Broken soul

Meant to Be

Yoona is sitting on her swivel chair, having a pile of unfinished job. She has responsible, a lot of it. But her mind is somewhere, with every part of her fiber.

Being one of the public relation in one of a famous clothing line in Korean, Yoona has a lot of work to do from advertising to client. There are three of them obviously, and one with the head of Public Relation. But number is just a number, doesn’t mean their work could get any less.

It was when the door knocked, and Yoona voiced out a soft “come in,” while the bubbles of her thoughts pops into thin air.

“Hey.”

Yoona looked up from the document she is curently scanning throughly, having the sight of someone she is not expecting to see.

“..I was just wondering,” the lady said, shrugging “if you are okay.”

“Okay?” Yoona mocked with a scoff “didn’t you see how my wife left yesterday?” she gritted her teeth “I am far from okay!”

“Come on, Yoona..” she stood right there, in her office, speaking with the alluring voice she had always had.

“..no, I can’t.” Yoona turned her back to the woman, pacing back and forth “not again.”

The young woman chuckled “we had shared a bed before.” She spoke “what makes it any different with a little kiss here?” she smirked “is it and you are afraid if someone come in anytime?”

“It was a mistake!” Yoona yelled in horror, shaking in fear and shame.

The woman tilted her head a little to side “it was more than just a mistake.” She whispered right into Yoona’s ear “because as far as I remember,” her lips curved “..you were enjoying it nothing less than I did.”

Yoona shook her head rapidly, guilt is washing over her whole “no..” she whispered to herself.

The young woman lifts her hand, putting it on Yoona’s shoulder, lightly tracing her finger up and down on Yoona’s arm “I miss your warmth.”

“..we—we can’t..” Yoona whispered “..I--..”

Yoona’s word is swallowed by another pair of lips. Her eyes widened in horror, second later, she is strunggling to pull out from the kiss in discomfort.

But the other woman is pushing her to the couch, making Yoona seated on the leather seat, and she is straddling on Yoona’s lap.

And before she knows it, Yoona is kissing back.

The young girl is smiling along the kiss, starting rake her hands down from Yoona’s shoulder to the latter’s chest. Yoona is in pleasure when both hands are gripping on her chest.

They are panting hard, but it doesn’t stop them for enjoying the forbidden pleasure they are into.

Slowly, a pair of hands are starting to Yoona’s shirt while a pair of lips are travelling over Yoona’s neck.

Yoona’s eyes shut tight, her mind went into nothing, nothing but pleasure.

Another smile crept on the young lady’s face, and soon after the blouse is loose, hands are sneaking on Yoona’s back, unhooking the tall brunette’s bra.

The so called co-worker smiled in delight. Slowly, she grabbed Yoona’s chest, and start toying with the hardened peak.

“..well, see,” she leaned with a throaty whisper “I told you, you will enjoy this..”

Yoona’s moaned one after another.

The kiss lasted long, and for once after a mere five seconds break, Yoona pushed the young woman to the side, sitting on her lap.

The girl chuckled, not long before Yoona is kissing the woman again.

Fingers tangled with hairs, lips locked with lips, and it was just a while before lips starting to go lower, and hand even lower.

They are panting hard with the woman’s hand is ping Yoona’s pants, and Yoona throw her head back when the warm hand palmed her tummy.

It was then when a sudden familiar voice come from the door.

“Yoona, hon--..”

The word stop, and so does their world.

Yoona hastily turned around, but her eyes widened in surprise when as equally surprised Sooyoung is standing on her door step. Not that Sooyoung never did, but in these past few weeks, the brunette haven’t show up.

In sudden movement, Yoona’s feet touched the spikey ground, quickly fixing her messing appearance.

“..Soo-Sooyoung..” is all what escaped Yoona’s lips.

Sooyoung is lost for word. is dry, tightened, and her lungs are suddenly give up. Her eyes watery with unwanted tears, her chest fall into pieces, and her body becomes numb.

The paper bag Sooyoung hold fall to the floor, and without a word, the tall brunette left the office.

Yoona’s eyes is filled with fear and guilt, so does her chest.

“Soo—Sooyoung!! Wa-wait!” Yoona stumbled over her own feet, trying hard to finish with the buttons of her shirt before she quickly ran after her wife.

The lift door closed when Yoona appeared, having the sight of Sooyoung with her fallen tears.

No..

Swiftly, Yoona ran to the emergency stairs, and hastily running down over seven floor to get to her wife on time.

Yoona falls near the middle, cursing with the broken heels, throwing it mindlessly before running down bare footed.

She can’t lose the woman, no.

But she was late.

When she arrived at the parking lot, Sooyoung’s car is already a meter away, so does half of her soul.

Yoona is catching her breath “..so—sorry..” she mumbled, it was her fault, not anyone else. She realized that she is the one who bring her marriage to the side of the cliff “..I shouldn’t have yelled.”

“Yoona, listen--..”

