Screwed up so bad

Meant to Be

As much as Yoona wanted to stay at home burying herself in the sea of cries after cries, at some point, her body gave up, and she knows she has responsible no matter how hard her situation is.

So dragging her tired body from the bed, Yoona took her morning shower before decided that drowing herself into her work will make it less hurt.

Or at least, maybe she can come up with something from ruining her marriage.

The divorce can not happened.

Yoona thought that dragging herself back to work will make the pain lessen, instead, she could barely keep up with her work for all she has inside her head is her very own wife.

What is she doing?

How is she feeling?

Will another talk today sounds good?

Has she been eating well?

Has she seen the doctor again?

But none of it answered. And it only saddened her more.

For the first time working here, Yoona suddenly feels like her office grow smaller, and the job she once loved come to emptiness.

Right, if only she didn’t screwed up so bad.

How could she make it right when Sooyoung doesn’t even want to see her face?

Yoona wiped a drop of tear from the corner of her eyes. Crying won’t make it better. She should come up with something to push or change Sooyoung’s decision about divorce.

Without the sound of knock, the door of Yoona’s office opened.

Yoona knows of course, only her close friend come in without knocking.

So here she is, greeted by the sight of her red haired bestfriend.

“..hey,” Tiffany greeted, taking a seat across Yoona’s table “lunch?”

Yoona gave a small smile “I am not that hungry though.”

Tiffany nodded understandingly “hmm..” she hummed before she asked carefully “has you spoken to her?”

Yoona nodded weakly “..hmm..”

“How was it going?”

“..well, maybe we shouldn’t have the conversation that soon.”

Tiffany squinted her eyes studying the mess Yoona is into “not reaching out something good?”

“..hmm..” again, Yoona nodded.

Tiffany sighed “so, she is still in her old apartment?”

“Yes.”

“And she won’t be going back to your house anytime soon?”

“It seems so.”

“What did she say?”

Yoona’s eyes lowered to her table, before she meets Tiffany’s curious pair, mumbling weakly “she was asking for divorce.” She said finally, swallowing the lump on .

Tiffany’s eyes widened in horror, her body leaned to the table instantly “she wouldn’t.”

But Yoona said nothing.

“What the hell..” Tiffany mumbled more to herself, searching the truth from her friend’s eyes “that’s so unlike Sooyoung.” The red head spoke “Sooyoung—she, she loves you more than anything. She loves you more than anyone. Gosh, Yoona, that woman will do anything for you, anything.” She added “there is no way she would—would asked something like that..”

Tears are pooling on the corner of Yoona’s eyes again. Just the word divorce scared her. And hurt her much.

“..Yoona..” Tiffany called softly “..are—are you sure?” she asked carefully “maybe—maybe she was only asking for—for.. a short break?”

Yoona lifted her face after wiping her tears away “I was there,” she mumbled weakly “and I heard it hell right, when she thrown it right to my face,” she spoke “I heard her clearly when she said ‘I want divorce’ and she even made it very clear by adding ‘I want it soon.’”

Tiffany pushed her body back to her seat. Her mind is working with the truth her friend just unfold as she whispered slowly “..what happened?”

Yoona is staring back hesitantly, doubting if she should tell Tiffany the truth. But Tiffany is a good friend, and she may share a little piece of her mind to the red head. Maybe, it will calmed her better.

“...I cheated on her..”

And for the second time, Tiffany’s eyes widened twice as before, gasping “..you did not..”

But Yoona is staring back with shame, guilt, and dissapointment “..I hurt her..”

 

“Hey, Yoona, are you still working?” the door flew opened, and Yoona saw her co-worker’s head appeared from the door.

“Yeah, I still have some report to do.” Yoona answered “just go home first, Eunji.” She said, seeing the girl has walking inside her office and took the couch “I will be fine by myself.”

But Eunji didn’t move.

“Eunji--..”

“The office is about to be locked.” Eunji cut “and I feel bad for letting you doing our job.” She said “I mean, I was late handing you the budgeting report, and it only caused you delay on finishing the entire report.” She added “is there any way I can help you with?”

Yoona smiled “that’s fine,” she spoke “don’t worry. I know how hard it was to work on the budgeting.” She said “and trust me, I was really graceful when I didn’t get that part for this new clothing line production.”

Eunji chuckled “I do enjoy doing the budgeting though.” She said “fun.”

Yoona laughed softly “you are the only person who ever said that to me.”

Eunji nodded, chuckling before she spoke again “how about dinner? Have you had dinner?”

“Oh, right,” Yoona glanced on her phone, lighting up the screen to see the time, 9.23PM. Sooyoung will be worried by now. And of course it was true for she could see few texts and missed calls she missed from her worried wife.

Yoona smiled to herself. And Eunji caught the sight.

“How about we crash my place?” Eunji suggested “I live nearby, and we can order dinner.” She shrugged “I haven’t had dinner either.”

