Sad birthday

Meant to Be

Sooyoung is sitting on her seat in the restaurant Taeyeon booked for their lunch, with Jessica obviously. They are waiting for the petite friend of theirs, they young woman they first met back in high school for arriving. They are a little bit early.

The blonde bestfriend of hers has been really possesive with what she can eat and what shouldn’t, and where she could go, and where she couldn’t.

And Sooyoung knows better to just listen than pissed the petite woman off. At least because she doens’t want to deal with another problem. She had enough.

Sooyoung has not been stopped glancing at her handphone.

She got countless misscalls and massages. But none of them has been replied.

Sooyoung doesn’t want to hear or see something that can break her more.

She needs time for herself.

But her heart is saying otherwise.

She is missing her wife so bad, so bad that she couldn’t deal with herself without the girl.

But seeing the young girl will broke her heart, and she knows it. No matter how hard she tried to deny, she loves that woman so much that she is willing to do anything.

Sooyoung knows that her father in law hates her to death, she is even still not allowed to call the man by father. The old man is still blaming her for taken her daughter, and giving the woman less than she deserved.

Sooyoung has no parent figure, so she doesn’t quite learn on how to please the adult. The last and only foster parent that has been taken care of her when she was seven brought her back to where she was taken because the couple have had their own child three years after.

Yet Sooyoung still does her best to be accepted into a family that hated her being. Going from delivering foods, fruits, things that the old man collect for hobbies, trying to make a conversation, and even sitting in the family’s living room by weekend for hours without doing anything. Sooyoung is lucky that Mrs.Im and Yoonhee-unnie as well as her husband are pretty supporting about her relationship with Yoona which is why they were married three years ago.

Yeah, almost three years ago.

It got Sooyoung to think, maybe, maybe this time, Mr.Im will finally get something that he had ever wanted.

“If you want to call her that bad,” Jessica finally speaks her mind “you might just do it.”

Sooyoung said nothing when Jessica added “after all, it is her birthday.”

Sooyoung is quiet, her eyes are avoiding her phone, pretending like she doesn’t care. But this is Jessica, the woman who can read the taller woman like an open book.

“..Sooyoung--..”

“She doesn’t need it from me.” Sooyoung cut.

Jessica’s brow creased, it is just so weird to hear it coming out from the latter’s lips “and what does it supposed to mean?”

Sooyoung gritted her teeth, turning to face the blonde woman “she doesn’t need me.”

Jessica tilted her head slightly “Sooyoung, we are still talking about Yoona, right?”

Sooyoung’s breathing is short and hard “..l don’t want to talk about it.” Sooyoung said “I am sure she already had her happy birthday without me. She doesn’t need one from me.” Sooyoung’s eyes is cold and empty.

“Sooyoung, what are you even saying?” Jessica caressed the tall girl’s cheek gently “I told you not to leave your bed,” she said “you still have fever. And it is messing with your brain.” Jessica scolded.

Sooyoung sighed, not answering.

“..she may still expecting your call.”

Sooyoung refused to reply.

“Soo--..”

“Sooyoung..” a soft familiar voice called.

Sooyoung turned, standing in delight with a smile “Tae, hey..”

Taeyeon smiled, opened her arms and Sooyoung gladly return the hug “it is really nice to see you.”

“It is nice to see you too.” Sooyoung smiled when they pulled, and Taeyeon leaned to give a kiss on Sooyoung’s cheek.

Jessica’s brows creased by Taeyeon’s warm greetings “okay, have a seat, Tae.”

“You still have fever.” Taeyeon spoke, taking a seat by Sooyoung’s side, her hand is reaching Sooyoung’s hand “have you go to the doctor?”

“Yeah, no worries.” Sooyoung smiled reasurringly.

“Yes, her wife has asked me to take care of her.” Jessica spoke.

“..hmm..” Taeyeon nodded ignorantly “how long are you going to stay?” she asked, eyes fixed on Sooyoung.

“Until few days.”

“I see,” Taeyeon nodded with another smile “..then, I will clear out my schedule as long as you are here.”

“Well, that’s unneccecary, Tae.”

“Yes,” Sooyoung nodded “we will be fine,” she said “we don’t want to bother---..”

“Oh, please, I insist.” Taeyeon spoke “I will just show you around.”

Sooyoung spared a glance on Jessica, and they blonde sigh with a shrug.

“Well, then, we will be glad to.”

-----

 

Despite the pile of unfinished job she has, Yoona has been staring on her phone the second she seated herself in her office.

Sooyoung has not called, and it worried her.

First, she had a call from Jessica yesterday, telling her all about how her wife is doing, and the fact that the tall brunette is unwell while unfortunatelly not answering any calls from her, dig a big, big hole inside her heart.

Second, they met Taeyeon. Of course she knows the petite woman. The woman was even there at her wedding. Taeyeon was Sooyoung’s girlfriend back in high school. They dated like one or two years, and whatever, Yoona doesn’t really care. What she cares is that they meet again, and it doesn’t sound good.

