Different.

Best Friend-Zoned
Thanks so much for the upvotes, subscribers and especially those who take the time to comment :* I heart you all.
 
Warning: this chapter contains some foul language. 
 
******
 
Cont'd. 
 
 

Two bodies stirred awoke due to an obnoxiously loud alarm. Tiffany snuggled closer to Jessica, making herself more comfortable in the girl's arms.

 
 The latter stretched her arms, reaching for her phone that was left abandoned last night. 
 
5 missed calls from My love.
7 new text messages.
 
"." Her body automatically jolted awake. 
 
The thought of her ever thoughtful girlfriend upset because of what she had done caused her stomach to churn. 
 
She pried Tiffany's arms from her waist, running to the washroom desperately trying to call her lover back. 
 
Hey it's Nana. I'm sorry I can't be with you right now. Please leave a message after the beep. 
 
At this point, Jessica was anxious. She walked back and forth, mumbling incoherent words to the air. She thought she has sinned for how she spent her night yesterday. In the arms of another girl. 
 
But then again, it's her bestfriend. Just her best friend. 
 
It's complicated
 
She immediately texted a plan to her gang about an event to make it up to her Nana. 
 
Hopefully it goes well. She thought.
 
*****
 
Meanwhile, Tiffany's side isn't going so well either.
 
She received 15 missed calls from Nichkhun accompanied by 24 text messages.
 
If that's not clingy, then I don't know what is
 
Like what Jessica has done, Tiffany decided to call the guy back. But the difference is, Nichkhun actually picked up. 
 
"Hel--" she was cut off by her oh-so-caring boyfriend.
 
"Where were you last night? Why didn't you pick up my calls?" Furious was an understatement on how the latter was feeling. He was basically yelling over the phone. Without even listening to Tiffany's explanation. 
 
"Why do you care?" Tiffany replied. 
 
Truthfully, she's sick of his attitude. He often ignores her phonecalls and messages but when she does the same thing, even just accidentally, she receives nothing but the cold shoulder. No matter how hard she explains and apologizes.
 
She's tired.
 
"Why do I care? Tiffany I'm your boyfriend, for sakes!" He was now yelling over the phone. Fuming over what she had just said.
 
"Really? Because you haven't been acting like one. You go out and party with Taecyeon and your gang, all night but once I decided to go out, you're treating me like I cheated on you. I've had enough. I'm done with you." Tiffany's tears were threatening to fall but she held it back. She isn't losing to him this time. 
 
"If you aren't cheating on me then why the hell can't you tell me where you are? You're probably with some guy right now, huh. " He smugly answered. 
 
"You want to know where I am? Fine. I'm in Jessica's place. Are you happy now? How dare you accuse me of such a thing." 
 
"Jessica? Oh you mean that that's always clinging on to you?" 
 
'That's it. Nichkhun can say anything to me but no one dares to say trash about Jessi.' Tiffany huffed.
 
"Who the do you think you are? How dare you say such a thing about Jessica! You know what, I'm done talking to you. You're ing irrelevant." 
 
She angrily pressed the end button. Tiffany was fuming. One can tell because she never swears. Not to anyone. No matter how angry she is, she keeps her vocabularies to a professional level. But Nichkhun just broke that. Because of his idiotic and incomprehensible antics, there is just no other way to deal with it, than talking with profanities.
 
Tiffany threw her phone to the side of the room, not caring about where it lands or the damages that may occur to it. She buried her face on the pillow. Jessica's pillow to be exact, and inhaled a lungful of her lingering scent, calming the girl down a little. 
 
She needed to take a walk. 
 
Tiffany hurriedly got dressed and left without forgetting to leave a little note for Jessica, of course.
 
***
 
Back to Jessica's side. 
 
The girl just finished taking a shower, getting ready for another event for her lover. 
 
She glanced around the room once her feet has stepped out of the bathroom, checking to see for any signs of her bestfriend. 
 
She walked to the closet and found a little pink sticky note with a cute written message.
 
'Jessi! 
 
I'll be heading out for a while. Thank you so much for yesterday. Love you.
 
Tiffany<3'
 
Jessica just smiled at the adorable note before getting dressed to meet up with the gang. 
 
Once done with her preparations, she headed downstairs and saw a couple watching tv, also known as JungLi. Little Jung was leaning on the taller one's shoulder, subtly cuddling.
 
"Sis! I'll be going out for a while so try not to make too much mess." Jessica chuckled at her own suggestive joke, startling the two.
 
Krystal's ears began to turn Crimson before she picked up a small pillow and aimed for her sister. 
 
"What are you saying! We were just watching tv!" 
 
"What? I meant don't leave your food lying around, clean up after yourselves. Why, baby sis? Were you thinking something else?" Jessica playfully moved her eyebrows up and down, smirking at her deeply blushing sister. 
 
"Baby.." Sulli decided to rub her girlfriend's back in order to calm her down. Although she was blushing quite madly, herself. 
 
Krystal dropped the pillow and decided to just sister and hugged her lover tightly, burying her face in the slightly older girl's neck. 
 
"Baby~" the younger, mumbled. Wrapping her arms tighter around the girl's waist. 
 
Seeing her younger sister being affectionate towards her lover, Jessica internally cringed at the sweetness of the two. 
 
"Ew Krys. Get a room." Jessica shuddered.
 
