Chapter 56

As Time Goes By
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Miss! Miss!” Yeon Mi called, almost reaching for Hyoyeon’s bag but ended up falling. “Ow.” She cried, sitting in the middle of the sidewalk crying. “Miss! Your keys!” Yeon Mi cried, getting up and chasing Hyoyeon but she wouldn’t turn around.

“Did someone grab my bag earlier?” Hyoyeon muttered, looking at her bag as she took out one earphone. Shrugging, Hyoyeon crossed the track and went to the park.

“Miss!” Yeon Mi called, running across the track, tripping once again, her shoe getting in the crack.

“Kid! Move out the way!” a biker screamed, trying to stop his bike. Before Yeon Mi could get up, the bike got closer and closer as she saw Eunhyuk and the three a few feet away.

“Oppa!!” Yeon Mi cried, dropping the keys next to her and trying to get up. Eunhyuk’s eyes widened as he started running towards Yeon Mi. Hearing the scream, Hyoyeon turned around, seeing a young man run towards the kids.

“Oh my..” Hyoyeon started, running towards the kid but before she did, Eunhyuk ran in, covering Yeon Mi as the bike stopped, hitting Eunhyuk slightly in the back.

“Oppa!” Yeon Mi wept, hugging him tightly as Eunhyuk groaned from the pain in his back.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” the biker bowed.

“It’s fine, I’m fine. Sorry,” Eunhyuk muttered before the biker rode off. Glancing at Yeon Mi who was sniffing while looking down, Eunhyuk help her pull out her shoe from the crack.

“Yeon Mi!” the three kids ran towards them.

“I thought I lost you!” Yongsuk cried, hugging his sister tightly.

“Don’t you ever do that again!” Yongguk yelled.

“Do you know how worried we were?!” Yoon Mi asked.

“I didn’t mean it, I didn’t know,” Yeon Mi wept while Eunhyuk was kneeling next to her, staring at her quietly. “Oppa, I’m sorry.” She cried, looking down.

“Lee Yeon Mi, how many times do I have to teach you?” Eunhyuk asked with tears in his eyes. “I told you to stay with Yongsuk. Why don’t you listen, Yeon Mi? What will I tell Grandpa and Uncle if you got lost? What would I do if you never came back?” He asked angrily, but his face softened seeing how much Yeon Mi was crying before pulling her into a hug. “Don’t go running off. I’m sorry for yelling at you. You could have got hurt if we didn’t come in time.” He said, hugging her tightly.

“I was returning her keys,” Yeon Mi said, bending down and picking up the keys.

“Who do they belong to?” Eunhyuk asked as Yeon Mi looked around and saw Hyoyeon standing near them, watching them quietly.

“Her!” Yeon Mi pointed as Eunhyuk looked over and his face darkened a bit.

“Go return it and let’s go home,” Eunhyuk said, standing up and pulling the other three close to him.

“Here you go, you dropped them earlier,” Yeon Mi smiled as she held the keys out.

“Thank you,” Hyoyeon replied, grabbing the keys before she stopped. “It’s you four.” She whispered softly. “Don’t you remember me?”

“I just moved here, I don’t know anyone from Seoul but Oppa,” Yeon Mi told her. “I have to go home now, bye.” She bowed and ran towards Eunhyuk.

"Ready to go home? It's been a long day." Eunhyuk said, carrying Yeon Mi.

"Carry us too!" Yongguk whined.

"Yeah don't forget us!" Yongsuk laughed.

"Please! Be fair!" Yoon Mi said, jumping onto Eunhyuk.

"Alright, alright!" Eunhyuk chuckled. "I'll buy some... Cake! Let's bring it home for Dad and Grandpa, okay?" Eunhyuk smiled.

"Yes!" The four cheered as they hugged Eunhyuk.

"Our favorite cake store isn't far, let's go." Eunhyuk pointed as the kids started walking towards the store, his eyes not leaving them.

"Eunhyuk," Hyoyeon called as he turned to look at her.

"What?" Eunhyuk replied.

"I..." She started.

"I know you hate me. I don't want to talk about it, the kids are waiting for me." Eunhyuk muttered.

"Do they really not remember me?" Hyoyeon asked.

"How am I supposed to know?" Eunhyuk asked. "All of you were gone all this time. All the guys, you and your sisters. No one stayed back but me. Everyone through them away when they didn't do anything. Only I stayed by their side. I was the one that never left. I wouldn't be surprised if they did forget, isn't that better for everyone?" Eunhyuk asked.