Yoona seems hesitant. She would rather go home and cuddle her wife on their bed though.

“Come on, let me make it up to you.” Eunji persuaded “I can only feel better if you allow me to pay for dinner.”

Yoona glanced on her phone, before looking back to her co-worker “..okay..” she smiled “let me give my wife a call.”

“Okay,” Eunji smiled, standing up “I will take my bag, and I will wait you on the lobby, okay?”

“Sure.”

 

They worked obviously at first. Eunji is being helpful with the report, and in less than an hour, they finished their work.

It was almost 12PM when Eunji came from her kitchen to the living room of her small apartment with two glasses and a bottle of wine.

“..to celebrate..” Eunji said.

Yoona chuckled “Okay, I don’t think if it is a good idea.” She said when Eunji already opened the bottle, and filling two glasses with white wine “I have low tolerance of alcohol.” She continued “besides, I am driving.”

“Just a glass, Yoona.”

Eunji already lifted the glass to Yoona’s hand, and Yoona took it indecievesly “fine, just one.”

Yoona slowly sipped her drink, and Eunji is doing the same “..so, I haven’t seen your wife visiting for the last what—two weeks? Three?”

Yoona smiled weakly “right, she has been busy..” she mumbled, closing her eyes of the image of her wife. And Eunji took the chance to pour more wine to Yoona’s glass.

“Work?”

“Hmm,” Yoona nodded, taking another sip “she was assigned with a new column.” Yoona spoke “so, we’ve been really busy lately.”

“So, I guess, less time for both of you?”

“I guess so.” Yoona nodded slowly, already feeling a little bit tipsy. Yoona closed her eyes again, tighter this time, but again, her glass is filled yet again.

“..so less romantic dinner, less conversation, less.. ?”

Yoona opened her eyes. Eunji is a co-worker. Of course, sharing her life would meant no harm, isn’t it?

“..yeah..”

“Doesn’t it bother you?” Eunji moved closer, seating closer to the tall woman.

“..I would be lying if I say it didn’t.” Yoona replied, her sight become blurer “..but we promised each other that nothing can break us apart, not even work.” She said “we both always try our best to make time though.” She added “kisses here and there, cuddling every nights, and we still took shower toget—opps!” Yoona giggled cutely “too much information, aren’t they?”

Eunji’s smile gradually faded. How come this has always been so easy. A glass of wine, a little poke here and there, and they always opened up.

“If there is something I am sure more than anything I had ever did,” Yoona said “that Sooyoung, is that the woman of my life, the love of me, and my entire world love me, loves me so much, that sometimes, I wonder if someone can ever love that much.” she giggled “but that, it only make me falling for her deeper, loving her more.. and I am more than sure that, she, Sooyoung is my forever..”

Eunji gave no response over the girl’s talk, carefully watching the girl’s state, closer to losing her mind.

This is all so easy for her. So easy. Growing up on a broken home with parents who hate each other to death, Eunji believes no true love worth fighting for, nothing. Things like affairs are pretty much her own meals at home since she was five. Not only her father, but her mother would pick up some person they met at whenever, and brought the stranger home without much care.

Of course, Eunji did what her parents taught.

If anyone, Eunji knows it the best that love is a weak feeling which can destroy every being. It is that feeling that kills people.

And from her uncountable affairs, with men or women, which sadly none of them were single before sleeping with her. And from her experiences that people always fell to tempetation, Eunji is sure that even her friend, her co-worker, who claimed to love her wife more than anything will eventually fall.

And Eunji is as sure that Yoona’s wife, Sooyoung’s love for the woman will faded if knowing that the person she trust has betrayed her greatly.

Love never last forever.

It might be Yoona’s third glass already that Eunji took the glass from her co-worker. She had enough. She doesn’t want Yoona to get drunk. She wants the woman to remember what they did, and how they spend their night, and remembering every second of it like a crystal clear.

After all, the wine is just supposed to be their friends for the small talk. But Eunji has another plan in mind. She wants Yoona, and every being of her.

“Oh..” Yoona mumbled, massaging her temple “see, I just had one glass, and I could barely stand.”

Eunji said nothing when she ed the two buttons of her shirt “isn’t it hot?” Eunji smiled, referring to Yoona’s office clothes.

Yoona chuckled “hmm..” and trying to lift her long sleeves shirt.

“Let me help you.” Eunji offered and Yoona allowed the girl to help her “you can not drive now.” Eunji said “sleep over, Yoona.”

Yoona shook her head “no..” she mumbled “I don’t want to make her more worried than how she already did.” Yoona spoke “I told her that it will only take an hour or so.” She spoke “besides, I am still good enough to drive.”

“Here,” Eunji moved closer, and starting to touch Yoona’s thigh.

“..hmm.. what are you doing?”

