The dinner

Meant to Be

Yoona is waiting anxiously. Of course it is a weekend family dinner, usual dinner, usual place. But some things were different, and she couldn’t help but worrying.

Right, what could be the only reason Sooyoung agreed to come in to the family dinner in the midst of divorce process, not that Yoona ever wanted that to start.

Sure Yoona regretted her thoughtless action of starting an affair. Really, no matter how many times she kept thinking about it, it doesn’t occur to her the reason of why she did that thing.

Yoona loves Sooyoung more than anything, heck, she will do anything for the woman.

Then why?

Was it because she was weak? Maybe, but the thought of cheating never ever came to her ever since she was in the relationship with Sooyoung.

Was it because their quality time decrease in the past few weeks? Sure it was, then why the hell Yoona doesn’t talk it out with her wife?

Or was it because Eunji was attractive? Yeah, of course. But starting something with her co-worker never even crossed her mind before no matter how attractive the girl could be.

So yeah, Yoona messed up, and she had no idea on how to fix this.

Then again, Yoona has talked to Tiffany quite a lot these days. Since Sooyoung refused to see her or talk to her aside from their divorce.

Yoona realized that she couldn’t keep looking for the reason since it won’t change the outcome. All Yoona is trying to do now, is to find a way for Sooyoung to change her mind regarding their divorce.

So maybe this dinner is something that can make it happen. Yoona thought, maybe by showing Sooyoung that her family still care for her, and wanted her as much as she does, Sooyoung may be willing to give it another try.

However, none of any thought can calm Yoona’s nerves. She is longing for her wife. Yoona missed to see that face every morning when she wakes up, Yoona missed that arms to accompany her sleep every night, Yoona missed that smile on every opportunity every time their eyes caught each other’s, Yoona missed everything about her, her Sooyoung.

It is a casual family dinner at her parents house, but Yoona may put a little bit too much effort on her clothes tonight. She wants to look good for her wife. She just wished that Sooyoung doesn’t need to drive for 20 minutes to pick her up to meet their family.

Right, when was the last time she dressed up for Sooyoung?

Yoona escaped soft chuckles. She cared about her job too much lately. They both were, and it all started from there.

They were slowly forgetting the meaning of their marriage, and losing half of themselves in the process.

Yoona is wearing a simple yellow floral dress with a white cardigan, and a pair of yellow flat shoes with it. As usual, with a little more effort which she doesn’t need to, she looks beautiful as ever.

However, no matter how many times she reasurred herself that she indeed looks just fine, Yoona couldn’t calm down. It just feel like their first date.

Yoona chuckled bitterly by the irony.

It was 10 before 6PM that the sound of bell drags her out from her train of insecure.

So, standing from the couch, Yoona is walking hurriedly to the front door, greeted by the sight of her very beautiful wife by the door step.

Of course Sooyoung is only wearing a long sleeve shirt and jeans. But hell, despite the tiredness that covered by light make up from Sooyoung’s face, the simple clothes can make the woman look a lot more younger than she actually is. And it doesn’t help but to bring memories of their dating life back from college.

“..Yoona?” it must be the second time Sooyoung called her that Yoona was out from her wandering thoughts.

“Ye-yeah?”

“Are you ready?”

Without saying another word, Sooyoung is walking back to her car while Yoona locked the door and followed after her wife.

The ride is awfully quiet, Sooyoung is evidently not into any conversation, and Yoona doesn’t know where to start.

It was after 20 minutes of torturing silence that they finally arrived at Yoona’s parents’s house.

Stepping out from the car, they both are walking to the front door. Yoona’s first, Sooyoung is after.

But Yoona stopped right in front of the door, leaving Sooyoung puzzled, but the brunette said nothing. These days, Sooyoung is not into talking.

Yoona turned back, facing her wife, giving a small smile as she spoke “I am glad you come.”

Sooyoung nodded quietly, doesn’t really have any reply.

Yoona’s heart pained. She knows her wife so damn well that she knows what is running inside the long legged beauty’s mind.

“I just hope..” Yoona mumbled, her voice cracked from holding her tears “..I just hope that this is not our last..”

And Sooyoung’s silence and avoiding gaze only confirm Yoona’s assumption.

Yoona swallowed the lump on , giving a tight smile, nodding. She wouldn’t let that happen. Right, she will fight until the end. And losing Sooyoung is not an option.

So without saying anything, Yoona knocked the door.

Right, she will fight harder to win Sooyoung back.

-----

 

“So, we are going to wait until what? 12?”

“11.40.” Tiffany corrected.

Jessica heaved a sigh, glancing on her watch “that is still a long way to go.”

Tiffany giggled “so, do you want to drop the movie date and just--..”

“No—No!!”

Jessica leaned on her seat, eyes wandering around the fancy restaurant while waiting for their order to be served before her eyes are back to her fiance “..I—I am just saying..”

