Mistake

Meant to Be

Yoona is devastated.

She is sitting on the couch in the living room but her heart and mind are somewhere else.

She kept glancing on the clock hanging on the wall, and it is 1AM already, freaking 1AM!!

Yoona keeps sighing. Her wife has never been home up to 7PM every night, or even if she was, with some late work, it was always with notice, a simple text or phone call.

But not now.

Yoona knows that she screwed big time.

The face on her wife when the woman opened her office door was not only priceless, it was surprised, taken aback, and mostly pain.

She shouldn’t have do it! She shouldn’t have fall for it!!

But it was way too late to even regretted what she did.

Her wife was there. The only girl she swore to love for the rest of her life, the one she said to protect and to devote in happiness and sadness, in pain and grace. The only woman she vowed to grow old to eternity three years ago.

The very same woman she hurted, and broke.

Yoona is sobbing quietly. Runny nose, puffy eyes, dried tears, her appareance has clearly voiced out that she has been crying, and still is.

She has been trying to call countless times, and sending uncountable massages. But none taken, and none of it replied.

Yoona is tired and worried, hell worried!!

The day has changed, and it was soon will come another morning, but her wife is nowhere to be seen in their little home sweet home.

She has been waiting for her wife since she got home from work which she clearly remembered none of what she did today.

Not after she saw her wife running away from her office earlier today.

The tears hasn’t stop, and so does the worries, but it is a little bit latter than 1AM when she heard a click sound from the front door.

Yoona’s body involuntary tensed, standing up swiftly, wishing that it is her wife that finally got home.

And she was right.

But instead greeted with a hug and kiss like she always does, all Yoona sees is nothing but a mess. It is obvious that Sooyoung didn’t get her day any better than Yoona’s.

Yoona’s heart ached with the sight of the tall woman, her voice trembling and coming hoarser than she intended to do “..sooyoung..”

Sooyoung, however, instead of turning to the very sweet sounds she always loves to hear, the brunette doesn’t even spare a glance and walking lifelessly upstair to her room, their room, like she hears nothing.

Yoona bit her lower lip, trying to hold back the pain from the obvious ignorance she has been receiving.

No, Sooyoung never once ignored her, never. No matter how much they fight in their three years marriage, no matter how bad Yoona’s father’s rejection to their marriage and the very bad treatment she got, Sooyoung never once failed her. Never.

And it hurts Yoona more than she ever know when she realized, that she is hurting the only person who is ever love her for whoever she is.

Quietly, Yoona is following Sooyoung to their room.

The light is on when Yoona gets inside. She remembered to leave the light on after shower and decided to wait for Sooyoung downstair earlier.

But Sooyoung is nowhere inside the room.

The running shower inside the bathroom told Yoona that Sooyoung is washing up.

Yoona is sitting on her side of bed, waiting patiently in her night gown, maybe she can talk with Sooyoung about what happened earlier today.

But nothing is as easy as it sounds.

Stepping out from the shower in her night gown, Sooyoung walked to the side of her bed, slipping under blanket, with her back on her wife.

Yoona is near tears again for god-know-how-many-times for today again. The cold shoulder her wife is giving her is killing her.

But Sooyoung clearly doesn’t want to talk.

Yoona stepped out from the bed, turning the light off before she slipped under the sheet, facing the taller woman’s back.

It was the last thing Yoona heard before her eyes gives up.

Soft sobs coming from none other than her wife.

-----

 

Yoona is up earlier, and usually they will take turn for making breakfast, or sometimes even making it together.

Yet, this morning, for whoever turn it supposed to be, Yoona fills the spot, only hoping that they can have a conversation today.

Obviously, the longer they run from this, the worse the outcome will be.

Yoona finished making sandwiches a little later after 8. Sooyoung must have been woke up by now, and ready to go to work. Not before breakfast usually.

Yoona is going upstairs, standing in front of the door of their room, open the door after a minute of calming down, only to get her heart broken by the sight of Sooyoung is packing some clothes to her travel bag.

“Sooyoung, whe-where are you going?” Yoona hastily walked closer to her wife, trying to reach for Sooyoung’s wrist, but the latter knocked it faster.

“Business trip.” It was all Sooyoung answered.

No, Sooyoung is not supposed to have a business trip now. Of course they work in difference company, but Sooyoung never went to one without early notice, never.

All the business trips are planned before, and even if an urgent trip comes, Sooyoung could always deliver the news for at least days before the day.

Sooyoung’s eyes are red and tired, and they are still refused to meet with Yoona’s.

“..for—for ho-how long?” Yoona quietly asked, in the verge of crying “..when will yo—you come back home?”

“Don’t know.” Sooyoung replied as short, still folding her clothes neatly and orderly put them on the travel bag.

“..whe-when your flight will be?”

“I haven’t check my ticket.”

Yoona nodded quietly, so, Sooyoung doens’t plan the trip either. Her best guess is that her wife must has asked to take a part after what happened yesterday.

“Yo-you are going with someone else?”

“Jessica.”

Yoona swallowed, of course she can ask the blonde friend of hers later for the detail.

“..so, umm.. I—I can take some time off later..” Yoona spoke “should I fetch you and--..”

“I will go with Jessi.” Sooyoung replied “Tiffany will drive us.”

Of course, Jessica’s fiance. And, her co-worker.

And Sooyoung is evidently starting to build a wall between them.

“Umm..” but Yoona couldn’t give up “..I—I can accompany Tiff.”

“Don’t bother be.”

Yoona’s heart is crushed.

Sooyoung is finished packaging and Yoona knows that she couldn’t let this chance slip. Because it will crushed her more in pain and guilt, and the worse can come to Sooyoung.

No, she couldn’t risk her marriage. She can’t.

Sooyoung slumped her travel bag to her shoulder and about to walk out from the room when Yoona grabbed her wrist.

“..we need to talk.. please..” Yoona pleaded quietly, hopefully “le—let me explain..” she quivered, begging.

There is silence before Sooyoung turned.

“Talk?” Sooyoung’s face is stoic and her voice cold “really?” she gave a mocking chuckle “do you know how I feel?”

Yoona couldn’t answer.

“..you have no idea how it kills me..” Sooyoung spoke coldly “I don’t know why.. and I don’t even want to know anymore..”

Sooyoung’s word stings Yoona’s heart so much, and Yoona’s tears are falling.

“..no matter how many times I tried, no matter how hard I tried..” Sooyoung’s eyes are starting to blur, her voice trailed “Yoona, do you think the explanation on why I found you in your office while making out with your co-worker will make me feel better?”

Yoona’s lips parted, but it closed again for she herself, doesn’t have any word to explain.

“..so, yeah,” Sooyoung blinked, and her tears fall “I don’t want to talk.”

“Sooyoung,” Yoona called brokenly, reaching out her hand to Sooyoung’s cheek.

But when Yoona’s finger’s tips lightly touching Sooyoung’s cheek, the latter turned away.

It hurts. For both of them.

“..I’m leaving..” Sooyoung mumbled before she left her wife standing still on her spot, frozen.

Later did Yoona knows, that letting Sooyoung walked out that door is the worst mistake she had ever done.