Her Turn.

Best Friend-Zoned

Meh. Prepare yourselves for a fluffy-ish chapter :3

I missed my readers very much :3

Happy reading~

**************

Cont'd.

 

The sun was out shining and a certain blonde was out of her mind. Oh how she missed her dear air conditioner, miserably. 

 
She was sweaty.
 
Yes, everyone. Jessica Jung was sweaty. 
 
Why is she even there, she wondered. It wasn't her idea. She never would agree to the thought of doing work on a Saturday, her lazy day. Yet her oh-so-smart gang, decided that it was time for some vitamin D. And no, they were surely not out to tan. She would've preferred it that way. Oh no, they were there for preparations. Her eventful proposal.
 
For Nana, of course.
 
She had to admit, she was against the idea of asking someone out officially while unsure of her own feelings, yet the loud and hard, I must say, smack upside the head that she received from Yuri, seemed to change her mind quite well.
 
Forceful, but it definitely worked. 
 
The more she thought of it, the more she liked it. Nana is gorgeous, nice, humble, friendly, she laughs at Jessica's jokes which usually results to pin dropping silence, but Nana was different. And she loved it. 
 
Nana, not to mention is single. 
 
Something Jessica needed in someone.
 
Maybe the whole idea of perspiring due to hard work was new to her but she's willing to try. 
 
It's about time her happiness comes first, right? 
 
 
**
 
"Urgh. This is so cheesy. Why are we doing this? Isn't giving her a rose and asking her out, enough?" A certain shortie grumbled.
 
They have been at it for hours. The responsible one being Sunny and Yuri did not allow anyone to take a break. 
 
"Shut your trap, Taengoo! And it was your idea to plan this whole thing!" Her lover proclaimed.
 
The taller of the two just kept mum and sulkily continued her job. She knew that arguing would just lead her into a deep mess. 
 
"Can't we take a break? Seriously, I'm hungry." 
 
A few minutes of silence and someone decided to break it again.
 
"Aish. What ever. I'm sick of your complaints. Okay guys! 2 hours of break so do what you'd like but I expect your asses to be back here on time, got it?" 
 
Like their lives depended on it, the gang hurried away from work. They have been working so hard, Hyoyeon even claimed it was abuse of their labour rights, in which Yuri just responded saying she was being overly dramatic.
 
By the good 5 hours they had spent working on Jessica's extravagant proposal, they accomplished a massive amount of work.
 
The grand piano was in place, rose petals were covering the once, dusty and intolerable gym floors, they even went around with air fresheners just to make sure the mood would be perfect. Because who wouldn't want to get asked inside a worn out gym with a foul smell of athletes' hard work. 
 
Jessica was surprisingly the one who did most of the work. She accomplished most of the work which is almost an impossible sight, with and exception of soccer, of course. She helped with the roses, interior designs, buying air fresheners, running in order to make sure everything looks perfect from the  highest bleachers. She wanted everything to go as planned.
 
She's gonna ask her tonight, and she had to make sure. Since Tiffany isn't around, she's more comfortable doing all. 
 
Nana was gonna be hers.
They will be happy together.
She will be happy.
She knows. 
Her efforts will definitely pay off.
 
Though right now, she fell asleep immediately due to exhaustion, she knows she will be miserably working again later under the dreaded sunny day but she will do it with a positive mind. 
 
Jessica Jung is a softie, but she does everything with a great mindset.
 
 
**
 
A few more torturous hours past until they finally finished the preparations. Everything was set, everything was in place. She asked Nana to meet her in the school's gym to discuss something in which the latter happily complied to. 
 
They also called Tiffany saying that everything was ready to go and that her presence was needed for support. Tiffany complained about why the girls didn't ask for her help in which the spokesperson, Sooyoung then answered, "No, thank you Fany-ah. First of all, we do not want headaches from the pink that you will definitely force on as a theme and second, you were out on a date with your 'babe' and we'd hate to interrupt." The girl became quiet of guilt in which was broken after Taeyeon asked her to show up later. She then hesitated but after getting aggressively nagged by the youngest about how the gang never does anything with a missing member, she eventually agreed.  
 
 
**
 
A few minutes until showtime when a certain eye smiling girl, showed up. 
 
"What's wrong with you? You're never late! It's almost time to go! Jessica is dressed already."
 
"Sorry, sorry! I got caught in traffic."
 
