Stuck In Between.

Best Friend-Zoned

I got stepped out of the bathroom after taking a long, cold shower and finally got changed. I looked towards my bed and found Tiffany talking to someone on the phone.


..


Wait.

 

..

 

If she's playing with her phone on the other hand, how could she be talking to someone else? Unless..

 


!

 

That's my phone! 

 

Tiffany finally noticed me and smirked my way. 'I have a bad feeling about this' I started to feel really nervous. Who is she talking to? 


"Oh~ Jessi is here~ I'll let you talk to her~" I swear I could see Tiff inwardly laughing oh-so-evilly, my way. 


With shaky hands, I reached for my phone and nervously placed it by my ear, scared to know who it is and just what they've been talking about.


"H-Hello?" 

"Jessica unnie~" I know that voice! Oh. My. God. 

"N-Nana?" Please don't be her! Please let it be a different person Tiffany talked to! 

"Hmm~ Yup! It's me~ missed me, unnie?" How can she remain calm? What did they talk about?

"Y-Yeah. I miss you already" I felt a foot kick my back. 'Ouch' I turned to see a glaring Tiffany at me. She didn't say anything though.  I gulped in fear because I know she's shooting daggers at me and probably mentally punching me repeatedly. I shuddered at the thought. She's seriously so scary.  

"Unnie~ let's meet up again sometime~" I smiled at Nana's tone. She's always so sweet and cheesy to me. Girls like her isn't hard to fall for. 

"Sure thing! I'd love that~" I excitedly responded. I'm already grinning just thinking about feeling free. With Nana, I don't stutter, I'm confident. She's so easy going that it influences me and I absolutely love it! 

I felt another kick on my back but this time, it's harder. I couldn't help but whine. "Tiff~ that hurts, you know~" I pouted and gave her a sad look. I could see her eyes widen before looking away, mumbling 'sorry'. My frown turned into a smile as I nodded my head to her. 

"Why did you call Nana?" I asked, curious as to why. 

"Because I want your voice to be the last thing that lingers on my mind before I go to sleep~ maybe, you'll make your way to my dreams somehow~" she giggled. I could feel my cheeks and ears slowly warm up into a dark shade of my most hated colour, pink. 

"Y-Yah! Im N-Nana! How dare you be cheesier than me!" I playfully scolded her. She just laughed it off making me laugh as well. We have a cute relationship.

"Your fault for not thinking about it sooner, unnie~ bleh~" I can feel myself grin at her silliness. "I'll get you back! Just wait. I'll come up with the best lines and watch your face grow beet red~" I smirked. I definitely will! I'm determined. 

"Hmm~ is that so? Sounds like a challenge, I'm down~" I can imagine her seductive smile again. 

"It's already late. Go to sleep" I'm sleepy as well. It's been a long day. Soojung's whining, seeing KhunFany in the café, meeting the gorgeous sweet and adorkable stranger Nana, getting beat up by Tiffany, over here. I am exhausted. 

"Okay~ see you soon Jessica unnie~" 

"Yup! Sweetdreams and have a great sleep~" 

"As long as you're in it, it'll be the best and sweetest dream I'll have~" Aigoo. There she is again~ Player Im. 

"Don't you mean, a nightmare?" I playfully asked.

"If having a dream about you is nightmare, I wouldn't mind suffering everynight~" when is she gonna stop? Her and her smooth words. 

"Okay okay that's enough~ go to sleep~" I could hear her laugh once more before saying goodnight and finally hanging up the phone. 

I placed my phone on the night stand before turning my back. I was greeted my a frowning Tiffany Hwang.


"What's wrong Tiff?" I asked, obviously worried. What did I do?

Instead of answering or yelling at me when she's upset, she didn't. Instead, she just shook her head and grabbed my waist, pulling me close to her. Too close. She made me turn around so she is hugging the me with my back facing her. She leaned her lips to my ear and softly whispered "let's just sleep Jessi. It's been a long day.." I waited for her to say more but she didn't. Instead, she  pulled my body closer to hers, getting rid any space between us. I could only nod. 


