Chapter 53

As Time Goes By
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"That voice..." Donghae muttered, looking at the girl with her hair over her face.

"Right this way," Jessica smiled and looked up at Sandara. Her eyes moved to the male next to her as it widened and she dropped the pen in her hand.

"You?" Donghae clenched his fist and glared at her.

"Donghae?" She whispered softly. 

“You two know each other?” Sandara asked.

“I...” Jessica started until a waiter came. 

“I got it, Sica. This way,” the waiter smiled and took the two to their seat.

“How can this happen? Why me?” Jessica whispered and started heading towards the front desk as she grabbed her things. “My shift is about to end, it won’t hurt if I leave early.” she said to herself.

 

"Yeah, you're pretty. I have something to go to, I'll call you later," Donghae told Sandara as he got up and ran out.

"But-," She started and sighed.

"Where is this girl?" Donghae muttered and saw Jessica heading towards the door. Before she could leave, he grabbed her wrist and started pulling her towards the back of the hotel.

"Let go of me!!" Jessica screamed as she got pushed to the wall.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" Donghae smirked. "How have you been? How many boyfriends have you got lately?"

"You're pathetic," Jessica muttered and walked passed him. 

"Me? You're the one working at a hotel. You're the one that doesn't have an education. You're the one that is a cheater," Donghae replied.

"Stay out of my life then. Don't act like you know me when you don't," Jessica said and left.

 

"Unnie!" Seohyun waved.

"Jessica!" Jinwoon called with his arm around Seohyun's shoulder.

"Hi." Jessica replied looking back.

"What's wrong?" Seohyun asked.

"Nothing," Jessica shook her head.

"Guess who we found?" Jinwoon asked.

"Huh?" Jessica tilted her head.

"It's a surprise~" Seohyun giggled as someone covered Jessica's eyes.

"Guess who?" The voice asked.

 

"Yah!" Donghae screamed while running out but stopped when he saw someone covering Jessica's eyes. He watched then quietly with an eyebrow raised.

"I don't know," Jessica replied as the person let her go and she turned around. "Ahhh!!" She squealed and hugged him. "Jiyong!"

"Sica!" Jiyong laughed and hugged her.

"Who is that?" Donghae muttered as Sandara ran to him.

"Aren't we supposed to meet your mom later?" Sandara asked.

"Right," Donghae nodded and walked off.

 

"When did you get here? How did you get here? Where have you been? How did you find us?" Jessica asked excitedly.

"Slow down with the questions," Jiyong laughed while the four were sitting in the living room.

 "We'll leave you two alone," Jinwoon suggested.

"Ne, let's go see the other Unnies," Seohyun smiled.

"Answer me!" Jessica shook Jiyong.

"After my mom landed the job in Japan, I stayed there and lost contact with you. Recently Joon's mom met up with mine and here I am. I've been back in Korea for a year." Jiyong explained.

"How can I not know?" Jessica laughed.

"Either way, we're all together now, so it's cool." Jiyong said with a thumbs up.

"It is," Jessica nodded. 

 

~Next Morning

"He is?" The girls cheered.

"Yup! Isn't it awesome?" Jessica asked.

"I haven't seen him since middle school!" Tiffany said.

"I can't believe it's been so long," Sunny added.

"It's like the orphanage is coming back all over again," Taeyeon smiled.

"It is, isn't it?" Yuri nodded.

"But we have to get to work now," Sooyoung sighed.

"Work can be fun," Seohyun said.

"That's because you have Jinwoon," Hyoyeon teased and the girls laughed.

"Unnie," Seohyun pouted.

"Come on, hurry and eat up," Taeyeon told the girls.

"Wait, I have something to say," Yoona said and the girls looked at her. "Taecyeon from high school, he's my doctor."

"You should be careful!" Tiffany warned.

"No, he changed," Yoona replied. "He's really smart and caring now. He apologized. People change."

"She's right," Sunny nodded.

