Disaster

Meant to Be

It was after a fine four days and three nights in the hospital, Sooyoung is finally allowed to go home.

“And I will still see you for a check up two weeks from now.” Dr.Yoo said.

Sooyoung is totally fine, but only to make sure that nothing is wrong with her pregnancy, Dr.Yoo asked her for another check up just to make sure. And that along with a routine weekly check up with Dr.Jane, Sooyoung’s obstetrician.

“Take care and see you two weeks later, Mrs.Choi.” the doctor said, smiling before he left to let the patient to pack their belongings.

“So, you are going to go to the apartment first before going home?” a petite young woman said.

Sooyoung smiled, glancing on the child-like woman “yes, Tae.”

“Okay..” Taeyeon nodded, smiling.

Yoona helped her wife to pack, can not help but secretly glancing over between the two women.

Okay, sure she doesn’t need to be all jealous. The both were barely doing anything inappropriate. And it doesn’t be like Sooyoung will hurt her by starting an affair or so. But again, it was exactly what she thought about herself before she betrayed Sooyoung’s trust.

“So, Yoona brings her car, doesn’t she?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes.” Yoona replied shortly. As much as she wanted to hate the woman for that obvious attraction towards her woman, Taeyeon is still a friend. And not that she couldn’t deny it. Taeyeon was Sooyoung’s ex. And the lady has doing nothing but being a really best friend for the last three days. With all the food and fruits she brought every time she came, the every day visits and almost all the time to stay in the hospital with Sooyoung, and so on. Okay, maybe just a little too nice for Yoona’s liking.

“Do you want to ride with us?” Sooyoung offered.

Taeyeon glanced on her personal assistant, back to Sooyoung and Yoona. She doesn’t really need Yoona’s permission, but Yoona voluntary gave it “..sure, come with us if you want to.”

A smile presented on her face when she told the tall standing brunette by her side “Seo,  I will meet you at the apartment.”

Seohyun gazed on the petite woman who gazes back with innocence. Seohyun silently sighed, scolding after scolding, Taeyeon doesn’t seem to live by her words which the petite lady keeps saying in the past three days after a good sermon from the so called assistant. So with dissapointment she spoke “I will see you at the apartment.” And leaving after bidding her goodbye to the couple.

Unfortunately, Yoona’s family can not present, but not forget to promise to drop by later to the couple’s home to check on them.

After a 15 minutes drive, they arrived at Sooyoung’s old apartment, mostly because Sooyoung wanted to take her belongings and as she promised to her parents in law, she will be back to stay with her wife at their home.

Seohyun was sitting on the couch in the living room when they enter the apartment.

The tall brunette only offered a smile and letting the owner of the apartment to wonder around, picking her things.

Yoona helped her wife to pack while instead of joined her personal assistant on the couch, Taeyeon is standing on the doorstep to the bedroom, watching a certain tall brunette.

A small smile appeared on Taeyeon’s lips while she is watching Sooyoung is wondering in the bedroom where she has been sleeping for the past two nights.

Actually, after the news she got from Jessica about Sooyoung was admitted to the hospital, the lady took the earliest flight she could get to Seoul, it was lucky that she keeps a tab on Sooyoung’s condition, and called Jessica when Sooyoung didn’t answer her call or reply her text. Taeyeon just wanted Sooyoung to meet a doctor, and making sure the latter did. So there she was, showing right in Sooyoung’s room at the hospital right from the airport.

Taeyeon was originally planning to stay at a hotel, but when she visited Sooyoung, the long legged brunette asked her to stay at her old unoccupied apartment when Taeyeon told her that she has no plan yet for how long she is going to stay in Seoul. Taeyeon gladly took the chance.

Seohyun glanced on her boss, silently sighing, but she couldn’t tore her eyes from them. The very sad truth. And no matter she told the petite woman about it, Taeyeon would kept shrugging it off like it doesn’t matter.

“I am done..” Sooyoung smiled, getting her clothes tidily packed in the travel bag she brought since her trip to Jeju and two plastic bags for the other small stuffs. Yoona helped her with the travel bag.

“Right,” Taeyeon smiled “so..” she mumbled “do you want to meet for breakfast tomorrow?”

“Sure.” Sooyoung mindlessly reply.

Yoona frowned. So, it was decided that she is not going to have breakfast with Sooyoung tommorow. Right, maybe things are getting a little bit better at the hospital. Which Sooyoung talked to her less cold and more words. But Yoona can only understand that the dissapointment will not go away just like that with a simple sorry. So Yoona is determinate to earn her wife’s trust once again.

“I will call you.” Taeyeon said.

Sooyoung nodded, giving her bestfriend a tight hug and bid her goodbye to the two before she left with Yoona.

As soon as Sooyoung dissapeared from her sight, Taeyeon throws herself on the couch.

“What are you trying to do?” Seohyun spoke. Of course they are close and knowing each other long enough to scold like a sister. They were college friends.

Taeyeon used a paused before she replied “I am only going to have breakfast with a friend.” She replied “how is it wrong?”

The fact that Taeyeon’s guilty unconcious asked if it is wrong, is only a sign that Taeyeon knew, it was.

“How is it not wrong when you are hitting on a marriage woman?” Seohyun’s word is sharp and right to the point.

Taeyeon heaved a breath “she is an old friend, a really close friend.” She replied “besides, we are only meeting for breakfast. Not like I am planning to asked her to marry me or something.”

“You wouldn’t?” Seohyun’s brow raised.

“Seo--..”

“You came right away after you heard about the news of her hospitalization.” Seohyun cut “you spend an awfully lot time with her at the hospital.” She added “and heck, you told her about a bussiness opportunity you are going to see, when I was just aware of that things, right when we were at the hospital room.”

“It was--..”

“And of course, until now, I haven’t see you going to any bussiness meeting or talking about it.”  Seohyun spoke “unnie,” she called, given the circumtances “you are here..” she paused when Taeyeon’s eyes meet hers “for her..”

Taeyeon is quiet, knowing that what her friends slash assistant said was indeed true.

“Obviously, spending a lot of time at the hospital, I can tell if her relationship with her wife is curently a little bit off.” Seohyun continued “but that doesn’t mean that they don’t love each other.”

“Hmm.” Taeyeon only nodded, standing up “I am going to take a shower.” There she is again, running away from the talk where she could use for a wise advice.

Seohyun heaved another sighed, knowing no word can stop the petite lady to do whatever she pleased. And as Taeyeon walked away from the couch to the bedroom, Seohyun is watching the lady’s back in sadness.

Well, maybe every body get to learn their lesson once in a while. And as for hers and the child like lady, it is in fact, that love does not only mean to possess.

-----

 

It is an usual day. It wasn’t a bad day, but Yoona wouldn’t call it a good one either.

So, Yoona managed to get a two days off from her office with her wife’s hospitalization, anda lot of things happened.

Okay, maybe for starter, last night, after they got home from the apartment, for the first time which feels like forever, when in fact it was only weeks ago, that they has dinner together.

Yoona bought food, and insisted for the pregnant lady to have her meal. For the babies, Yoona persuaded which Sooyoung doesn’t refuse.

Yoona also bought a lot of fruits, as in a refrigerator full and few packages of cereals, milks, and many more. After she saw Sooyoung ate late at night at her parents house, Yoona made sure that her wife will be able to find anything to eat in their house if by any chance, she got hungry at unusual time.

Right, aside from that, they did sleep in the same room, on the same bed, and Yoona knows that Sooyoung did that because she doesn’t want to hurt her. It was so thoughtful of her wife. Even if Sooyoung not even once turned or even moved from her side of bed, with her back on Yoona’s.

But right, it was fine.

However, they missed breakfast, obviously. Sooyoung didn’t say anything this morning aside from ‘I am leaving’. And Yoona knew that Sooyoung had breakfast with her ex.

