Turning Tables.

Best Friend-Zoned
Long chapter? Hahaha~ 
Maybe.
 
 
*****
Chapter 15.
 
 

The wind kissed the walls roughly as a lifeless body sat on the swing, rocking lightly. 

 
She needed to be alone. She had to reflect on her past actions, especially her decision on going out with Nichkhun.
 
Perhaps she did it for the public. They had been pushing her to say yes to him for a while. It eventually got worse. She can't lie, she does find the guy attractive. He had a good built and his eyes sparkled. 
 
But what is the use of that when his attitude is pure garbage?
 
In fact, she is aware of her friends' dislike towards him. And who could blame them? He is a narcissistic, airhead. 
 
She thought she might have been drunk the whole relationship. Was she? 
 
In all honesty, she is envious of Jessica's relationship with Nana. She treats her like a princess and her Jessi is always busy preparing a surprise for her dear lover. 
 
That's always been her dream. To find a lover who will look at her like she's the most precious thing, one has ever seen. She also loved surprises, the thought of someone taking the time to put effort on her, excited her to the depths of her heart. She loved it. 
 
That's why she loved her bestfriend, because she's full of surprises. Tiffany smiled as the flashback of her birthday two years ago, came to her. 
 
She didn't see Jessica that morning. She had gone missing that afternoon as well. Tiffany was worried for her bestfriend. She was always around on the girl's special day. She got upset at her bestfriend because she thought that the latter forgot her special day and went out with someone else. But once 11:50 PM came, she received a text message from Jessica. 
 
"Tiff. Please open your gate." 
 
Tiffany took a deep breath and rushed downstairs, she was ready to scold and potentially shower her with punches for missing Tiffany's birthday. Once she opened the door, all her angst and stress instantly melted as the sight of Jessica with a Red Velvet cake, invaded her.
 
"I'm sorry for being late, Tiff. I had things to take care of.." She noticed the way the girl stuttered with the tone of uncertainty. It was a little suspicious, like she was hiding something from her bestfriend but the overwhelming feeling she had overpowered the doubt which led her into just letting the thoughts pass.
 
They went into the living room and placed the delicious looking cake that was especially baked for Tiffany. Jessica had to beg Irene and Wendy to bake the pastry for her bestfriend. And boy were they paid a lot that morning. 
 
"It's 11:59. Blow your candle Tiff. Happy Happy Birthday." Tiffany closed her eyes and wished with all her heart and finally put out the fire. 
 
 
After the meal, the older of the two excused herself to retrieve a gift from her car. And item she ordered all the way from Japan just for Tiffany. 
 
Once she came back, tears automatically pooled on the birthday girl's eyes feeling thankful and still unable to grasp the fact that Jessica bought her a life size totoro doll that Tiffany has been whining about for months. 
 
She gently laid the gift on the couch and pounced on the older girl, clinging like a Koalabear. They spent the night fooling around, singing and drinking like they always did in the past. 
 
 
 
 
Tiffany found out days later that Jessica had gone missing because she had been stuck in the hospital. She was sent due to her asthma. She started excessively coughing the day before due to all the running she had to do, preparing for Tiffany's birthday. She wasn't released until late afternoon on her bestfriend's special day. 
 
 
Tiffany continued to reminisce about her past with whom she considers as one of the most precious people in her life. 
 
 
"Tiff! What the hell are you doing there?" A voice called out to Tiffany.
 
She must've gone crazy because now she is hearing Jessica's voice. She only blinked dumbly after the thin figure was right in front of her, hugging her tightly. 
 
"I knew you'd be here. Why are you all alone? Did something happen?" She felt a gentle hand running up and down her back, giving her the comfort and security that she has longed for the whole day. All she wanted to do was cry, let out the pain she did not know she was holding. In only took Jessica's arms to pull her closer, and Tiffany's walls crumbled. Tears streamed down her face for what seemed like eternity to her and yet, Jessica hugged her the whole time and never failed to whisper sweet words to her. She didn't ask what happened and that's all Tiffany needed at the moment.
 
