PaboJung

Best Friend-Zoned

I just want to say thanks for subscribing and I enjoy reading the comments by the way. Please leave one^^ :) Though, I just wrote this story out of boredom and I'm trying everyway to not study for my finals >< I know I'm a bad kid hahaha oh well^^ I really appreciate you guys who enjoy this story. I'm a weird and random person and my mind flies around most of the time but please bear with me^^ I'll try my best to do well :)

Don't give up on me please~~ (TT^TT) lol

 

 

*PREPARE YOURSELVES FOR AN EXTREMELY RANDOM CHAPTER.*

You've been warned.

Anyways, Enjoy :)

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

 

"Okay guys! Another lap!" As a Captain, I ordered them.

 

 

 

"But captain.. That makes it 26 laps and we're only supposed to do 5!" One of my team mates, Bora whined.

 

"Oh is that so? For talking back, make that 5 more laps!" I know, I'm feeling extra heartless today. Its  just that.. Ugh! blame her! that stupid Hwang Miyoung!

"Yah! Bora you idiot! We would've been done if you didn't complain!!" One of the other girls, Yewon, smacked Bora's head making her stumble. 

 

My poor babies.. Fine.. Fine, I kinda feel bad..

"Okay! That's enough, girls! Seolhyun! Amber! grab yourselves a ball and Rock-Paper-Scissors, to choose who you want in your team! I'm not playing because that wouldn't be fair" I heard a series of 'Yes captain!' some even jumped with joy because finally, they're done doing warm ups or hell laps as they call it. 

 

"You're gonna play a game. A game to three goals, okay? Whoever loses gets to treat the other team for snacks after, clear?" 

"YES CAPTAIN! You're the best!" Jimin shouted along with the rest of the group as they started playing.

I walked to the bleachers to grab my water bottle but I didn't realize someone followed me there. 

 

 

"So, what's up? You surely didn't make us run 28 laps for nothing, Captain" She emphasized the word Captain. Without even looking back, I already know who that voice belongs to. Vice Captain Son.

"Shouldn't you be with them playing, Wendy-ah?" Please let this one go..

"Nope! It's fine unnie! I'm in Amber's team. They said they'll put me when we start losing." she chuckled. "But you didn't answer me unnie! what happened? Something about Tiffany unnie, I'm guessing?" Aish this girl! so much for avoiding the topic..

I just remembered again.. Stupid Tiffany! Stupid stupid stupid! Ugh! She tells me I'm hers and gets mad when someone asks me out but there she goes, flirting around with every guy she comes across. Sigh.

"Yeah.. I saw her earlier flirting and giggling with what's his face? The Thai guy? Something-khun!" I don't know what's so funny but Wendy here started laughing her head off. I just stared at her dumbly, waiting for an answer.

"Sorry unnie but that was just so funny! You must really hate him for not even remembering his name. Literally everyone knows him unnie! it's Nichkhun oppa, the Thai prince" Wendy finally calmed down.

I just shrugged as a response. "It's not like I need to know his name to live. And his name isn't even that pretty" 

Wendy just chuckled "Gosh unnie, you are so bitter! anyway, I gotta go my team needs me" I just waved though she wouldn't see it.

 

"Jessi!" Oh god! please tell me I'm hallucinating! Please!

Too late. She already took the space beside me that Wendy was sitting at earlier.

"Hey, Tiff. It's late already. Why are you still here?" 

"Why? You don't want me here?" She pouted. This kid, really..

"Tiff, I just asked why you're still here" I patted her head to get rid of that tempting pout.

"Oh. Well, I just finished cheer practice! Why aren't you playing with them Jessi?" she asked curiously. 

"It wouldn't be fair if I played with them, so I decided to just sit back. I practiced alone this morning so it doesn't matter." 

"Okay, then I'll just hang out here until I have to go. " she grinned. I have a bad feeling about this..

"You're going somewhere?" I asked. Please say it's not what I'm thinking..

"Yeah! Nichkhun oppa asked if I wanted to have dinner with him and I said yes! So we're going for American food later! I can't wait!~" She squealed. That's it. I'm outta here.

 

"CAPTAIN!! IT'S OVER! OUR TEAM WON!" Seolhyun shouted while jumping and running around in excitement. Thank goodness! great timing! 

"I gotta go Tiff! I need to wrap up this practice" I didn't look back as I just jogged straight to the field. My heart is still burning from her news. Stupid for not knowing my feelings! For telling me though I don't want to know!

 

"Amber's team! Since you guys lost 2-3, It means you have to buy the other team some snacks, okay? And If I hear that you didn't keep your promise, 50 laps for every single one of you. No complaints or I'll add 50 pushups with that, got it?" I looked at every single one of Amber's team, giving them a stern look that makes them follow every single order I have. I could see them gulp in fear. Hmm~ Great job Jessica~

"Y-yes, c-captain! Right, guys?" Amber asked. "R-Right!" I smirked in satisfaction. Cute. "That's it for today girls! Shower, get changed then go buy some food." they all lined up on Wendy's lead. "1-2-3" Then they all bowed at me and ran straight to the locker room, probably dying to freshen up. You know, girls.

 

I was about to put away the soccer balls when I heard a certain choding's voice. "Sica-yah!~" Oh no.. More trouble.. why didn't I realize that Yuri also had a basketball practice today! PABO SICA!

"Yeah? What do you want Yuri-ah?" I didn't look her way and just continued organizing our soccer equipments.

"Wow! harsh much? Anyway, I was just checking up on you to see how you're doing! I'm sure you've heard about Tiffany going on a date with Nichkhun. Everyone's talking about it! and I saw them talking sweetly outside just now, Fany even playfully punched him on the shoulder, a gesture she does only to you" I felt my eyes glare at nothing in particular as I balled my fist, tightly. Dammit! I've had enough! First, I see them flirting then Tiffany personally tells me she's going out on a date with him and then there's Yuri rubbing it all in my face with specific details I did not ask for!

"You know Kwon, If you came here just to rub it in my face then I suggest you leave now before I kick you out, literally." I gave her one of my coldest glare but being one of my close friends, she didn't even show any kind of fear or intimidation, though she raised both of her arms, playfully surrendering.

"Whoa there! Down girl. I'm here to help you out Sica-yah! I'm the queen of mischievousness and I can help you with this situation" Help make it worse you mean.. "I'm serious Sica! I really do have a plan!" She whined, trying to convince me. I only nodded in response, even though I'm never going to agree, I want to know what kind of conspiracy this girl has in mind. "Well, First of all, we're gonna need to find you a girlfriend" hearing the g word sent shivers down my spine. As if a reflex, I immediately shook my head, no. 

"YAH KWON YURI! Have you lost your marbles!? What are you saying?" before she could say more, I quickly packed up and ran to the locker room to take a shower but before I could enter, I heard her shout again. "I'll tell you more about it later!" That girl is seriously crazy. Her way of thinking scares me.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

I'm good~ I'm hot~ I'm fresh~ I'm fly~ 

Showers really are refreshing! I feel so cool, cool~ I changed into my casual clothes. I can't wait to go home and sleep. I am tired. Gosh this day drained me out. La la la la!

 

"Jessi!! There you are! I've been waiting for you!" I looked back to see Tiff smiling brightly at me. I was going to smile back but then I saw him behind her. I could see their fingers were intertwined. Jessica, calm down.. No need to get jealous. She's just your bestfriend and she doesn't see you as anything more. I reminded myself. Being her bestfriend, I opened my arms and welcomed her for a hug. I could see her letting go of that khun guy and she ran straight at me almost tackling me to the ground. I can feel her arms wrapping tightly around my waist. "You smell amazing Jess" I could hear her mumble as she buried her face on my neck, inhaling my scent. Tiff, stop. Oh gosh! I heard a scoff from a good distance only to find that it came from the "Thai prince"  I just gave him one of my infamous blank stare. 

 

"Tiffany, don't you think we should go now?" The annoying guy interrupted our hug. 

"Oh.. right. Bye Jessi! See you later~ I might come over later~" Tiffany broke our hug and went back to to him.

"Bye Jessica-ssi" He gave me a smug look and mockingly waved at me. If only Tiffany wasn't dense as a rock then she would've realized that she's going out with a jerk. 

"Bye Tiff" I gave Tiffany a warm smile before leaving and never even sparing a glance at her date. Tch. I jogged to my car and quickly left not wanting to see a second more of 'Khunfany' as people put it. Can't she see, JeTi is clearly better? bigger fandom and way more people ship us? but I guess she doesn't pay attention. Tiffany is too innocent. She's too dense. Too clueless. Sigh. 

 

I finally arrived home! Thank goodness! I was gonna greet my sister but then I saw a couple comfortably cuddling on the couch. These two are really cute together! Too cheesy! Since their backs are facing me, they did not seem to notice my presence. 

"Ehem! You two should get a room~" I teased. Fast as lightning, the two quickly turned their heads at my direction and shyly straightened out. The taller of the two stood up and bowed at my direction. "H-hi Jessica u-unnie! We w-weren't doing anything, I s-swear!" Sulli stuttered, obviously embarassed that I caught the two being overly sweet with each other. It's not anything new, to be honest. My family knows Sulli fairly well being Krystal's 'girlfriend' and all.. Well, pretty much. Apparently they are not official because my sister is too much of a chicken to confess and ask her out formally. I guess it runs in the family. The only difference is that Sulli actually likes her back. Aigoo these two~

"Nice to see you again Jinri-ah~ Was my sister behaved?" I sent a teasing look at my sister, wiggling my eyebrows up and down. I could see both of their cheeks slowly turning red. Aww~ 

"Unnie! don't be like that~ Eyyy~ Just go to your room and sleep! You look like a mess!~" Krystal meronged. Cute. Krystal is usually cute, yes but her cuteness overflows when Sulli is around. Lovesick fool.

"Okay okay, my dear sister~ I know you just want your alone time with Sulli~ I'll be going now then~ Carry on~" I flashed an innocent smile at my sister before running to my bedroom. Being her older sister, I know fully well that if I stayed for a second more, I'll end up with a throw pillow on my pretty face. Before shutting my bedroom door completely, I peeked outside and saw Sulli hugging her 'baby' trying to calm her down. They're obviously crazy for each other. Kids these days~ 

 

I was about to change to my comfortable clothes when I recieved a message from.. Krystal? 

From: Whiny Sis

         "Unnie! You're just jealous because you can't spend time with Tiffany unnie! Too bad you're not Nichkhun oppa who's out on a date with her right now! Blehhh~ :P"

Received. 7:43 PM

 

WHAT THE! THAT BRAT!! I quickly typed out a reply.

 

To: Whiny Sis

     "Yah! Jung Soojung! How dare you! Where did you hear that from?!" 

Sent. 7:45 PM

 

*BEEP*

 

From: Whiny Sis

         "From Sulli. Tiffany unnie said that she'll pick Sulli up later because she's still busy on her date. Jealous much, unnie? kekeke"

Received. 7:48 PM

 

Oh so you want to play that game, sis? hmm~ Alright!~

 

To: Whiny Sis

     "Tease me one more time and I'll tell Sulli about that secret scrapbook of yours hidden in the very left corner of your closet, your scrapbook with nothing but her pictures on it and comments about how pretty she is, how pink her lips are, how pretty her eyesmile is, ect. Don't try me, sis. You know I'll do it >:)" 

Sent. 7:52 PM

 

Hah! That should shut her up! I could hear her squeal from the living room. I must've done a great job~ I'll get a reply in 3...2...1... *BEEP* Thought so~

From: Whiny Sis

         "Unnie please don't!! I swear I'll be good just don't tell Sulli anything! :( PLEASEEE (TT^TT) UNNIEEEE~~" 

Received. 7:55 PM

 

I decided to change and not reply to Krystal to annoy her more. I'm feeling rather sly today, I must say! 

*Say something I'm giving up on you. I'll be the one if you want me to. Anywhere I would've followed you. Say something I'm giving up on you*

I figured it would be Soojung calling to whine again so I didn't even even bother checking the caller ID.

 

 

"Yah! What do you want kid? I'm trying to sleep! If you called to whine then I don't want to hear it!" I tried my best to sound grumpy and sleepy which seemed to work. Actress Jung in the house! 

 

"Uhh.. Jessi?" OH.MY.GOD. Don't tell me..

"T-Tiff?" My heart is beating loud and fast right now. I feel like it's gonna pop out of my chest. There's a possibility that I just yelled rudely at the love of my life! Oh my goodness! Mental breakdown! 

"Yes.. Jessi it's me.. D-did I wake you up? I-I'm sorry" I could hear Tiffany's voice trembling. I must've scared her. Never once did I ever talk to Tiffa that way. Jessica you idiot! Next time, check you stupid caller ID!!

"N-no, Tiff! It isn't like that I swear! I thought you were Soojung! I'm sorry!" Jessica, you fool! Seriously! Just how dumb can you get?! I continued to mentally scold myself.

"O-oh.. Alright then.. I just called to say that Nichkhun and I are on our way to your house to pick Sulli up. She wasn't answering her phone so I thought I should call you. Do you mind telling her?" I let out a sigh or relief after hearing Tifany's voice going back to normal. 

"Yeah, sure. Hold on, I'm on my way to the living roo-- oh." I stopped my tracks the moment I reached the living room.

"Why Jessi? what's wrong? Did something happen?"

"JungLi Happened." I simply answered Tiff.

"Huh?" she dumbly answered, not getting what I meant.

"Well, Krystal and Sulli seems to be a bit busy sleeping and cuddling on the couch at the moment. I'll just wake them up when you get here." I could hear Tiffany giggle on the other side of the line. 

"HOW CUTE~ They're like a young version of us Jessi! Remember when we used to do the same? Cuddling on the couch? and I used to sleepover and sleep with my head on your chest listening to your heartbeat! I missed those days!" Tiff excitedly reminisced. My cheeks and ears started burning as I processed her words. I sure am thankful she isn't listening to my heartbeat now because damn!

"Uhh.. Ha ha.. Yeah. Me t-too.. I gotta go T-Tiff.. I might w-wake them up" It could've been worse. I could've stuttered more.

"Okay~ Bye Jessi~ Love you~ Muah~" She made a kissing noise from the other side. Damn! My heart! Someone save me!

"L-Love you t-too Tiff.." I timidly answered out of my nervousness.

 

"OMG~ Jessi you said it! usually you'd just respond with a simply 'mhmm' or just a nod but this time you actually said it!~ kekeke~ " Tiff blabbed as if her ultimate crush just talked to her for the first time.

"Anyways, I'll see you later bestie~ Love you forever!~" Tiff gave me another one of her virtual kisses before ending the call. 

 

 

Ugh!!!

Stupid Tiffany for making my heart beat so fast I feel like it's gonna leap out of my chest.

Stupid word!!

Stupid me for getting affected like this!!

Stupid me for being an idiot!

You're really a fool, Jessica! I scolded myself.

PaboJung!