Yoona knew that was a lie. Traffic around this time? What a joke. Around eight o'clock pm is when the road is the clearest and quietest. She knows because she loves driving at this hour. Birds humming, night breeze, the scent of fresh grass and certainly no signs of cars anywhere. She just hummed in response and pretended not to catch the way Tiffany bit her lip as a sign of anxiousness. She internally smirked. Tiffany was nervous about the possibility of Jessica and Nana dating and she knew that. 
 
Victory is good to them. 
 
 
"Hello?" 
 
A very soft and delicate voice echoed through the dimly emitted gym when a tall and skinny figure made her way out of the shadows and out to everyone else. 
 
"Guys, it's time." Yoona mumbled to her earpiece, signalling the girls to get ready in their positions. 
 
"Roger that." She could hear Jessica softly whispered, wary evident in her tone. She is nervous. 
 
"There she is." Yoona grinned once Jessica came in the middle of the stage, with the theatre curtains still closed.
 
From her side, she saw Tiffany with an unreadable expression plastered on her face. The second youngest's smile grew wider, while Tiffany was slowly getting fidgety.
 
"Soo unnie, cue." Yoona directed. 
 
"Yep." The girl answered back as the spotlight flashed, brightening a certain spot on stage.
 
"Hyo unnie, your turn." She cued once again.
 
The curtains slowly opened, revealing none other than Jessica. Yoona wanted to laugh out loud at the situation but having a passive Tiffany beside her, she would rather suppress her amusement. 
 
"Sunny unnie! It's time." The whole room grew brighter than earlier with the spotlight still stealing attention above everyone else. With the sight of the place, Nana gasps at the flower petals that laid gorgeously on the floor. The pleasant aroma of vanilla and strawberries became more known to her, as she inhaled a lungful more of the calming scent. 
 
But nothing distracted and pleased her more than the girl on stage, nervously fiddling with the hem of her sweater. Nana couldn't help but grin at the sight of the girl who never once failed to cease a genuine smile on her thin lips. 
 
It's a cute sight. Jessica stood out.
 
It's quite an adorable situation actually, though the place would usually require the host to wear a classy and mouth gaping dress, Jessica had a different plan in mind. Instead, she wore her casual, black ripped skinny jeans, an oversized hoodie with the words 'please?' Boldly printed across its chest and her favourite dirty but loved, white converse shoes. 
 
They all thought it was weird, but it surprisingly worked. It suited Jessica more than one would think which brought pleased smile on everyone's faces. Even Tiffany's. Not that she would admit it. 
 
"Hey, I know that I called you here because I said I wanted to discuss something with you, which is not entirely a lie but as you could probably tell by now, you're here for something more than that." Jessica explained in between her stuttering moments.
 
"Can you come closer please? Or better yet just come up here on stage with me? Because my eyes are seriously getting blind and tired from the brightness and also too much squinting. Spare me Nana!" A giggle echoed through the room after hearing Jessica's whiny yet adorable pleading, the latter hurried her way through the stage.
 
"Hey." A shy Jessica reviewed herself after the latter has finally set a foot on stage.
 
"Hey there, gorgeous." Nana greeted, flashing a flirty wink to her almost lover. 
 
"Yah! Don't do that! I'm supposed to be the one talking here! I worked hard, you know!" Another whine came out though a clear blush was evident in her face. 
 
"Come sit with me by the piano then. And don't speak for now okay? Just listen to what I have to say to you. Um, I have never been good at expressing myself so you're just gonna have to bear with it okay?" Jessica lead the way to the grand piano, making herself comfortable beside Nana. She breathed deeply before running her fingers across each key, preparing herself for her performance. She tried to stay calm but her heart was pounding erratically against her chest, wanting to leap free.
 
*
 
Behind the stage, a victorious Yoona and grim Tiffany are spotted together. Both were mumbling inaudible words with the difference, Yoona was mumbling directions to the girls, being a stage manager, meanwhile Tiffany was mumbling curses and incoherent words with her fist tightly but unknowingly curved into a ball as if a huge fight was about to go down. Tiffany was ready to fight what it seems like the brawl of the century. 
 
"Maknae-ah! Goodluck!" Tiffany's train of thought was broken once Seohyun rushed out to the stage with a violin in hand, helping her precious unnie on a musical piece. 
 