I could only hope she doesn't hear the loud banging in my chest. It's drumming musically and not to mention, loudly against my ribs. 


"Jess, calm down. I'm not gonna hurt you, okay? I'm sorry for earlier.. The worst of me dominated and I couldn't do anything. I'm really sorry.." If I could turn around to face her, I would. But she's not allowing me to. She buried her face to my neck, legs tangled with mine, I'm trapped in her arms. 

I didn't say anything but she knows I already forgave her. I know Tiff more than anyone in the world and likewise. No words are needed when we're together. 

"Goodnight Jessi.." She mumbled, almost incoherently, letting sleep take her away. 

I small smile made it's way to my lips. Though she won't hear it, I responded anyway. "Sweetdreams, Tiff." Allowing sleep to take me to dreamland as well. 

 

 


•••


"Jessi~ wake up~" I heard an angel call my name.

"Sleepy head~ it's time to get up~" there goes the voice again.

"Princess~ it's time to leave your throne~" that sweet melody dancing against my ears. It's like a lullaby taking me back to sleep. 

"Jessica Jung! Get your out of bed, now!!" What?

I quickly rose from my bed and saw an angel smiling warmly at me. 

"Thank goodness you're awake! Yuri called earlier! She said you're gonna meet up today at 1 AM. It's already 10:30 missy! And with my calculations, you usually take an hour to shower, plus 30 minutes to get ready. You have to eat breakfast with me as well leaving just enough time to meet with Kwon so drag your lazy self to the bathroom and freshen up!" Ugh! She's worse than my mom! And what's that? Calculations? What? Isn't that too early in the morning for that? 

I groaned dramatically but I headed to the bathroom to shower anyway. Tiffany is very impatient and pissing her off is never good for me. The hits I had to take yesterday is enough for me. I don't want anymore! My face scrunched up in the memory of yesterday's events. The only part I liked is the fact that we ended up well somehow.  


I took a shower and I can say that I'm finally awake! This is good news! 

 

I got changed, fixed my self then headed for the living room. I know she's going to be there because she always finishes about half and hour before me. I finally reached the living room and saw Tiff watching.. Doraemon? 

 

I walked closer to confirm and yes, she is in fact watching Doraemon.. She must be really bored. 


"Ready to go, Tiff?" I saw her stand up. She's wearing a simple skinny jeans with a floral top slightly bigger than her size making her look smaller and adorable. She's also wearing her favourite black leather backpack with little studs. "Fashionable as always~" I gave her a teasing smile. She just scoffed and gave eyed me up and down. "Hmm~ likewise Jessi!" She laughed. 


"Shall we go?" I offered her a hand which she gladly took. "What are you in the mood for?" I asked.

"Anything, really." She answered giving me one of her Totoro grins which to me, will forever be adorable. 

"Okay then~ let's explore~" I raised my fist up the air as a sign of determination making both of us laughed. 'How uncool, Jessica' I mocked myself internally. I don't kind though, I could be worse. 


We chatted all the way to my car and headed off wherever it is that we'd feel like going to. 


I gotta admit, I missed this. When Tiff and I would hang out and just do whatever. 


And judging by how much fun she's having right now, She missed it too.


"I missed this Jessi. I'm having lots of fun!" She squealed excitedly. 


I only chuckled at her childishness before giving her a sweet smile.


"I know, Tiff. I know."

 

 

 

 

TBC.

****************************
Jeti fluff, anyone? :) 

 

You're all so thirsty for an update HAHAHA! 

 

Oh and L O L at your comments^^ just so you know, I do read every single one of them and I really appreciate it every time you leave one. 

 


Thank you so much for Upvoting, Subscribing and most of all, feedbacks! To those Comment, I LOVE YOU. Those who say that this is one of the stories they anticipate the most, I LOVE YOU! For those who say, they love this story, I LOVE YOU! :) 

 

 


Until next time~