"At least it's someone we know, it makes things easier." Yuri told them as the girls nodded.

"And.. I met Donghae," Jessica whispered as the girls' eyes went wide.

"Jessica! Why didn't you tell us. He-," Hyoyeon stopped.

"He was by himself. He was hateful," Jessica said.

"Does that mean the others are here?" Taeyeon asked.

"I didn't see them around," Jessica replied.

"We should be careful," Seohyun said as they quickly finished the dinner.

 

~A Couple Days Later

"So I should pay attention to this guy." Eunhyuk pointed as Butler Lee nodded. "Wow, it's a lot of work." He said.

"But don't worry, your grandpa and I are here," Butler Lee smiled, patting his back and leave the home office.

"I need a break," Eunhyuk said, getting up and walking out as the four kids tackled him to the floor.

"Hyung! Oppa!" The four smiled and helped him up.

"What?" Eunhyuk groaned with a chuckle.

"Let's go eat breakfast at that place!" Yongguk cheered.

"Yeah! It will be fun!" Yongsuk nodded.

"Appa and Grandpa already ate," Yoon Mi added.

"Pretty please, with a cherry on top!" Yeon Mi said with aegyo.

"Don't you have school?" Eunhyuk laughed. 

"It's Saturday," the kids answered making Eunhyuk feel dumb.

"Let's go!" Eunhyuk cheered but stopped when he got a text message. His smile faded a bit before proceeding to walk. "After one stop." He told them and continued to walk.

 

"Make this quick, I have a lot of work to do," Sungmin said, sitting down in the private room. 

"My work is at this restaurant so I can take as long as I want," Ryeowook smirked.

"Some people are busy unlike you," Kibum rolled his eyes.

"I have a date," Kyuhyun added.

"I'm trying to make money and not waste my life," Yesung said.

"Who called us here anyways?" Siwon asked while playing with his phone.

"Me, are you dumb?" Donghae muttered.

"It's just shocking, I don't keep your numbers," Sungmin said with his arms crossed.

"Who's missing?" Yesung asked.

 

Leeteuk walked through the doors of the restaurant a his eyes stopped. He saw a tall waitress and two cooks talking to each other before going back to work. He looked at the short cook who looked like she was having fun. Leeteuk moved around trying to see her face but ended up getting interrupted.

"Over here!" Ryeowook shouted before shutting the door and Leeteuk walked in.

"You're late," Donghae said.

"Eunhyuk is later," Kibum told her and the door opened as Eunhyuk walked in with four kids following him. The guys looked at them with their eyebrows raised. 

"They are?" The other eight asked as the four kids glared at them before holding each others' hands along with Eunhyuk.

"You don't need to know." Eunhyuk replied as they sat down with Eunhyuk.

"They are jerks," Yongsuk muttered.

"I understand, Oppa now," Yoon Mi added.

"I can't believe they don't remember us," Yeon Mi whispered.

"Don't say that," Yongguk hissed and the kids went quiet.

"What do you need?" Eunhyuk asked.

"I saw the witch," Donghae said and the guys looked at him confused. "One of the maids... The sisters." He told them and the guys looked at him wide eyes.

"Where?" Leeteuk stood up.

"You saw them?" Siwon asked.

"They're here?" Kibum whispered.

"I don't care," Yesung said.

"Yeah, they mean nothing to me," Sungmin added.

"What a waste of time calling us here," Kyuhyun told him angrily.

"This is all nothing," Ryeowook crossed his arms.

"Here?" Eunhyuk whispered and the kids looked at him.

"Her?" The kids asked asked happily.

"Why should you care?" The boys asked.

"It does look like you have a family." Donghae said.

"Are you stupid? Shut up," Eunhyuk demanded holding the kids' hands tightly. 

"That's a little rude," Sungmin rolled his eyes.