"So you're saying if we both forgot each other then it would be better for us?" Hyoyeon questioned.

"Isn't that what you want?" Eunhyuk replied.

 

~Next Morning

“Help me,” Sunny whispered, her eyes closed as she stirred around before her eyes opened. “Why am I in a hospital room?” She asked before sitting up quickly. Once she saw a body sleeping on the couch, Sunny kept quiet. “Sungmin.”

“You’re awake,” Sungmin muttered, sitting up as he stretched.

“I thought you were sleeping,” Sunny said quickly.

“I was until someone called help me,” Sungmin groaned and scratched the back of his head.

“Were you here all night?” Sunny asked.

“What makes you think that?” Sungmin replied.

“Your clothes. It just looks wrinkled and you’re a mess,” Sunny muttered.

“Well that doesn’t matter anymore,” Sungmin said and stood up. “So what happened yesterday?”

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” Sunny questioned.

“I don’t know what happened to you, I just came after what happened,” Sungmin replied, crossing his arms as he leaned against the wall. “I don’t have all day. I have a lot of work.”

“All I know is that you came and Ms. Bae locked me up in there. She didn’t want me to see you or something, I don’t know why. It was hot and I was in there for a long time and I fainted and now I’m here with you,” Sunny explained.

“What’s your relationship with her?” Sungmin asked.

“She’s my uncle’s cousin. He had to leave for a business trip and he was afraid that I might need help so he told me to go to here whenever I needed it. He even told me he left some needs and money with her but she took it all and he doesn’t know. Money isn’t important to me but it would help just in case something happened to my sisters but what can I do? Ms. Bae took everything,” Sunny said.

“I knew I shouldn’t have worked with her from the start. I never trusted her,” Sungmin muttered.

“So you believe me? You don’t think I’m lying?” Sunny asked.

“What made you think I would think you’re lying?” Sungmin raised an eyebrow.

“After what happened in the past…” Sunny said.

“You know what, I’m busy. I paid the bills and everything, no need to pay me back. I’m leaving. Here’s money for the taxi ride home,” Sungmin told her before leaving the hospital.

“Why did I say that?” Sunny muttered to herself as she shook her head.

 

“Where is she? She didn’t come home last night,” Taeyeon said, pacing back and forth.

“Maybe she stayed at Ms. Bae’s house,” Tiffany replied.

“You know how much I don’t trust that lady!” Taeyeon shouted.

“Just calm down, she’s fine, I know it,” Jessica told her.

“I need to see her to believe it myself,” Taeyeon said.

“We’re going to be late to work,” Hyoyeon replied.

“So you’re saying work is more important than Sunny?” Taeyeon asked.

“I never said that,” Hyoyeon argued.

“Then you go to work, I’m waiting here,” Taeyeon said as the door open.

“I’m home,” Sunny called.

“Where have you been? We’ve been worried sick!” Tiffany exclaimed.

“Where are the others?” Sunny asked.

“They already left to school and work,” Jessica replied.

“I’m going to get ready for work,” Sunny said.

“Sunny, you didn’t answer our question,” Taeyeon spoke up.

“Where were you last night?” Hyoyeon asked.

“The hospital,” Sunny replied, looking down.

“The hospital? Why?” the girls asked.

“You told me you went to Ms. Bae yesterday,” Taeyeon said.

“I did,” Sunny muttered.

“Then how did you end up at the hospital?” Taeyeon questioned.

“Ms. Bae locked me up in the shed and luckily someone came and helped me when I fainted and took me to the hospital, that’s all,” Sunny said.

“That’s all?” Jessica asked.

“It’s a big deal, Sunny,” Hyoyeon replied.

“Who saved you though?” Tiffany asked.

“We should thank them personally,” Taeyeon said.

“It was Lee Sungmin,” Sunny muttered.

“Lee Sungmin?” they all asked as Sunny nodded.

“He was going to have a partnership with Ms. Bae but after what she did he said he wasn’t going to anymore. I also heard she went to the police station,” Sunny explained.

“In the end the person that hates you, helps you,” Hyoyeon said.

“I don’t think he hates me anymore,” Sunny replied.

“What if he never did?” Tiffany asked.

“Let’s just go to work before we’re all late, I’ll stay with Sunny, you guys go,” Jessica said as the girls nodded and left.