Even if it is obvious that Taeyeon is not a threat. The lady never was. All the lady does is keeping a friendly distance between her and her wife, but Yoona did a terrible mistake, and it haunted her.

Third, this is her birthday, today is. And Sooyoung doesn’t even spare her a fine minute to call. Like this day couldn’t get any better.

Yoona is obviously sad. But again, she started it.

She was the one who made Sooyoung turned away from her.

And she is determinate to do anything to not let the woman to walk away from her. Not Sooyoung.

Because Yoona knows, the true happiness of her life was starting when Sooyoung came and it will end misarably without the woman.

“..what’s with the frown?”

Yoona doesn’t even realize when her friend has trepass her office.

“What are you doing here, Tiff? Don’t you have works to do?”

“Well, but I still can spare sometime to meet the birthday girl.” Tiffany smiled, putting two paperbags on the table before circling the around it “happy birthday, Yoona!” She smiled and cheered with her loud voice, wrapping the taller girl in a hug when Yoona stood on her feet.

“Thanks.” Yoona smiled weakly.

Yoona pulled from the hug, seated back on her seat.

“So..” Tiffany leaned on the table, arms crossed on her chest “..still no call?”

“..hmm..”

“You know, that is really unlike Sooyoung.” Tiffany said. Yoona has not said anything about their fight yet, but evidently, it was a disaster, and Tiffany knows her place not to push the girl.

“..yeah..” Yoona mumbled, glancing on her phone, again.

Tiffany glanced on the girl with sympathy “how bad was it?”

Yoona swallowed, biting her lower lip before she turned to her friend “very bad.”

Tiffany sighed, patting Yoona’s shoulder lightly before she circled the table, taking one of the paperbag “..this is from me and Jessi..”

Yoona gave a small smile, reaching out her hand “thank you.”

Tiffany went silent before she sits on the chair across Yoona.

“Actually, this is supposed to be a surprise for you.” She spoke “but it seems that she is most unlikely to stick with her plan, so..”

“What’s plan?” Yoona’s brows furrowed.

“She was planning for your birthday surprise since weeks ago.” Tiffany spoke “she had asked me and Jess for help, and she prepared a lot for this day.” She added “she was planning to go missing all day and giving you the surprise by the night.”

Yoona’s heart sunk. Her eyes wells up.

“..Sooyoung has prepared everything,” Tiffany spoke softly “she asked a favor from my friend for this present.” Tiffany pushed another small paperbag, while Yoona’s trembling hand reaching for it “they were personally ordered.”

“She had made a reservation on your favorite restaurant for tonight, heck she even bought herself a new dress and lingerie,” Tiffany chuckled softly to herself, a soft smile lingering on her face for seconds “..I had no idea about what is happening in your marriage,” she added gently “..and I don’t know what made her so mad to the point that she is avoiding you,” she spoke “but Yoona, if there is one thing I know..”

Tiffany is staring at her teared up friend “..is that Choi Sooyoung loves you more than anything..”

Yoona knows, and it pained her greater. To know that she hurts the woman who ever loved her greatly, and the only woman who could love her unconditionally.

“..so, I will leave now, I still have work to do..” Tiffany stood up, giving a small smile, giving some time for her friend to clear her mind “don’t stressed yourself out.”

Tiffany walked out without waiting for Yoona’s reply.

Slowly, Yoona opened the paperbag Tiffany gave her earlier, the one said to be from Sooyoung’s.

There is an average size of red box, tidily wrapped with a ribbon. Yoona opened the box caarefully, her tears had not stopped.

The big box is contained with another small box and an envelope which Yoona took and put on her table. Yoona managed to pull a red strapless dress from the box.

Yoona’s hand covered , her tears have coming out like river stream.

How could she did that to Sooyoung when the girl is still keeping her inside her head despite her busy work?

Yoona took and opened the small box only to find a pair of earing, both has an alfabeth letter, one with S and the other with Y.

Yoona closed her eyes in agony.

Sooyoung is really busy these past few weeks. The megazine where she worked has requested another column for Sooyoung to work into, but even in all the sleepless nights, the moody days, and the endless exhaution, Sooyoung still prepared a happy birthday for her.

With her pained chest, Yoona’s trembling hand is reaching for the envelope, and carefully open the envelope when she found a piece of folded paper and two tickets to Hawaii. It is dated for tomorrow.

Yoona’s heart feels heavy with guilt and sorrow.

Carefully, she unfolded the letter, It is Sooyoung’s handwritting.

 

Dear hon,

 

Yoong, I know that was old, but do you remember that I used to call you that? And you used to call me Youngie? We used to be childish and cheesy, and a lot but mature. That was until you said that we should have a more grown up nickname, something like hon. I like both anyways. No,I don’t care about nickname much, I care about you because I love you. And I know whatever nickname we had, in the end of the day, I still call you mine.

