Call it a date

Meant to Be

It has been a week, and Yoona managed to dodge all calls from her wife. Right, mostly because she knows why Sooyoung wanted to meet her. As to note, with their respective lawyers.

Sure it wasn’t because Yoona hasn’t found a lawyer yet that she declined the formal meeting, but Yoona doesn’t even try to find one. She doesn’t want a divorce, and she is doing her best to keep any talk about that away until Sooyoung calmed down.

The problem is, with the phonecalls become more frequent, Yoona knows that she is nowhere close to put the idea of divorce far from Sooyoung’s mind.

Of course Yoona puts effort on trying to talk it out with Sooyoung. Yoona would come to the tall brunette’s office every morning to deliver breakfast.

However, after Yoona’s second attempt to do so, she learned that she couldn’t stay a little bit longer no matter how desperate she wanted to. Sooyoung would always asked if she was ready for their divorce talk with their lawyers, which again, Yoona wasn’t.

So Yoona would always ended leaving hurriedly with an excuse that she is a little bit busier lately to find a lawyer.

But again, Yoona is back in front of Sooyoung’s office door with salad and omelette in a paperbag for Sooyoung’s breakfast. Yoona doesn’t actually sure if Sooyoung ate them though, but she still brough breakfast for the latter, every morning, just like how they usually took turns to do.

So, standing anxiously, Yoona is calming her breath before she knocked.

Sooyoung knows it is Yoona. A silent sigh with a soft murmur of ‘come in’ escaped the tall brunette lips before Yoona stepped in.

With a nervous smile, Yoona walked closer to Sooyoung’s table.

Sooyoung doesn’t look up from her paper even after Yoona seated across her.

Yoona bit her lower lip, silently taking a deep breath before she spoke “..I bought breakfast..” she said softly while putting the paperbag on the table “..please eat..” she said, still concerned about Sooyoung’s health through she has no update upon with.

Sooyoung hummed softly, but not looking up yet.

“..and I am wondering,” Yoona swallowed, nervously spoke “there is another family dinner Saturday night.” She said “and you’ve been absent for two weeks.”

Sooyouns is so quiet that it makes Yoona more anxious.

“Mom is looking for you.” Yoona mumbled, can not tore her eyes from the tall brunette “and unnie missed you too.” I missed you more. But Yoona didn’t add, knowing Sooyoung wouldn’t need that “..will you come?” she asked carefully.

Sooyoung stopped writting, keeping silent for a while before she folded her arms on the table, looking back at Yoona “..okay.”

Yoona almost smiled in relief and happiness. It is what Sooyoung added after that shattered her heart.

“After all, we need to tell them about out divorce.”

Yoona’s eyes widened in fear. Just the word divorce tore her to pieces “No—no!” she swiftly spoke, earning Sooyoung’s questioned look “I—I mean,” she thought, hesitating before continue “..I—I will tell them..” she said “please, I will tell them myself. Ju—just not in such a—a fa-family event?” she excused.”

“When?”

The emotion that washed out from Sooyoung’s face only added to Yoona’s misery.

“..I will tell you when—when I am ready..” Yoona mumbled, hoping that Sooyoung to drop the talk.

“Okay.” For the second time, Yoona almost sighed in relief before Sooyoung added “my lawyer will meet you by Monday.”

Yoona bit her lower lip, having no choice but to nod. Right, she will just deal with the so called lawyer later.

“..Okay..” Yoona whispered sadly “..so,” she hesitated before asking “will you come?”

Sooyoung is looking down on the table before she replied “it is your family dinner. I--..”

“You are my family.” Yoona cut.

“Now that we are not going to announce our divorce yet, I don’t think it is necessary for me to come.”

“They missed you.”

“Your father would be happier to not see me there.”

“More will be dissapoint.” Yoona argued.

Sooyoung sighed, again, looking down on her table as she thinks.

Right, maybe she can pay Yoona’s family the last visit. To have a dinner as family. Maybe for the last time.

Sooyoung is looking up to her wife. Anxious and worry are written all over the latter’s face.

If the circumtances are any different, Sooyoung will already take that lovely lady on her arms, hugging her tight until she is wrapped with comfort and safe.

But no, maybe Sooyoung knows that she needed it too right now.

“Okay.” She answered after.

Yoona is waiting for a beat or two to pass. Sooyoung wouldn’t happen to crush her heart with words by the third time in less than five minutes, would she?

But as Sooyoung said nothing in the next 10 seconds, a smile appeared on Yoona’s smile.

“Gre—great!” Yoona sighed in relief “..umm.. hmm..” she swallowed “..so—so, sho-should I picked you up?”

Sooyoung seems to think before she answered “..I will pick you up by 6.”

“Okay.” Yoona nodded hurriedly, scared if Sooyoung changed her mind.

With no other words exchanged, Sooyoung’s attention is back on her paper and Yoona is left staring on her wife.

Oh, if she could spent eternity staring into that beautiful face, she will take every chance to.

But knowing that sooner or later Sooyoung will politely dismiss her, Yoona stood up from her seat “see you later,” she said, knowing that she will still drop by to bring breakfast every mornings “..please don’t forget to have your breakfast.”

With no answer, Yoona walked out the door. As much she wanted to spend more time with her wife, she knows that the later wouldn’t let her too. She feels like Sooyoung couldn’t stand being near her after the thing she did.

But if there is one thing that can fill her heart with peace and her face with a smile, it was caught a glimpse of Sooyoung took the paperbag, and start digging into the breakfast she prepared. First, knowing Sooyoung is taking care of her health, and second would be the sight of Sooyoung eats the meals she brought.

Right, maybe there is still a chance to have her marriage back, her wife.

-----

 

“You didn’t say you will come.” A blonde said from behind her desk.

“Never need your permission before.” Another woman replied, taking a seat across the blonde.

The petite blonde leaned on her seat, crossing her arms around her chest, staring at her fiance.

“Okay, I admit I made you upset.” The latter across her said “and I am sorry,” she said sincerely “but, Jessica, you must have known that the silence you have been giving me is killing me.” She pouted “please forgive me?” and giving that eye smile of hers. That never failed to melt her ice princess’s heart before.

Jessica stood up from her seat, circling until she stood by her fiance’s chair, sitting on the latter’s legs before she wrapped her arms around the girl and crushed their lips hard.

“This is killing me too, Tiff.”

Tiffany smiled, hugging her fiance’s waist “am I forgiven?”

However, Jessica stood, taking the paperbag from the floor which placed along with Tiffany’s handbag, and sitting on the small lounge inside the office, well it was actually a couch and small coffee table, while Tiffany is watching in confusion.

“Aren’t we going to have breakfast?” Jessica smile, sitting on the couch.

Tiffany mirrored the smile, sitting next to the woman.

“A flower, really?” Jessica turned at her fiance in amusement after she took a stalk of red rose from the paperbag with a small card clipped with it.

Tiffany shrugged “I am doing my best to be forgiven.”

“And giving me flower will do?”

“You think?”

“How long have you known me, Tiff?” Jessica’s left brow raised, lips curved upwards “you know flower don’t impress me.”

“But it will give me a smile.” Tiffany grinned, paused only to stare at her lovely fiance’s smile “and it is more than enough to start my day.”

Jessica smiled, before she puts both hands on Tiffany’s cheek, pulling their faces closer.

They both are smiling. It was before Jessica Tiffany’s lower lip and the latter voluntary parted her lips and Jessica deepened their kiss. Obviously, soon enough, the kiss turns more passionate than they intended to.

They giggled after their breathless kiss.

“You are so sweet.” Jessica whispered “and please, remind me to have my desert after this.”

Tiffany giggled by Jessica’s sweet remark “gladly.”

“So,” Jessica asked as she helped her fiance to unpack their  breakfast “have you talked to Yoona again?”

“Hmm..” Tiffany hummed, knowing where this conversation is going.

“Have she told you about why Sooyoung asked for divorce?”

Tiffany sighed. Typical Jessica, always stright to the point. And she knows well enough that Jessica won’t stop until she finds her answer.

“..No..” Tiffany lied, hated to do it, but she promised.

Jessica exhaled, frowning while holding her sandwich “..Sooyoung said nothing about it either.” She mumbled after a bite.

Tiffany took a bite on hers, staring at Jessica’s side facade who are lost with her own thought, trying to form  any necassary scenarios.

Right, she shouldn’t have got in between their bestfriend’s relationship. As much as she cared about the two woman, she always hated to keep things from Jessica.

“So, why don’t we talk about us?” Tiffany suggested.

Jessica turned with a small smile upon meeting Tiffany’s frown.

“It has been so torturing without your voice.”

Jessica giggled “hmm, I may got it worse.”

“Really?” Tiffany’s brows creased “because as far as I can recall, you were the one that has been ignoring me.”

Jessica gave a mischevous smile, leaning closer while Tiffany only wore a questioned look.

“Forgive me?” Jessica whispered “I will make it up to you.”

Tiffany laughed softly “are you trying to be cute?!!”

“Ya—yah!!” Jessica landed a slap on Tiffany’s thigh out of embarassment.

“You are so, so cute!!” Tiffany spoke cheerfully, can not help herself but wrapping her arms around her blonde fiance’s shoulder, of course, while keeping her sandwich as far as possible.

“You are so gonna get it.” Jessica mumbled, blushing.

Tiffany giggled, wiping her lips before giving a kiss on Jessica’s flushed cheek “I love you.”

“I love you too.” Jessica said shyly.

Tiffany is smiling upon Jessica’s shy gesture “it has been a while since we last have a date.” She said “should we have one this weekend?”

Jessica is staring back into Tiffany’s brown pair of orbs, finding nothing but unending love “..sure.” she said “dinner date is on me.”

“Hmm?” Tiffany’s brows creased.

“I already got us a place on your favorite restaurant by Saturday night.”

A naughty smile appeared on Tiffany’s face slowly.

“Wh—what?!” Jessica swiftly defended, Tiffany hasn’t even said anything “yo—you are not the—the only one who wa—want to—to make up!!!”

Tiffany giggled. Cute.

Tiffany throws herself on the blushing blonde “forget later,” she whispered “I want the desert now!!”


 

a/n :Okay, early update.. my next update might be by next weekend because I have another family event.

and this is just a little sweet stuff before the storm..

thank you for reading, and thank you for your opinions, happy reading :)