Okay, Yoona has a morning meeting today with the media for her fashion line project, so maybe it is better if her wife has breakfast with someone who won’t go in hurry. But still, Yoona frowned, she still have an hour before meeting, and she will definitely still make it if only Sooyoung wanted to have breakfast with her. Yet, Sooyoung didn’t.

Yoona’s thought are wondering with the image of her wife is having breakfast with someone that’s not her. She couldn’t even asked because she was scared if Sooyoung will choose Taeyeon for breakfast instead of hers, and scared if Sooyoung turned down her wish to join the breakfast. It is dissapointing for her. She hoped she can spend more time with Sooyoung.

So, instead of filling her head with the thought of the upsetting breakfast, Yoona prepared herself for the meeting.

A silent sigh filled the office before Yoona’s eyes locked her her pper work.

-----

 

“So, where is Seo?” Sooyoung asked, taking a bit on her sandwich.

“She left for Jeju early this morning.” Taeyeon replied, not bother to explain the little fight she had with her assistant earlier.

“Oh,” Sooyoung nodded “you didn’t drive her to the airport?”

“She took a cab.” Taeyeon shrugged, knowing Seohyun doesn’t want to talk to her after their little fight. The tall lady chose to fly back to Jeju instead of doing nothing in Seoul. There are a lot of things she can do at Jeju though. The resort need more attention than the stubborn owner.

Seohyun didn’t even come to meet her. And because she stayed at the hotel near the apartment Taeyeon is staying in, Seohyun doesn’t bother to bid her goodbye. It was only after a text of goodbye few minutes before the flight. Taeyeon did try to call, mostly because she feels guilty, but the phone was already off by then.

“Oh,” Sooyoung nodded again “how’s your bussiness meeting?”

Taeyeon took a short pause. She doesn’t like to lie to Sooyoung. But she doesn’t have that much choice “..well,” she spoke, trying to say something that could make sense for the young woman “none of it reaching somehthing yet.”

Sooyoung frowned, earning a small smile from the petite lady. Taeyeon does love everything about this woman.

“How come? You are a really great business woman, and--..”

“Don’t worry about that.” Taeyeon chuckled “I just haven’t decided if I want to have another hotel or resort aside from Jeju.”

“It will be great if you have one here though.” Sooyoung mumbled, smiling “I can see you often.”

Taeyeon mirrored the smile. It was such a simple words but touches her heart deep “yeah, it will be nice too.” She whispered, stirring her coffee thoughtlessly.

Sooyoung wore a small smile when she spoke softly “thank you, Tae..” she said “I admit that these past few weeks have been hard for me.” She said, and Taeyeon looked up to her “..but you are always there when I need you. And I am really grateful.”

A lot of things are running inside Taeyeon’s head.

Yeah, that’s because I still love you. But she decided that it wasn’t such a good response. Sooyoung doesn’t need another bother to her stressfull life.

“I am happy to be here too.” Taeyeon replied, reaching her hand out to touch Sooyoung’s “you can always talk to me, Soo.” She said. Sooyoung doesn’t tell her much about her problem with Yoona. All she knows is there are lack of communication, work overload, no time for each other, and a growing distance.

Sooyoung pulled her hand from Taeyeon’s grip only to put it back on Taeyeon’s, gripping gently “thank you.” She said again.

Taeyeon smiled, nodded “always.”

-----

 

Sooyoung is driving her car on the street, wondering if she should give her wife a call for a head-start.

Okay, after her breakfast with Taeyeon, Sooyoung went to work.

She took few days off and she told her boss that she will be back soon, once she feels better. And she did. And of course, she gets to work sooner because she is planning to take longer days off when her babies born. So yeah, she is back to work.

But of course, if there is one thing Sooyoung didn’t expected at all, is that her boss told her to work on the new fashion line of STAR Fashion Company, Femmes.

Right, it actually doesn’t matter at all. Sooyoung has work on countless fashion articles, writing about fashion stores, boutiques, shops, exhibitions, and many more.