“..no, Eunji, you listen to me.” Yoona cut “..I love my wife, I love Sooyoung, I love her so damn much!” Yoona cried, her eyes red “and I will never, ever losing her,” she spoke “not her.” She added brokenly “if—if I could turn back time, I—I wouldn’t let—let this happen.”

Eunji sighed “and you can’t.” She said “we, happened.” She shot the latter a patheatic gaze “..I seduced you, and you fell.” She spoke “you had to realized that you are going to lose her, aren’t you?”

“I won’t!!” Yoona stood up, with a loud bam on the desk from her palms “stop saying that to me!!” she yelled “I won’t give up on her, I won’t!” she said in between her gritted teeth.

“Really? You may not give up on her,” Eunji spoke “but then, who can guarantee you if she is not the one to walk out?”

Yoona’s broken soul is filled with anger and dissapointment. Of course, at some point, she knows, she screwed up, and she is afraid if what Eunji said is not all lies.

-----

 

“..how are you feeling?” Jessica sits on the edge of Sooyoung’s bed, checking the woman’s temperature again.

“Better.” Sooyoung replied. She got two hours rest after their flight while Jessica is having her meeting with the hotel’s public relation manager.

“Hmm..” Jessica nodded.

Jessica knows that Sooyoung doesn’t make her worried. Because instead of cooling down, Sooyoung is burning up.

“..Sooyoung, really?” Jessica frowned.

“..just a little queasy,” Sooyoung answered to Jessica’s worry “headache and a little bit feeling chilly.”

“Have you take your the medicine I left?”

“Yes.”

“..honestly, Taeyeon is asking for a dinner later tonight with us.” Jessica said “but I don’t--..”

“Really?” Sooyoung cut, giving a small smile “I would love to.” She spoke “it has been a while since I met her.”

“I already said no.”

“What?” Sooyoung’s brows creased “but--..”

“So, instead, we will meet her for lunch.” Jessica cut “tomorrow.”

Sooyoung nodded quietly, shrugging “that’s fine with me.”

“And so, I don’t want you out of your bed until dinner. I will order our dinner later.” Jessica spoke “and I want you to inform me if you feel anything wrong.” She said “no night walking, no sight seeing, and just nothing until you are better.”

Sooyoung chuckled weakly “you are bossy.”

“I had a request from a worried wife.” Jessica replied, causing Sooyoung’s smile to gradually dissapear, remembering two calls from Yoona earlier when she is at the meeting. And more from her fiance actually.

Jessica knows something is not right. But she can’t push Sooyoung of something the latter doesn’t want to talk about.

“..aren’t you going to at least text her or something?” Jessica coaxed softly “she knows you are unwell.” She said “and she is worried.”

“..can you wake me up by dinner?” but Sooyoung clearly avoided the topic.

Jessica exhaled “okay,” she gave up “rest a little bit more.” She said “I need to call Tiffany.”

Sooyoung nodded, pulling the sheet over her head, and the moment she closed her eyes, the image that has been haunting her is flooding her mind again.

Sooyoung is just walking out from the cafe. The shop where Sooyoung usually buys Yoona’s favorite cake.

With a satisfy smile, Sooyoung glanced on the paper bag.

Chocolate cheese cake and a cup of Yoona’s favorite green tea. Well, both are Yoona’s favorite obviously.

Sooyoung made sure that she bought lunch either. Lunch for them. She is planning a surprise visit to Yoona’s office today.

She had to admit, these past few weeks has been a little bit rough with some issues on both their works. They both are equally busy, and Sooyoung is troubled with her physical wellness. Maybe due to the new column she is assigned to handle, Sooyoung unusually feel a lot more tired, and easily exhausted.

It has been quite a while since they had time for themselves.

And Sooyoung is planning to make it up for her lovely wife.

A smile crept into her face. Ah, how much she missed that woman.

Sooyoung arrived in the company where Yoona works a little after 15 minutes.

With a bright smile, Sooyoung greeted the receptionist, going through the floor and going straight to her wife’s office.

“Yoona, hon--..”

Of course, to say that she is surprised is an understatement.

Having the sight of her wife with another woman and both are engage in some messy physical encounter is not something Sooyoung wished to witness.

In an instant, Sooyoung’s heart fell, her ears deaf except from the broken pieces of herself, her lips mute from any words, and her eyes see nothing but something she wished to never saw.

“..Soo-Sooyoung..”

There is no word to say how dissapointed Sooyoung is.

But then again, when the paperbag fell from her grip, the voice awaken her back into her conciousness, and she knows that she has to leave that place right away.

Leaving from the reality that is threatening to kill her.

Jessica stepped out to the balcony to give a call to her fiance, while unfortunatelly, missing the tears that escaped Sooyoung’s eyes.

There is nothing that could heal her brokeness.

For once, how the hell is she going to trust the woman who say she loves her when Yoona did exactly the opposite?

Sooyoung’s broken soul is filled with dissapointment and sadness. Of course, at some point, she realized if giving up will end her misery. Just exactly like what she almost did back then.