"At least these kids stayed by my side unlike you guys! Grandpa he-," Eunhyuk stopped an shook his head, pulling the kids towards the door. "You'll see soon through the news. Especially those of you who care for the company you're running." He muttered and left the restaurant. 

"We wanted to eat here, Hyung," Yongguk said.

"I... Lets go eat pizza at the new place, okay?" Eunhyuk replied and the kids nodded. 

"Order for table nine," Hyoyeon called and stopped when she saw the tall male with four kids again. "It's that guy again." She said as the little girl dropped something.

"Oppa, wait!" Yeon Mi called and ran to her bracelet but Hyoyeon got it.

"Here you go," Hyoyeon smiled and handed it to her.

"Thank you," Yeon Mi bowed without looking at her as she ran off.

"Lee-," Yongguk started to call her name before Yeon Mi tackled him and the two ran out.

"Aw, what cute kids," Hyoyeon laughed softly and went back to the kitchen.

 

"She's here... I have to find her," Leeteuk said while walking out of the restaurant and looking around. "But how." He whispered softly.

Taeyeon walked out the restaurant and down the sidewalk happily while playing with her hand. She was busy looking ahead of her without turning around. Leeteuk turned to his left and saw a familiar short figure as he ran towards it. 

"Taeyeon! Taeyeon!" Leeteuk called and grabbed the person's shoulder turning them around. His smile faded as he bowed to the wrong person. "I'm going crazy. I should just be calm. Maybe we'll meet that way." He whispered before turning around. 

Taeyeon's eyes widened as she continued hiding behind the car that blocked her from his view. "He's here too. He's looking for me." She whispered hugging her bag close to her. "Jungsu knows I'm here." 

"Oppa!" Sora called, running to Leeteuk as Taeyeon watched secretly.

"Oh, Sora," Leeteuk greeted when she hugged his arm.

"Why is he looking for me then?" Taeyeon muttered as someone tapped on her shoulder. She let out a squeal and looked at the person, a tall guy. He wasn't too tall but he was handsome and had a cute face for someone his size. "Yes?"

"This is my car," he chuckled as his eyes formed little crescents.

"Oh, sorry," Taeyeon bowed and stood up.

"It's fine," the guy smiled before getting into his car. "Nice meeting you." He waved before closing the door and putting down his window. "Bye." He said before driving off and Taeyeon waved to him.

Leeteuk turned around quickly at the sound of a squeal. Before he could do anything, the girl was waving good bye to a guy and started to run off. "Is it her?"

"Who, Oppa?" Sora asked as Leeteuk pushed her hand away and chased Taeyeon but she was out of sight. "I'm dreaming. It's not her. Park Jungsu, she's not around here." He muttered.

 

"What should we buy for dinner?" Sulli asked.

"Whatever you want to eat," Siwon replied with his thoughts on Donghae's words and the girls. A sound of screaming interrupted his thoughts as he saw a girl pulling a boy by the ear down the aisle. "What's happening there?" He asked and got closer.

"Joon!" Tiffany screamed, pulling his ear.

"Fany! Ow! What?!" Joon yelled in the middle of the grocery store.

"Where did you put the pink ice cream that I put in here?! Where is it?!" Tiffany asked, pointing to the cart.

"Fany, people are staring," Joon hissed.

"Lee Changsun!" Tiffany called.

"Hwang Miyoung!" Joon replied.

"Answer me!" Tiffany whined.

"I put it back, okay? I like the chocolate flavor better." Joon muttered and Tiffany glared at him. "I'll get both, happy?" He asked and Tiffany nodded with a smile. "I'm trying to save money."

"I'm paying too! You're the owner of an acting academy! Grow up," Tiffany laughed and held his hand.

"You grow up," Joon demanded and stuck out his tongue at her. The whole time, Siwon stood still at the whole scene. 

"It's her. They really are here," Siwon whispered, leaving Sulli and making his way towards Tiffany.

"Don't be the boss of me," Tiffany demanded.

"You're mean," Joon pouted.