Once she calmed down a little, the crying girl inhaled a lungful of air, hoping to get some courage to speak up. 
 
She wasn't very sure why she just broke down earlier.
 
Maybe it was because of her boyfriend. Or as of now, she considers as her ex. Maybe it was because of the realization that she just wasted months of her life with a guy that was clearly not worthy of her. All the times wasted. Time she could've spent with her gang.
 
It was kind of funny how she's realizing all of this now. She was brainwashed by the fact that the guy could speak English, he was charming, popular, was gentleman when trying to pursue Tiffany and he knew how to flatter. She fell a little. 
 
A chilling breeze made contact with Tiffany's skin which resulted her body to voluntarily shudder. 
 
Of course, not going unnoticed to Jessica, as if it was a reflex, she immediately wrapped her favourite hoodie around the girl, rubbing her sides to provide more warmth. Unknown to her, just the scent of her enveloping Tiffany was enough to keep the girl warm. 
 
Vanilla, along with a hint of fruity smell was the fragrance that the younger girl loved the most. That is why she was extra clingy with Jessica. Because the girl was a walking air freshener.
 
She literally made the air fresher just by walking.
 
Smelling her made Tiffany feel like she was floating on clouds and walking on rainbows. And she was sure that that's how she made others feel too. 
 
She noticed the way Nana buried her face in her bestfriend's neck. The way she liked to cling on Jessica and hug her every moment she could. Not in a needy manner but a very cute, possessive way. 
 
Tiffany was envious because Jessica has always been hers and hers alone. She was the only one who could burst Jessica's personal bubble. They have been a duo since youth and now that Jessica finally got a lover that was not Tiffany, she felt a little bitter. 
 
Maybe it was her fault for being with someone like Nichkhun. Who everyone thought was perfect though he was nothing but a judgemental prick.
 
 
All of Tiffany's thoughts were thrown out the window when she felt a soft and warm feeling on her cheek.
 
 
It was Jessica's lips. 
 
 
"Take it easy Tiff. Just know it wasn't your fault, okay? Mistakes are just another way of learning and growing as a person." Jessica whispered softly. She softly patted Tiffany's head before offering a hand. "Let's go?" 
 
"Go where?" Tiffany tried to play it cool but she knew fully well that her heart was racing unstoppably. She hung her head lowly trying to hide the blush that was creeping from her cheeks. If that wasn't enough, her ears are burning hot as well. 
 
"Home? Where else? Hahaha. You're getting old Tiff. You've been spacing out way more than I have." She chuckled.
 
"Oh right. Let's go then." Tiffany let out a shy smile.
 
"Prepare your eyes. We might witness  little Jung and Hwang getting naughty at home." Jessica joking said, laughing loudly. 
 
 
They walked hand in hand on a cloud full night, laughing and sharing stories along the way. 
 
 
Just like they always have
 
 
***
 
Truthful enough, what the older Jung said about the little Jung and her lover was true. 
 
The lights were off on the living room so Tiffany and Jessica thought that the couple were either already sleeping or out on a date.
 
But once the light switch was pressed on. 
 
 
Oh boy were they wrong about the two sleeping. 
 
JeTi duo could see the older of the JungLi on casually leaning back on couch with Krystal sitting on her lap. 
 
 
Make out.
 
 
They were making out. 
 
 
Tiffany's jaw was hanging due to the overly hot session they were currently witnessing. Jessica on the other hand  was doing nothing but smirking because she saw it coming. She felt the earlier when she went home. 
 
She thinks it was because of the movie they watched. 
 
Jessica wanted to burst into laughter seeing her sister totally into what they were doing. The little Jung's eyes were closed so she didn't notice her sister presence while Sulli had her back turned to the two. 
 
Their little hot action lasted for a while long more before they finally had to part due to the shortness of breath. Once Soojung moved her head away from her girlfriend's, her eyes roamed to the side and finally seeing her sister and Tiffany. 
 
And with that, she ended up on the floor.
 