However, the problem is, STAR is the fashion company her wife is working in, and Femmes is none other than the project her wife is working on. Right, if only there is no fight, no cold shoulder, no whatever, Sooyoung will be very glad to give the sweet woman a surprise.

But hell, right now, Sooyoung can not even decided if she should tell her wife if she is going to have a meeting with the latter’s company.

Sooyoung sighed, doesn’t even realize that she is already on the parking lot, looking for a spot.

Sooyoung parked her car, but she stayed there. She still have another 15 minutes before the meeting.

So what? Should she drops by to the woman’s office to greet her? oh right, like it can not give her more hurtful memories to crush her bleeding heart. So, no.

Or what? Just walking by to the meeting, knowing she will meet her wife there. Okay, the probability is surely high. Yoona is working on the project, and the chance of her presence is indeed very high.

But then, it is the first meeting, and judging from her experiences, usually the first meeting only happened with the Head director, and talking about technical things, even if this happen very rare though. And then, she can meet Yoona later, can she?

Sooyoung scoffed, realizing what has been going into her head. Since when has she find it so hard to meet or talk to her own wife? Why does she feel so nervous to just meet the woman? Why couldn’t she just tell Yoona that she will be visiting the fashion company? Why?

Right, the probability of working together with her wife somehow make her heart pounded in anticipation and worries, and she doesn’t know why. Shouldn’t she just be happy? She is going to work with her wife!!

Sooyoung actually doesn’t have that much choice. Working in Yoona’s company without the woman’s knowledge will dissapoint the latter, and it wasn’t really like Sooyoung can do that either. She shouldn’t care, but right, she does.

So, Sooyoung decided to just meet her wife after the meeting. That is, if she doesn’t see the girl in the meeting. Anyway, she doesn’t seem to have that much time for now then. She is running out of time for the meeting.

Sooyoung is walking through the receptionist. She already had an appointment, her boss has made it. She was told if Mrs.Kwon will be the one to attend the first meeting if she can’t present.

But here she is, walking to the lift, going through levels, with her heart pounding so hard.

Sooyoung shook her head lightly. What the hell is wrong with her?

As soon as the door opened, already standing a girl with a small smile. After a greeting, the girl assisted Sooyoung to a large room with a black wooden door.

The unknown girl then opened the door for Sooyoung. Sooyoung stepped in and she saw there are already two woman and a man sitting on their respective seats.

And right, there among the woman, is her very surprised wife.

Yoona’s widened eyes slowly turned into normal when she finally form a small smile.

“Please, take a seat, Mrs.Choi.” Mr.Kang said, of course, knowing that she is her employee’s wife.

Sooyoung took a seat across Yoona who hasn’t tore her eyes from the tall brunette.

“So, I believe you have been informed about our new project?” Mr.Kang said.

“Yes, Mr.Kang.”

“Femmes is a project under Mrs.Im and Miss Park supervision.” He spoke “so, you can talk about the detail with them later.”

“Yes.”

He turned to the standing woman by his side, evidently his personal assistant, to take a folder and handed it to Sooyoung “this is few details about the fashion line.”

“Thank you.” Sooyoung took the files, but before she can open it, Mr.Kang spoke again.

“However,” Mr.Kang said “as the chief director of Femmes, I believe Yoona is busier.” He said “and with the fashion week to come,” he added “so, I thought it would be better if you can  talk for further informations, as well as working together for the news with--.. wait, she said, she will be here--..”

The door opened, before Mr.Kang can finished his word.

A tall familiar girl stepped into the meeting room.

Yoona’s eyes widened in horror. Sooyoung turned instantly and her heart dropped.

Mr.Kang wore a small smile when he introduced “this is Miss Park Eunji.” He said “and she will be working with you for the time being.”

Of course Sooyoung has prepared herself for the bad when she heard about the work she is going to do at Yoona’s company. But honestly, she doesn’t expect it to be this worst.

And Yoona knows, from Sooyoung’s hardened emotionless expression, that this, indeed, is such a disaster. A really terrible one.