why?” Jessica stubbornly asked “you are asking me to keep things from Tiff,” she said “and you know that it will get me into a big trouble if she finds out. So, Sooyoung, at least--..”

“Because if Yoona finds out about my pregnancy, she would be unlikely to grant my request of divorce.”

Jessica was shock. Speechless.

“What?” the blonde is staring in disbelief “why would you asked for divorce, Soo? And do you expect me to keep this one from Tiff too, because I am sure that--..”

“Yoona might already told her, yeah.” Sooyoung nodded “I don’t mind about that.” She said “I just want to keep my pregnancy for a while.”

“She will eventually found out.” Jessica spoke “it is just matter of time until your tummy grow bigger.”

“I don’t care.” Sooyoung spoke “I just don’t want her to know about this at least until the divorce is proccesed.”

“And you do realized that Yoona has every right to know that your are pregnant with her child too, aren’t you?” Jessica’s brow raised “the child is Yoona’s too.”

Sooyoung took a deep breath, exhaling, but not answering.

“Why Soo?”

Sooyoung took another deep breath before she meet Jessica’s eyes “..maybe because we need this,” Sooyoung spoke softly “maybe because we need more than each other.”

“Come again?” Jessica’s eyes narrowed.

“You know, at some point, you find out that being with someone for the rest of your life is becoming to good to be true.”

“Are you saying that you are falling out--?”

“No,” Sooyoung answered, it is still hers, and just hers, Sooyoung closed her eyes for a second before she added “I am saying that, we both need this to rethink about what we have ever wanted.”

“You are so talking nonsense.” Jessica spoke, upset and annoyed “Yoona loves you, and you know that. You both are so far the most annoying couple who don’t care about getting people around you to die with jealousy.” She said “and even without knowing about your pregnancy, I am sure that Yoona won’t divorce you.”

Sooyoung sighed, leaning her tired body to her seat “can we just... stop here?” Sooyoung whispered. Her heart pained.

Jessica is staring at her bestfriend with sadness and dissapointedment. She still has no idea about what happened. And why these two closest friends of hers are going through this things.

“Have you reconsidered your decision?” Jessica asked gently “have you think about telling her parents? Her father? Because for sure, he won’t let this go easily.” Jessica coaxed “her father will get really mad.”

“I know.” Sooyoung nodded, but staring at Jessica back lifelessly “but again, isn’t this what her father always wanted?”

“Sooyoung--..”

“He hates me, that’s I know.” Sooyoung cut “but maybe this divorce will make him hate me less.”

“That’s not true.”

Sooyoung gave a weak chuckle “I just don’t understand.” She whispered to herself “after all this time, how could I never realized that being me is just never enough?”

“Sooyoung--..”

“I thought that being myself, fighting for what I love, and trusting with your entire world is how you do it when you are in love.” Sooyoung mumbled, her closed eyes opened when she added sadly “but then, I come to be aware that I have weakness,” she spoke softly “and maybe, nobody is willing to accept my whole.”

“Yoona did, didn’t she?” Jessica is looking in confusion “she loves you for who you are, and one day, her father will eventually accept you too.” She replied, confusedly concluded that the reason behind Sooyoung’s demand of divorce was because Yoona’s father. Maybe Sooyoung eventually gets tired with begging for his blessing.

But Sooyoung only gave her a small weak smile before she looked up, staring at the ceiling. Right, so is she that easily replacable? Or is it because she is boring? Or what?

Silence took over the entire room before Jessica stood and walking to Sooyoung’s seat.

“Hey,” Jessica called softly “..if you need someone to talk,” she said, giving a big hug to the tall woman “I am here, okay?”

Sooyoung nodded, giving a weak smile as she wrapped her arms around Jessica’a waist “thank you.. thank you..”