Tiffany was giggling uncontrollably while Jessica was dying of laughter after seeing Krystal's reaction. Jinri turned her head to the door's direction and they swore that her eyes were going to pop out seeing the older two. 
 
Jessica's legs gave out and she ended up on the ground, tearing up from laughter. She decided to stand again after her sister and Sulli stood straight beside each other, tense as a pole.
 
They saw the older two's evil smirk on their faces, causing their cheeks to burn more. Sulli was bright red while baby Jung was pink and full of glares. In her mind, she was killing her sister after catching her getting it on. 
 
I mean, it was normal, right
 
It's normal for teenagers to have active hormones and experience fun things in life. 
 
"Jessica Unnie.. Tiffany Unnie.." Sulli was the first one to break the silence.
 
Jessica decided to have a little fun.
 
"Don't worry little sis. I'm not telling dad. But you know, next time you should try it somewhere more private. Like, your room per se." She winked at the couple which resulted into a giggling Tiffany which of course, had to add on to that as well.
 
"Aigoo. My little Jinri is growing up. I'm proud of you. Those are some moves you've been hiding. Feeling her legs, eh? Nice!" The eye smiling queen wiggled her eyebrows at her baby cousin which seems not so little anymore. 
 
Krystal, wanting the embarassment to end, grabbed her lover's hand and led her to the room. 
 
"Make sure to use protection! And don't be too loud." JeTi shouted in sync before laughing their asses off. 
 
"So? Would you like to come to my room? Or do you want me to drive you home?" 
 
"If it isn't too much.. Can I sleep over, Jessi?" It's Tiffany's turn to be shy.
 
Jessica just stared at her weirdly like what she had just said was nonsense. 
 
"Tiff, are you sure you're okay? You've been sleeping over since forever and sometimes you don't even ask. You just sleep on my bed. You know I will always say yes. You never have to ask." Jessica smiled genuinely, grinning even. 
 
"Why are you.. So sweet?" Tiffany asked dreamingly.
 
"Because I always have my coffees with extra sugar." The latter joked. Chuckling lightly. 
 
 
 
 
"Can I have you then? With extra sugar?" Tiffany asked dumbly. She just blurted without thinking.
 
 
"Tiff, what?" Jessica wasn't sure she heard her bestfriend correctly. Why was Tiffany acting so weird all of a sudden?
 
 
The girl realizing what she just said ended up fidgeting on her spot, fumbling with her fingers. Stuttering badly as she answered.
 
"I said, y-yes. I know you l-like your c-coffee with e-extra sugar." She wanted to dig up an endless pit and jump, in order to stop embarrassing herself. 
 
"You're adorable as always. Now come on. Let's go to bed." Jessica ruffled Tiffany's hair, flashing a gentle yet blinding smile before taking the shy girl's hand leading them to her room. 
 
The always observant Jessica didn't notice but too many things were going on.
 
 
 
 
Tiffany's emotions were out of control. 
 
She was shy. 
 
Nervous.
 
Her heart beats in a crazy manner whenever Jessica is with her.
 
This never happened before, so why now?
 
Why does she blush at the sight of Jessica's smile?
 
Why does her stomach churn wildly when she hears Jessica's sweet voice?
 
Why does Jessica's scent drive her high?
 
And Jessica has held her hand and ruffled her hair, millions of times before. 
 
So why does she feel different now? 
 
 
Why now?
 
 
..
 
 
But wait, wasn't this supposed to be how Jessica feels?
 
 
Oh how the tables have turned. 
 
 
Now, it's Tiffany who falls.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
TBC
 
*******
 
WHUTT WHUTT.
 
So, it's my birthday! Yay! 
 
..  I'm getting old TT_TT
 
Anyway, I wanted to share my special day with you all so I decided to update. :D 
 
Thank you so much for all the support you have given me and the feedbacks about my story~ I appreciate you all and I do read every single comment you have. ^0^ 
 
I hope you like my update~ 
 
 
I heart you all. With all my soul! <3
 
 
Until then~ 
-The most indecisive and random person ever. Heart heart~