Then, don’t you remember our days in college where jealousy were easily striked us in? And you always ask me about how I handled them better than you did? Well, hon, to tell you the truth, I wasn’t doing any better. For you have no idea how my heart badly crushed when someone flirted with you. But then, I always remind myself that you are mine, and I am yours, and just simply because I believe in us.

Or do you remember the silly things we had ever done since we were together? That absurd things we were into? Do you remember the times where we prank Jess and Tiff? And a lot of them? And they were just keep falling? Or do you remember when we played cupid for them? (glad it works though, Tiff loves Jess just too much).

And you know that writing a letter is not my kind of thing. But come on, I saw how your eyes lighted up when you watched the drama months ago, and you are still bringing it up in any circumtances about the so romantic male lead. And here is a little secret, hon, there is no such thing as romantic man in real life. But here again, I am your woman.

I had to admit that our marriage has not been easy. With your father is still greatly rejected me, and clearly, he only allowed the marriage because you had been crying days and nights, not from any efforts I did. But you know, I will do anything for you. And hon, I won’t give up on you, on us. One day, I will have your father’s blessing. Put some faith in me, okay?

I am glad that your mother and Yoonhee-unnie has been really supportive. They are live my own family, and I can’t be more glad to have them in my life. They has been helping me a lot, and I owe them just more. And somehow, they asked me to  pay the debt to you. And again, I am just glad to do so.

And you, you the source of my happiness, the light of my way, the drug of my addiction, the start of my forever, and the end of my life. (I will be honest, not that you won’t notice, I saw that somewhere but that is exactly how I feel about you).

You do know that I love you so much, like really, very, very much, don’t you? I know you have been taking advantages of it, but anyhow, not that I can complain. To tell you the truth, I love spoiling you because you are spoiling me as much.

I love you, and anything that speak you, anything about you, and just you.

I love your sleep talking. You really talk a lot anyway. And mostly something like or grunting or ‘Sooyoung, more, harder’, making me wonder what have you been dreaming about.

I love your weird habits. I love how you put milk in your tea and dip your cookies before you eat them. I love how you scrunch up your nose when you are jealous, I love how you laugh comfortably and loudly with mouth wide open, I love how you demanded for funny faces from me after I made you upset and you will forget what it was all about right away, I love how you walk around in our home in only underwear when there are just us, I love how you took initiative with our making loves, I love what you did and how you turn in bed when you are with me, and hon, trust me, I really love your habit of sleeping on . And along with that, there are still so much which you may do unconciously yet I will love to tell you how much I love every bit of them.

Do you still remember our first meet?

You know, I felt like I had found the half of me when I met you. You are the only girl who could ever keep up with me.

You and your theories make me believe that I have found the woman I want to spent my eternity with. You thought that girl does not have to eat prettily, you stuff your face and believe that being self conscious while eating is really unnecessary, you order your third serving no matter how much we ate and no matter how much scolding we were given (of course you parent is the exception), you said sleeping is comfy and fun which I can not get more than agree, you spare some time to make sure I take my meals no matter how busy I am, and Yoona, really, I will be writting a book if I tell you all the things I love about you.

You deal with my worst and you are there in my happy time.

You hugs me when I was down, and you celebrate my joy.

You hold my hand when I am scared and you give me some time for myself.

Yoona, truly, I can not ask for more.

I know these past few weeks has been rough. I am assigned with the new column in the megazine, and you are in duty for the new project in your company. We are so busy that we can barely have an hour of talk and cuddling. We were exhauted that when night comes, that we just come to sleep because tomorrow we will face another busy day.

That’s why, love, to make it up for our less intimate time alone, let me take you to another honey moon. Okay, I lost count on how many honey moon we have attend, but anyway, please forgive this woman of yours?

I love you.

I really do.

 

p.s

Love, don’t forget dinner at your favorite at 7.30 tonight, and wear the dress!

Love, your hon

 

Yoona’s tears are streaming down like a river stream.

The present from her wife tore her greatly, and her heart is bleeding uncontrollably.

Yoona is broken and shattered.

And she knows, losing the woman will be the most stupid mistake she would ever done.

Sooyoung loves her more than anything, and she knows that she couldn’t fine someone who will love her like the latter do. Just like she wouldn’t ever find the one to love like she has ever love the woman.

But then again, Sooyoung never did this before. Forcing to put some distance and forbid Yoona to cross her personal circle, but now Sooyoung doesn’t even want to look at her in the eyes. It tells Yoona enough, that she is close of losing the woman, and she couldn’t ever let that happen. She can’t.

Well, maybe today, her birthday is not all that bad.

But still, it will be a lot more better, Yoona is highly sure it will, if only, if only Sooyoung is here.

 


a/n: I accidentally tick the story as complete. yet, don't worry, I barely even started. :D

and, I will be on a short leave. :) happy reading.