"That's because you're special~," Tiffany laughed, pinching Joon's nose. The two turned around to see Siwon as Tiffany's eyes widen and Joon stared blankly at him.

"Fany," Siwon called and she tightened her grip around Joon's hand as Siwon's eyes landed on it. "Am I interrupting?" Siwon asked.

"We're busy, leave us alone," Joon demanded, pulling Tiffany along with him while he pushed the cart.

"Tiffany!" Siwon reached out to her other hand but she moved before he could touch her.

"You're a married man now. Move on with your life. I have my own life and it was much better than before," Tiffany replied and left with Joon towards the cashier. 

"Jessica was right," Joon muttered.

"Just forget him, he's nothing," Tiffany said.

 

"Oppa, who was that?" Sulli asked.

"You don't remember her?" Siwon replied and she shook her head a bit. "Never mind, let's just keep shopping."

 

"They didn't even touch anything," Sooyoung muttered while cleaning the table in the private room the boys were in earlier.

"My files!" Ryeowook screamed and ran in as he stopped when he saw the back of the waitress.

"Here you go," Sooyoung bowed and gave it to him before she looked up and froze. Coughing a bit, she went back to cleaning.

"Choi Sooyoung?" Ryeowook asked.

"I don't know you," Sooyoung replied.

"Well get to know me because I'm  the owner of the restaurant that will be working with this place." Ryeowook rolled his eyes.

"Go away! Why are you even here?!" Sooyoung asked.

"Is that a way to treat someone you haven't met in three years?" Ryeowook glared at her.

"Someone that lives like you, yeah," Sooyoung replied.

"If you didn't know, all of us hate each other. We haven't even done anything together for the past three years but yell at each other! No one visits Grandpa and no one knows anything about each other!" Ryeowook screamed.

"You're at fault too! Get out! If you know this then why don't you try to fix it?!" Sooyoung asked.

"Did you try to three years ago? No, you assumed everything. Just be quiet," Ryeowook demanded,

"You were the one that recognized me first," Sooyoung said.

"That's because these three years I.." Ryeowook shook his head. "You won't believe me anyways, why should I try?" He muttered and left the restaurant, passing Hyoyeon without looking at her.

"Was that-," Hyoyeon started.

"Yes," Sooyoung nodded with a sigh.

 

"What?" Kibum asked, staring at Yubin.

"Your father told me to tell you to sort these," Yubin said.

"You're not doing this because I made fun of that blind patient, right?" Kibum asked.

"I don't know," Yubin replied with a shrug as Taecyeon came by. 

"Is she here yet?" Taecyeon asked, not looking up from his clipboard. 

"She should be, in a few minutes," Yubin replied as Kibum raised an eyebrow at Taecyeon.

"You are?" Kibum asked and Taecyeon looked up as Kibum froze a bit.

"Ok Taecyeon, I'm the new doctor, you?" Taecyeon asked.

"Son of the owner of this place. You don't remember me?" Kibum questioned.

"We know each other?" Taecyeon stared at him blankly.

"Never mind," Kibum muttered before someone walked in slowly.

"You're here!" Yubin smiled and ran to her.

"Sorry I'm late. The girls had work and chores so I came here by myself without telling them," Yoona replied.

"I told you to let them take care of you, do you listen?" Taecyeon held her arm softly.

"I don't want to bother them," Yoona said.

"Yah, I need your help," Kibum called to Yubin.

"Who was that?" Yoona asked.

"Don't worry about it," Yubin replied and walked to Kibum. "Alphabetical order. I'll be back." She said, placing Yoona's things down before walking away with the two of them.

"I wonder if she really is blind," Kibum said and grabbed Yoona's file on accident. His eyes scanned the papers and laughed until it stopped at the name. "Im Yoona?"

 

"I'm in a rush, so when that guy comes, ignore him and close up the place, okay?" The owner said before leaving Yuri to herself.

"How am I..." Yuri pouted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter