Are You Kidding Me?

Best Friend-Zoned

"JESSI!!" 

 

 

 

 

There she is again! what do I do? Am I dressed well? Stupid me for not dressing up better! Is my hair okay? Do I have any dirt on my face? 

Don't you dare think that I'm overreacting! Because you'd be acting the same way if the love of your life is running oh-so-gorgeously towards you with a smile bright as the sun and eyes sparkling as the ocean blue.

 

"BESTIE!!"

 

Oh right. I forgot. I'm just her bestfriend. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm pathetic to think that I could be something more.. Well, actually.. She doesn't know my feelings for her.. BUT HEY! Don't blame me! Confessing isn't exactly the easiest thing! I've been stuck in this stupid friendzone for years! Trust me, I've wanted to give up the moment I realized my feelings for her. Why? First of all, she's THE Tiffany Hwang for goodness' sake! Do you have any idea about the competitions I have?! There's that Siwon guy that thinks he's the hottest in the planet. One word, EWW. Then there's also that Thai guy with a last name I can never pronounce. Horvejhchuck? Horvejcoke? Horvejskull? I GIVE UP! But yeah, his name is Nichkhun as far as I could remember. And many more admirers I don't even want to talk about. They are all so popular while I'm.. I guess, okay? I am the captain of the soccer team but that's nothing. Tiff is gorgeous, smart, adorable, down to earth, friendly, helpful and everything sweet in this world! I love her--

 

"YAH! JESSICA JUNG!! Since when did you learn to ignore your bestfriend!?" She scolded and showed her irresistable pout. Dammit.

 

"Sorry Tiff.. Really. I was just thinking."

 

"About what?" she tilted her head to the side as curiousity kicked in again. Aish too cute.

 

"About you." I truthfully answered, shrugging it off. It doesn't matter what I say, She'll take it in a different way anyway. 

 

"My Jessi is so sweet!! You're so cute!" She pinched my cheeks making me pout away the pain and embarassment.

 

"Hey! Are you sure you two aren't together?" I raised my gaze only to find the YoonYul Twins, well more like couple smirking at us. No, scratch that. At me. They're smirking at me. 

 

I was about to say something but Ms. Smile-all-day beat me to it. "Of course we are! We've always been together!"

 

I mentally facepalmed at how innocent Tiffany is. I could hear snickers from the duo and when I looked to my side, I also saw a pair of giggling danshins. I looked at Tiffany without saying anything, just a simple stare without much thought.
 

"What? Isn't it true Jessi? We're together? We're always together! Eating, sleeping, studying, watching movies, everything!" You have no idea how much teasing I have to go through after this. You're digging a grave for me Tiffany Hwang. 

 

I just sighed and let out a simple "Yeah."

 

"Oh yeah! Before I forget, guys guess what?" She excitedly took everyone's attention.

 

"What?" We answered in sync. 

 

"Some guy asked me out today and he's totally cute! Apparently he's a part of the rugby team but I haven't really seen him. He's totally adorable though!" She squealed like a total fangirl. I could only sigh. 

 

"Oh, You mean Wooyoung?" Sooyoung casually asked while munching a bag of dorritos. 

 

"Yeah, him! Wait, you know him?" Tiff replied.

 

"Everyone knows him Fany-ah. You're a cheerleader, you of all people should know him. He's really friendly and nice, he dances well too!" Sunny added.

 

"I swear, I really haven't seen him." She just scratched the back of her neck shyly.

 

"I don't doubt that. Of all the sports teams our school has, you only watch and pay attention to Sica's, over here." Hearing Taeyeon's comment, my ears slowly started heating up.

 

"Can you blame me? Have you seen Jessi play? She's amazing! her screaming fan boys and girls here and there is a dead giveaway." Hearing her compliment made me squeal internally. Keep cool, Jessica. You can do this

 

"You're right, Even some students from the opposite school cheers for her" Yuri chuckled.

 

"And do you remember that time Sica unnie was accidentally kicked hard by what's his name again?" Yoona followed along

 

"Myungsoo from Woollim High." Seohyun answered. Really? Even our maknae? and Don't they know that I'm literally right here? listening to everything? They're talking about me as if I'm not there. Sigh.

 

"Right, him. Anyways, do you remember the amount of Boos and hate that he got the moment Sica unnie landed on the ground? I felt bad. Even the people that were supposed to be his supporters got angry." Yoona laughed with completely opened making her look like an alligator. But she still manages to look pretty, or a 'goddess' as her fans put it. 

 

"Yeah but it wasn't as bad as when Taecyeon from JYP School tried to hit on Sica during one their games. He got trashed and everyone were screaming swears and some literally had banners telling him to screw off and the crowd was unstoppable. They almost had to call the cops to calm them down and Taecyeon was so closed to gettting kicked out."

 

"He deserved it from trying to hit on my Jessi and stealing her away from me!" Tiffany huffed, crossing her amrs across her chest. 

 

"Relax, Tiff. I didn't even flirt back, you know" I rubbed her back trying to calm her down.

 

"I know. But no one can be with my Jessi but me!" She declared. She actually said it loudly, making sure everyone hears it.

Giggles echoed through the room and they're not just from my friends but everyone in class and even some people outside. Tiff, what are you doing to me? Truthfully, almost everyone knows about Tiff and I being inseperable. They already named us "JeTi" and guess who started the whole thing? If you guess YoonYul then you couldn't be more correct! Those chodings! Aish seriously! I know how red my face is right now because I can totally feel it. 

 

"You know Sica, you should be thankful to Yoong and I for starting this whole 'JeTi Couple' thing! Come on! everyone loves it and they totally agree on how cute you two are!" Yuri teased more. I swear to god Kwon! If you don't stop now, you're dead meat later!

 

"Yuri's right Sica-yah! Everyone ships JeTi, am I right guys?" Sunny asked the people in and outside of class.

 

"YEAH!" The whole room roared with cheers and comments about how cute we look, how hard they ship us and some are just chanting 'JeTi' over and over again in a very loud manner causing my face to burn up. Too much attention and Tiffany here isn't helping. in fact, she's encouraging them more by showing her infamous eyesmile and nodding to the crowd making them cheer even louder. 

 

"JETI IS REAL!" Tiffany shouted and I swear, My eardrums were about to burst from the response that the crowd gave her.

 

Tiffany Hwang, you are going to kill me. Do you have any idea what you're doing? Not only am I never going to hear the end of this, I am also going to keep falling for you. What you do to me. Your effect on me.. it's too strong to fight!

 

"JESSI!" The next thing I know, her arms are wrapped around my neck. Our position, really.. I'm sitting on a chair while she's standing, giving me the pleasure to take in and inhale her sweet strawberry scent that I've always loved. 

 

She pulled away, causing me to pout at the lack of warmth. I wanted to hug her again but she held my shoulders stopping me from coming any closer to her. 

 

"Steph~ Let me hug you some more~" I whined trying to pull her in, showing her my extremely rare agyo with a killer pout that could melt even the coldest of ice. 

 

I could feel her body stiffen as she froze on the spot. She just stood there staring at me, blinking between seconds. I could feel the room's silence. I looked around and everyone were looking at me with widened eyes as if an angel just passed by. What are they staring at? did something happen? what did I do?

 

"Unnie.." Seohyun and Yoona said at the same time, giving me the look that Tiffany earlier had.

 

"Sica-yah.. Did you just.." Yuri said while looking at me. Seriously! What on Earth is going on?

 

"Jessi.." Tiffany pulled my shoulders and wrapped her arms protectively around me. Not that I mind. In fact, I could totally get used to this! I wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer. She bent down low enough so her lips are in contact with my right ear. I could feel and hear her warm breath tickiling my now, burning ears. 

 

"Jessi.. Promise me, you'll never do that again? Your aegyo is for me to see and me only. You can't show it to anyone else, got it?" processing what she said, I can feel my cheeks warm up giving it a deep shade of pink as a colour. I only nod in response. Following the order of the only girl who is capable of making me do whatever she pleases. 

 

She straightened out with her arms still wrapped around me and mine around her. She removed one of her arms and patted my head. "Good girl~" she flashed me one of her adorable cheeky grins which caused me to smile as well. This girl's smile is seriously contagious! It's no joke. She's too cute! TOO CUTE!

 

She moved a step back, pulling away slightly.

 

"I love you Jessi!" She leaned in and gave my left cheek a peck. I was caught off guard by the sudden contact. H-her l-lips! M-me! She k-kissed me!

 

"Y-you d-do?" Great! Way to be smooth Jessica! tch. Idiot!

 

"Of course I do! I love you very much!!..

 

 

 

You're my bestest friend in the world! and I love you for that! " She proudly and loudly stated earning a series of laughter from my friends and applause from my classmates. 

 

"Pfft! HAHAHAHA!! Oh my! Too funny! poor Sica!!" Yuri laughed shamelessly while smacking the table repeatedly, expressing her feelings. This stupid kid!

I could see the danshin couple literally rolling on the floor laughing, Hyoyeon was just sitting beside Sooyoung with a smirk plastered on her face. The shikshin actually decided to stop eating this time just so she could laugh freely at my misery. Ugh! Seohyun covered her face with a book she was holding but I could clearly see her shoulders shaking indicating that she was laughing as well. You too Seobaby? really?

"Sica unnie! You should've see your face!! Gosh that was priceless!!" Yoona was hitting Sooyoung's arm repeatedly while laughing.

 

This chodings laughing at my misery! You are all gonna get it from me later!

 

I could see Tiffany looking confusedly at the girls. Probably wondering what it is that's so funny. Tiffany, please don't! I beg you!

 

"What? What's wrong with what I said? Jessi and I really are besftriends and we love each other! Right Jessi?" Oh god. This time, I literally facepalmed. this girl is going to be the death of me!

 

Tiffany Hwang..

 

Are you kidding me?