“The movie date is your idea though.” Tiffany spoke, staring at the blonde.

“Hmm..” Jessica nodded “I just didn’t expected you to take the midnight movie.”

“It is an adult movie.” Tiffany said, grinning evilly “you said you want to watch it too.”

“Yeah, of course I do.” Jessica mumbled, her face blushed “..but—but.. I thought this movie is that kind you would want to buy and watch at home.”

“How’s so?” trying to hold her giggles, Tiffany’s brows creased “because it is fifty shades of--..”

“No—No!! Ju-just--!!” the blonde sighed.

Tiffany chuckled “I am just thinking,” she spoke “if we can watch it now,” she added, giving a teasing smile after “and practicing after.”

Jessica throws her fiance an unbelieving look, and Tiffany is staring back with a smirk.

“Just saying.” Tiffany shrugged “If you are not into--...”

Jessica groaned, leaning closer to the table, and Tiffany mirrored the action “you do know better than anyone,” she whispered huskily “that the only thing that can happen after we got home,” she said “is that both your wrists and ankles are going to be tied on our bed,” she mumbled, getting Tiffany’s face flushed “and me..” the sweet threat continued “will be on top of you,” she spoke softly “and only God knows how long I will remark you..”

Tiffany giggled “that sounds--..” she paused as thinking.

“Oh,” Jessica continued “have I said about ripping your clothes off?”

Tiffany’s face blushed, but she giggled “I like this kind of conversation.”

Jessica placed her elbow on the table before she put her chin on her palm. She is staring at Tiffany in longing when she whispered softly “you are really beautiful tonight, Tiff.”

Tiffany escaped soft chuckles when she put both her elbows on the table, using her palms to prompt her chin, a gesture Jessica is wearing “..but you prefer me ?” she teased, staring back in equal love.

Jessica is not usually the one with sweet words. Sweet threats, yes. But just not sweet words.

Jessica’s personality is unique. She is the one with cold appareance, but warm heart. She is not typical woman who will confess first, not the one to easily saying sweet stuff or preparing romantic events. Jessica won’t be the one to call often when she is overseas or out of town, Tiffany usually do more of them. Jessica is not usually the one to come with apology first in their fights and she is not the one who will admit that she was wrong. Practically, Jessica is just not a person of word.

But Tiffany learned enough that Jessica is the one who will wait for her on their bed and going to sleep only after Tiffany is there. Tiffany knows that instead of scolding, the glaring she got when she was home late is a sign that Jessica is worried about her. Tiffany knows that every small gestures, the simple messages, the random visits to her office, the willingness to accompany her for shopping insted of sleeping in their weekend, the smiles, and the starings, and all that Jessica did conciously or unconciously are all the way of Jessica telling her, and people around her that she indeed is madly in love with her.

By time, Tiffany knows that Jessica slowly melted as the blonde will more often giving her compliments. Jessica is also shy when it cames to say ‘I love you’, but still telling her the sweet truth for every now and then. So yeah, Tiffany knows about how much Jessica loves her.

“Definitely.” Jessica’s tone is sharp and again sweet.

There is a short pause after Jessica spoke. Obviously, none of the voices around them mattered.

And none of them has yet to break their ‘I am madly in love with you that I will do you just right here’ gazes yet.

“I can do this forever.” Tiffany spoke gently.

Jessica wore a small smile “I don’t want to.”

The petite brunette’s brows creased, it was before Jessica added “I will rather do something else.”

Tiffany smiled “and that is?”

“You know what we want.” Jessica’s voice is filled with confident.

Tiffany giggled “we should stop this,” she shook her head slightly, eyes closed before she opened them again only to be greeted by Jessica’s still intense stare “or I will cancel my dinner,” she whispered sedutively “and having you for mine.”

Jessica giggled shyly “hmm,” she shrugged “you know what,” she said softly “I think we are meant to be together.” She added “I kinda have the same thoughts..” she said “but I want this date,” Jessica spoke “it has been like forever since we had one, and I.. missed you much lately..”

Tiffany giggled by the sight of her flushed fiance “right, I am happy to know that you will be officially mine in two months and twenty four days.”

Jessica giggled too, giving a playful glare “you know what it means?”

“Hmm?” Tiffany is smiling.

“Stephanie Hwang, you are mine, and mine alone.”

Tiffany grinned “I love how that sounds though.”

Jessica smiled widely, leaning closer, and surprised her fiance with a peck on lips “I love you, Tiff.”

Tiffany mirrored Jessica’s smile “I love you too.”

With the spark between their eyes, the sweet gestures here and now, or the endless staring, they both know that this is definitely one of that long, long night.

 


 

a/n: hmm, let's have one more sweet chap, since today is a happy dayy..

happy birthday Choi Sooyoung!! <3