A few moments later and a familiar melody flooded the air. Tiffany became surprised because she knew this song by heart. It was her best friend's favourite. 
 
"Please don't tell me.." She whispered to herself. Don't get her wrong, she loves the song, but the thought of Jessica singing that to someone else, makes her experience a strange feeling in her stomach. 
 
She remembered the day Jessica told her that she doesn't sing anymore so whoever she sings to is someone very special to her. Unconsciously, Tiffany's grasp on the hem of her shirt became tighter, guaranteeing wrinkles in a few.
 
She will never forget this song. The song that Jessica practiced hard to perfect. She was a witness of her best friend's everyday struggle memorizing the right keys and lyrics of the song. She will never forget the girl's groans and grumbling, almost giving up. Jessica was the reason she cherished this song. Jessica made it special. 
 
Can I call you my own?
And can I call you my lover?
Call you my one and only girl
(Can I) call you my everything
Call you my baby?
You're the only one who runs my world
 
Jessica's voice along with the help of her heartwarming piano piece and Seohyun's brilliant violin talent to accompany the beautiful moment. The mixture of melodies echoed through the room as the girls smiled in content seeing a look of happiness on the former's face. Yoona signalled Sunny to heighten up the volume and let the whole nation, hear their precious soft hearted angel's voice. It was about time she confessed to someone she likes, someone who recognizes her feelings and intentions and someone who likes her back. They all cherish JeTi and that is never gonna change but for now, maybe JeNa is the best option. 
 
The melody in the air eventually died down, meaning that the song has ended and it was the most unnerving part of the night for Jessica. She knew to herself that she likes Nana, she's been attached to the girl since their first encounter. 
 
She was about to speak when a "romantic".. Well, more like "finger curling" music started filling the air making Jessica and a few of the girls, cringe internally.
 
Yoona was behind all of this and no one can stop her evil yet very cheesy schemes. The little troublemaker causes everyone headaches yet her motto always goes "sorry not sorry".
 
Her snickers grew louder once she turned her head to Tiffany's way. She was practically laughing out loud yet the girl does not seem to hear it one bit. She was way too focus on every word that came out of the blonde's lips, listening to every sound that Jessica creates.
 
Her feelings cannot be put in words. It just can't. She did not understand herself. She wanted to do everything that's regrettable.
 
She wanted to run to her bestfriend.
But that's wrong.
She wanted to stop her confession.
But she can't do that. 
She wanted to scream, to yell, to interrupt.
But it's Jessica's happiness that relies in this confession,
And she would never sabotage that.
 
With every word that Jessica says, her heart beats erratically as if the words are said to her and not someone else.
It's wrong.
So wrong
She is seeing someone else and starting now, so is her bestfriend. She can not feel this. She is not supposed to. 
 
"..Nana, you have really made me happy the past months. Everytime I am with you, I'm content. I'm happy with the world. I forget about everything else. It feels like it's just the two of us alone. I really really like you. Could you give me a chance? Would you be mine and give us a chance?" Jessica finished shyly. Not forgetting to scratch her nape due to the embarrassment. Never once has she confessed like this. 
 
Before Tiffany's eyes became clouded with tears and somehow finding herself alone and cowardly locked up inside the bathroom stall, the last sight she remembers was Nana's arms tightly wrapped around Jessica's neck, pulling the latter into her arms for a bear hug as a loud and clear
 
"Yes." 
 
Was heard. 
 
 
 
Tiffany didn't know why. She honestly didn't. But she now finds herself crying silently inside a stall. Muffling her pains away. She wanted to scream, to get away, to forget. Yet all she did was stay frozen in place with her tears, flowing endlessly. Filling her eyes uncontrollably just like how pain is taking over her chest unstoppably. 
 
Maybe the tables have turned.
 
And it really is Jessica's time to be happy. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
TBC.
 
**********************
HiHoHiHo~
 
HELLO. Who missed me? Comment if you did! Let me know you missed ME, you readers! Please me I have the key to this story XD jk. Subscribe or possibly upvote if you liked it? Idk. It's up to you :3
 
Anyway, this was random actually. I didn't plan to write an update. Not at all. But since I had ideas in mind, might as well, right? Hahaha~ 
 
I hoped you all liked it :3
It was long and it took my hours especially using my phone ._.
Let me know what you think!
 
Until next time~ 
Bai Bai :D
 
-Kay.