Eunji gave another smile “it’s okay,” she whispered, fingers are tracing higher and higher.

“E—Eunji..” Yoona stammered.

But before Yoona could throw another protest, Eunji’s lips are already claimed hers, kissing her passionatelly.

“No—no!” Yoona tried to push the girl on top of her.

“Why not?” Eunji whispered, lips trailed to Yoona’s jaw and the woman frozen, while ing Yoona’s shirt “you want this..”

Yoona closed her eyes, and the image of Sooyoung is consuming her entire being “I can’t.. Eunji, please..” Yoona pleaded, but coming moans after moans when Eunji’s hand is placed in between her legs, drawing circles on her clothed womanhood.

“..no—no.. Eunji, I—I am married!” Yoona gripped Eunji’s wrist, but the pressure on her core is greater than the urge to push the woman.

“But you want this,” Eunji whispered again, and again “you are wet, so wet..” she spoke “how long has it been since you had ? Weeks? Month?”

“Eunji..”

Eunji listened no more, slowly pushing Yoona’s aside before she parted Yoona’s wet folds, shoving a finger inside, before she slowly touched Yoona’s sensitive bud, pressing lightly.

Yoona whimpered, finally losing her battle. With her eyes closed, Yoona is lost in pleasure, finally loosen her hand on Eunji’s wrist.

Eunji smirked.

“Right, just like that,” Eunji Yoona’s ear “..feel me.. I will make it feel good..” she said “we both will feel good..”

 

Yoona is drenched in tears when she recalled the story to her friend.

“I am ashamed.” She voiced brokenly “I slept with her, Tiff.” She mumbled “with every senses I could remember.” She said “and the worst part of it was that for one night, I forgot that I belong to Sooyoung, that I am married to the woman who ever love me trully,” she sobbed “that for one night, I was losing my mind and even sacrifice the most wonderful thing I had ever had..” she mumbled “I screwed up...”

Tiffany gasped. The fact that Yoona was cheating is unbearable, and another fact that it was their co-worker, Eunji, was beyond explainable.

“What hurt the most was that when I went home the morning after,” Yoona sobbed quietly “I found her in our living room, Tiff..” she mumbled “falling asleep there with her phone hold tightly.”

Tiffany sighed, losing her words. What does she supposed to say? Calm down when everything seems to fall apart?

“How did she find out?” Tiffany questioned.

Yoona bit her lower lip in anxious, guilt, shame “..she walked in on us, making out, in my office, few days after that night.”

Tiffany shook her head, having her eyes closed, trying to process every words from Yoona’s lips. But she could find nothing to put a little of assurance on the girl that everything will be okay.

Yoona lifted her face to meet Tiffany’s eyes.

“What should I do?” Yoona whispered.

Tiffany is staring back in silence before she voiced softly “what are you planning to do?”

“..I don’t know, Tiff..” Yoona mumbled “for sure, I don’t want the divorce,” she said “but Sooyoung insisted on it.” She spoke “she even told me to bring a lawyer for our next meeting,” she added “so what? Pushing the divorce? But until when?” she asked wearily “what should I do?”

Tiffany is staring back apologetically, she doesn’t have much experieces, and she doesn’t know anything to do in these kind of circumtances “...it is never too late to make things right..” she spoke slowly “..love is never about words,” she said “love is about commitment and action,” Tiffany smiled sadly “what you can do now is showing her that you want this marriage as much as she does, or maybe more than that.” Tiffany continued “that you love her as much as she loves you.”

“..and how could I do that? How could I do that when she doesn’t even want to see my face?” Yoona spoke wearily “she hates me, Tiff.” Yoona mumbled “she doesn’t even want to talk.”

“Yoona, Sooyoung fights for you despite your father’s hatred towards her. But that doesn’t stop her from loving you, and still trying her best to show your father that she, indeed is the very person for you.” Tiffany spoke “Sooyoung loves you, so much that what happened now, hurt her much.”

Tiffany is staring at the sobbing brunette when she added “..your father might still hate her, and you might hurt her,” she carefully spoke “but Sooyoung never stop loving you, and that is the only thing you need to remind yourself over and over, that Sooyoung is worth your fight just as she is sure that you, is worth of hers.”

Yoona nodded weakly.

“..I don’t know how, and I can not tell you what to do.” Tiffany spoke “because you are the only person who knows her more than enough to know, how to make her realize that you, are so much in love with her.” Tiffany said gently “and whatever you do, Yoona, I will always pray for the best for you, and I will help you as much as I can..” she smiled softly.

“Thank you, Tiff..” Yoona swallowed in despair before she whispered brokenly “..I just wished that I didn’t screwed up so bad..” she spoke “but if one thing I know best,” she mumbled “I am not going to lose her, not Sooyoung, not ever..”


 

a/n: a Christmas present!! :)

this will be my last update of the year :)

Happy holiday!! :D