 

"What do you mean I can't get part of his inheritance?" Yesung said on the phone. “Lee Hyukjae can get it but I can’t? That doesn’t make sense at all. I’ll find a way.”

“Snob,” Yuri spoke up as she placed the drink on his desk.

“Excuse me?” Yesung glared at her.

“You’re not getting the inheritance what’s the big deal about that?” Yuri asked.

“Some people need it or they get in trouble when they get home,” Yesung replied.

“So your dad wants you to get the inheritance. Why am I not surprised?” Yuri said sarcastically.

“Do you always have to talk bad about my dad?” Yesung asked.

“He was the one that talked bad about me the last time we actually didn’t hate each other,” Yuri told him.

“You’re annoying, why did I even hire you?” Yesung said.

“You tell me,” Yuri rolled her eyes.

“I don’t understand why you hate me so much,” Yesung muttered.

“I don’t want to discuss this,” Yuri replied as she looked through his paper.

“Let’s make a deal,” Yesung offered.

“Depends. If it involves me being able to live freely then I might consider it,” Yuri said.

“Let’s pretend that the past never happened. Not really starting anew but all the hate goes away,” Yesung told her as Yuri scoffed.

“Now why would I ever do that?” Yuri asked. “Never in a million years will I forget what happened back then.”

 

“Small world,” Joon said on the phone.

“It’s not that I’m uncomfortable with Jinyoung now but knowing he’s Sulli’s little brother, it’s… worrying me,” Tiffany replied while sitting on the bench.

“Don’t let it out on the kid, he didn’t know anything,” Joon told her. “Well I have to go back to work, I’ll pick you up later.”

“Alright, bye,” Tiffany sighed and hung up as she sat at the seat alone.

“Noona, do you not like me anymore?” a voice spoke up.

“Jinyoung, what are you doing here?” Tiffany asked.

“I was at soccer practice,” Jinyoung replied. “Is me being her little brother that uncomfortable?”

“So you heard the whole conversation?” Tiffany sighed.

“What relationship do you have with Siwon Hyung?” Jinyoung asked.

“I…” Tiffany shrugged.

“All I remember is he refused to get married to my sister,” Jinyoung said.

“He did?” Tiffany asked.

“Noona doesn’t want to marry him too but they’re both forced to. My sister listens and obeys orders like crazy, she never does what she wants. Maybe she needs a friend,” Jinyong explained.

“And Siwon?” Tiffany raised an eyebrow.

“He always brought up this girl name Miyoung and how he was dating her but no one listened to him,” Jinyoung said.

“Miyoung?... That’s me,” Tiffany whispered.

“What?” Jinyoung asked.

“You weren’t supposed to hear that,” Tiffany said.

“That’s why you hate Siwon Hyung so much,” Jinyoung muttered. “He’s not a bad guy, he-,”

“I don’t want to talk about it. I’ll take you home,” Tiffany interrupted.

 

“Thanks for taking me home, I’ll see you tomorrow,” Jinyoung waved and ran into the mansion.

“They weren’t joking when they said he was wealthy,” Tiffany sighed. “No wonder why Siwon’s parents would choose her.”

“Can I help you with something?” a voice spoke as Tiffany turned around. “Oh, hi.”

“Hello. I was dropping off Jinyoung,” Tiffany replied.

“So you’re the teacher he’s been talking about,” Sulli smiled.”He admires you a lot.”

“I’m glad he does,” Tiffany said as she looked around.

“Siwon is on his way here,” Sulli told her.

“I’m not looking for him,” Tiffany replied.

“I remember you. I really regret giving you that invitation back then. It was my fault. I don’t want to marry Siwon. One, I don’t love him and also he has you,” Sulli said. “I know some things happened but I hope you won’t hold it against him.” She smiled before walking towards the house as a car pulled up.

“Tiffany! What are you doing here?” Siwon asked, getting out the car.

“I’m about to leave,” Tiffany pointed.

“I won’t hold you back then,” Siwon said.

“Siwon. Is it true that you tried to break off the marriage?” Tiffany whispered.

“Why wouldn’t I?” Siwon replied.

“I just wished you told me, maybe it wouldn’t have turned out this way,” Tiffany mumbled.

“If we could start all over-,” Siwon started.

“I don’t think that’s possible at the moment,” Tiffany said. “I’ll leave now.”

 

"Taeyeon, can you take care of that table? I'm quite busy." Another waitress pointed as Taeyeon looked up.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter