Helping JungLi

Best Friend-Zoned

Hi :) So, I finished one of my exams! Yaay! I have two more to do on Monday and Wednesday (TT^TT) wish me luck? >0< I decided to write a chapter for you guys before studying again :) I might not be able to update until Thursday but I'll try ^____^ 

 

Thanks for subscribing, upvoting, commenting! You guys are awesome! and for those who are new, WELCOME AND HAPPY READING!! muah :*

Enjoy^^

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

When is Tiff coming? Seriously 'I'll be there soon' never means in an hour.. Gosh.. That girl, really..

 

I just went to my room. Might as well try to kill time, right? I picked up my guitar that's been hanging around in the corner of my room. It's been a while since I used this. I miss playing. I quickly tuned the strings in their rightful places. A few random strummings here and there and I was finally ready to play. I inhaled a lungful of air before starting. 

 

 

Now playing. Moving Closer - Never the Strangers

 

 

When you smile, everything's in place

I've waited so long, can make no mistake

All I am, reaching out to you.

I can't be scared, got to make a move.

 

While we're young, come away with me.

Keep me close, and don't let go.

 

Inch by inch, we're moving closer

Feels like a fairytale, ending.

Take my heart, this is the moment

I'm moving closer to you

 

"I'm moving closer to you~" I heard another voice sing along. I quickly turned to the source and found, "T-Tiff.." I quickly looked down due to embarassment. I could feel my face slowly heating up.. She heard me sing..  Oh My God.. 

"It's been a long time since I last heard you sing Jessi! You're still amazing as I remembered~" There's a reason why she hasn't heard me sing.. Because I don't sing infront of an audience anymore.. Or even just one person. I stopped because last time I sang for a certain someone, it didn't end well..

"You know I don't do that anymore, Tiff.." My sight remained glued to the ground as I fidgeted. "Maybe when the time comes, I'll sing again for my future one" This time, I looked up and gave her a small smile. 

"Why do you have to do that?" She asked. Huh? "What do you mean?"

"I mean, why do you have to sing to her, ... or him? What is that gonna do?" Finally understanding what she meant, I gave her one of my sincere smile. 

"It will prove how special they are to me, Tiff.." 

"How? It's just singing Jessi. What's the big deal?" PaboHwang is here again.

"It will show how special they are to me, Tiff. I don't just sing for anyone and me, willingly singing to them will show that I treat them differently. It's quite romantic if you think about it, having someone serenade you. " I flashed a smile at Tiffany. She just blinked and stared at me, processing everything I said.

 

 

"OMO!! JESSI!! I didn't know you could be that romantic! What you said just now sounds heavenly~ Oh how I wish someone would serenade me~" I did once, Tiff.. but you rejected me unknowingly after.. I wanted to mumble.. but in the end, I just chuckled bitterly. 

"Maybe, one day someone will serenade the Tiffany Hwang. Just wait around Tiff, your future one will arrive soon" The moment I finished saying that sentence, I regretted it immediately. There's a very annoying feeling in my chest.. I can't explain it, I just knew it didn't feel good, not at all. "Anyway, let's go wake up the couple sweetly sleeping on the couch. It's getting late." I stood up and walked out to avoid staying longer into the awkward atmosphere we were in just a moment ago.

 

We arrived at the living room and as expected, JungLi was still soundly sleeping in each other's arms. Aigoo.. These two needs to be official already. As much as I loved seeing the two cuties together, Sulli needs to go home right now. It's already 11:30. I hesitatingly woke my sister up.

"Soojung-ah, It's time to wake up.." I could see my sister shift around before slowly opening her eyes. "Sulli needs to go, Krys.. Tiff has been here for a while now" she sat up and looked at Sulli who's arms are protectively wrapped around her waist. She quickly looked at me and I just smirked. "Wake her up Soojung ah~" I could see my sister's ears redden as she turned to wake her lover up. 

"Ssul, wake up~" Krystal shook Sulli lightly

"Hngggh.. Few more minutes, baby~" Sulli whined with her eyes remaining shut as she pulled my sister closer to her. 

"So, baby huh?" I mouthed to my sister and covered my mouth preventing myself from laughing out loud. Krystal glared at me but I knew she was dying of embarassment inside. Just in time, Tiffany arrived at the living room and looked to see what I was laughing at.  

"Baby~ Stay still~" Sulli continued to whine, clueless to her surroundings. Tiffany finally realizing what I was laughing at, giggled as well. 

"Ssul~ Tiffany unnie is here~" Krys looked down, face completely flushed as Tiff and I continued to muffle our laughter. With what Soojung just said, Sulli finally opened her eyes and saw the us with a knowing smile on our faces and my sister shyly looking down on the floor, fiddling with her fingers. 

Since Sulli is finally awake, I can finally say something out loud, right? Hmm~

"So.. Baby, eh? Sorry for interrupting your cuddling time~ I didn't mean to ruin your sleep, If I had a choice, I'd let you guys sleep in each others arms for as long as you'd like. But unfortunately sis and her baby, As you can see, Tiffany is already here and it's getting late. You can always cuddle some other time~" I teased. Both of their faces are beet red and I can't help but laugh at how adorable these two really are. 

"We have to go Jinri ah~ Krys, thank you for taking care of my cousin~ I'm sure she had a great time~~" Tiff decided to join the teasing. Sulli stood up with her head still hanging low. "T-thank you for h-having me over, Jessica unnie.. S-Soojung.." She scratched the back of her neck shyly. "Bye Jinri ah~ Until next time~ and just so you know, You don't have to be so shy calling my sister 'Baby' I'm sure she loves it~" 

"UNNIE!! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING!!" I ended up receiving a set of punches from my sister. But hey, I was just being honest. 

"Ouch! Oww! Soojung ah S-stop! just say bye to Sulli" I tried to dodge her her ounches but it's no use, she's more athletic than I am. 

"B-bye Ssul! Take care!" Krystal and I waved at the cousins until they finally drove off. 

 

"So.. Are you sad that your baby left already?" I decided to tease one last time before running for my life. "UNNIE!! I SWEAR YOU'RE DEAD AS SOON AS I CATCH YOU!"

 

 

 

***

 

 

It's been a week since Tiff and Sulli came over and here I am now, listening to my sister whine dramatically about how Sulli is out with "some guy". To be honest, I know how my sister feels, I haven't been with Tiffany because she's always out on dates with Nichkhun. She calls me afterwards to infrom me about what happened and how her day went. It kills me but what can I do? I'm just her bestfriend and my job is nothing but to support and listen ot her. Sigh. But I do feel bad about Krystal. I'm pretty sure it's the first time Sulli is out with someone else other than my sister or their friends. Usually, she informs my sister who she's going out with but this time, Sulli didn't and that worries Krystal. She only found out through Amber, on of their friends. Apparently, Amber and Luna saw Sulli going to the movies with another guy. 

 

"Unnie.. Is she cheating on me?" I can see Soojung's tears are threatening to fall. I just moved to her side and rubbed her back trying to calm her down. 

"You shouldn't say that Soojung ah. We both know that Sulli loves you, trust her okay? I'm sure she will never do something like that.."

But why is she out with another guy without telling me about it? It makes me think she's hiding something from me and I don't like that." My sister said firmly. I can see her fist are clenched tightly, probably restraining herself from breaking anything. 

 

It's obvious that she's jealous. She should've just told Sulli. I smiled at my sister. 

"You're acting like a jealous girlfriend, my dear sister." I could see her eyes widen from what I said. 

"Jealous G-girlfriend?" She confirmed. She stuttered, indicating taht she's guilty. Gotcha!

"Yes. Like a jealous girlfriend." 

"But I don't think we're official unnie.. We never really labeled what we are.." Her voice softened into a sad tone. 

"That's the problem with you Soojung. You're here whining to me about how Suli is out with another boy, acting like a clingy jealous girlfriend and then you tell me that you aren't really together.. Krys, If the thought of Sulli going out with someone else hurts you, then make her yours. Make everything official. Ask her out formally and in that way, atleast you have assurance. You know that she's yours and yours only. " I patted her head and gave her an encouraging smile. It's the only time I'll act mature

I can see Krystal thinking hard about what I just said. "What if she says no?" Is she stupid or what? I guess stupidity runs in the Jung blood as well. Aish. 

"Jung Soojung! Are you asking for a smack upside the head or what? you two are basically together already. She clearly likes you alot and you're obvious in love with her too. Her Family knows you well as her lover and same with mom and dad. They already know her as your girlfriend. EVERYONE knows you two as a couple and wants you to be together, all you have to do is make it official. She's gonna say yes, okay? Now plan a way to ask her out before I actually hit you." I could see her eyes gleam with happiness and determination before she stood up and raised her fist as I sign that she will do it. 

"Thanks alot unnie! I owe you one!" "Don't mention it kiddo. Just go and plan things out!" She quickly packed her things before leaving me alone.

 

 

I just realized something..

 

 

Soojung.. She's supposed to pay for our meal. She called me to say its her treat but I'm left here to pay.. that brat! ugh! she better make this a success or else I'll make her pay for leaving me alone and making me pay for food. 

 

..

 

I was about to leave when I saw a couple enter the shop, hand in hand. I could only see the side profile of the two but they look awfully familiar. I stared for a long time studying the couple figuring out if I've seen them somewhere before until something clicked in my brain.

 

 

YOU FOOL! OF COURSE YOU'VE MET THEM BEFORE! THAT'S TIFFANY AND HER "BOYFRIEND" JERKKHUN!! And yes, I put "Boyfriend" because I'm not sure IF they're together already or not. Why didn't I realize this sooner? you're such an idiot Jessica Jung!

I hurriedly headed for the door, not wanting to be seen by the two. Please don't see me! Please don't notice me! Please don--

 

"Jessi?" . So much for wanting to be unnoticed. I took a deep breath before turning with the best fake smile I could come up with. 

"Tiff! It's been a while!" I greeted 'enthusiastically'

"Jessi, It's only been a week" She laughed. 'And three days and 6 hours and thirty-eight minutes and twenty-two seconds..twenty-three..' I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts. She's gonna think I'm crazy for counting down.. Get yourself together Jessica! You're acting so uncool right now! 

"Longest we've been apart in a long time" I shrugged nonchalantly but deep inside, boy I was sweating bullets. 

"You're right, I missed you Jess" 

"I missed y--" "We should get going Babe! You still want to watch that movie, right? It's gonna start in an hour and we'll miss it if we don't leave now" JerkKhun cut me off. 'Babe'.. It looks like they're together already. I wanted to glare at him for interrupting me but it's no use. I'm just wasting my time because at the end of the day, he's dating the girl I love. I could give him the deadliest look I have but I'm still the loser. Being together with Tiffany, he already won. Sigh. Luck is just not on my side. 

"Oh. Looks like you have somewhere to be.. I was just about to leave anyway, bye Stephanie." She was surprised because I never use her full name unless something's up. I just gave her a small smile then turned my back and walked away. Before I could fully walk out the cafe, I her Tiffany call softly "Jessi.."

 

 

I let out my breath I didn't know I was holding. How unlucky can I get, eh? At least, there's Soojung who can be the blessed one. I hope it works out for her and Sulli. Then, maybe I'll be content with being alone. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I won't be alone for a long time, right?