Instead, the younger Jung just looked at her sister and smirked. Rubbing her cheeks on Sulli's shoulder. "Baby, I love you" she cutely proclaimed.
 
"I love you too, Princess." The taller of the two answered affectionately.
 
Before she loses her sanity, Jessica decided to run out of their house as fast as she could. She has never ran with such speed and effort. Getting to their garage in .5 seconds. She quickly drove to the gang's favourite café. 
 
 
 
Once she has arrived, the welcoming smile of the owner greeted her. 
 
"Hello, Jessica unnie." The girl politely bowed, flashing a goddess like smile. 
 
"Hey Irene! How's the business been going?" 
 
"Great! It's been doing fantastic, unnie. I've gained more and more regular costumers." She beamed.
 
"Amazing. Well, you deserve it. Where's your troublesome girl, by the way? Last time I saw her was at practice." 
 
"Wendy's in the kitchen, I think? She's been busy, helping me out."
 
"Well, tell me if she causes you any trouble and I will make sure to teach her a lesson." Jessica chuckled.
 
Out of nowhere, an adorable short blonde appeared.
 
"Yah! Unnie. What do you mean? I'm behaved all the time. " Wendy pouted.
 
"Tch. As if! Maybe around Irene, you are but elsewhere, you wish." Jessica mocked.
 
"Hey! Don't make me look bad in front of my angel." Wendy lightly punched Jessica's arm, followed by a laugh.
 
"Wow. Teens these days and their cringing pet names." The girl curled her fingers in embarrassment. "Anyway, I have to go now. So I'll talk to you two later. Remember Wendy, I'm watching you so you better act properly." Jessica squinted her eyes intimidatingly and gestured a silly punch, making the three laugh before heading towards their table. 
 
"So what's the plan?" Taeyeon, bring their responsible leader started off the meeting. 
 
"I was thinking about playing the guitar and singing to her. Then reading a poem I wrote for her. Then, I don't know? Get food probably." All 7 just stared at her blankly.
 
"You.. Write poems?" Hyoyeon asked, shocked by what the girl had just said. 
 
"Oh. Umm.. Yeah." Jessica awkwardly fidgeted on her seat. 
 
"That's really.. sweet." 
 
As if on cue, the girl's reacted together. Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Yuri laughed at how whipped the girl really is while Sunny, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun squealed at how sweet and romantic their Unnie really is. 
 
"I'd like someone to write a poem and sing for me, someday." Yoona dreamingly sighed.
 
Jessica, who was sitting beside Yuri, nudged the girl playfully while the rest knowingly coughed. 
 
"Don't worry, Yoong. I'm sure your Prince Charming is closer than you think." Sunny winked at the second youngest while the others just grinned. 
 
"I sure hope so. "
 
"Oh. We know that your future lover is close by." Jessica giggled earning a punch from Yuri. 
 
The gang wondered where Tiffany was, for she is always missing when it comes to events like such. Though Jessica explained that the girl had some things to take care of, they were still left curious to where she may be. 
 
After chatting some more, the girl's decided to get to work. They agreed to hold the surprise in Irene's café considering she already has a little stage for live bands that she often hires and if not, well her talented girlfriend and unnies are always up to rescue. 
 
Jessica already called Nana and worked out the misunderstandings. The girl could not pick up the calls earlier because of a runway rehearsal she had to attend. Jessica also invited her to the café for a little afternoon date yet unknown to Nana, the girl has a surprise in store like always. 
 
Everything was set up and just in time, the girl arrived. Being the kind owner of the place, Irene offered Jessica and Nana the closest table to the stage where the gang is currently messing around. 
 
"Ladies and gentlemen, for those of you who are often here, I'm sure you already know me. My name is Wendy and I'll be starting you off with the song Beautiful Escape by Aj Rafael." 
 
Wendy sang flawlessly along with the help of Taeyeon on drums, Yuri on lead, Yoona on piano and Hyoyeon on bass.
 
The couple chatted and ate peacefully, both having a great time. And that is until Jessica was called out on stage.
 
"Next to perform is a dear friend of ours here. Jessica Unnie, come up." The audience clapped loudly, some familiar to her and others, taken aback by her beauty. 
 
"Hi, everyone. I'd like to dedicate this song to my love, Nana. I hope you like it. I'll be singing Superman by Joe Brooks." 
 
There are no words, to paint a picture of you girl
Your eyes, and those curves, it's like you're from some other world
You walk my way, oh god it's so frustrating
 
Why do I disappear when you come near 
It makes me feel so small
Why do I blow my lines, most every time 
Like I got no chance at all
 
 
 
Everyone were in awe of Jessica's voice and the way she sang the song like she meant every word of it. It was beautiful. Truly captivating
 
Even the members of her gang were struck by how charming Jessica really is. 
 
How can one not fall for her? 
 
'Cause I'm no superman
I hope you like me as I am. 
 
 
She finished the last line and everyone roared with cheer. She just bowed in embarrassment. Some customers even stood up just to clap for her. Irene definitely earned more customers. 
 
Jessica was about to leave when Yuri ran to the mic. 
 
"Hold on. Anything else you'd like to say, Jessica? A little message, perhaps." 
 
If looks could kill, Yuri would've been dead by now, with no chance of revival.
 
Jessica had no choice but to get back up on stage but without whispering a threat to her black pearl friend first.
 
"Umm.. Nana, I love you." Jessica immediately hurried off the stage and onto their table. 
 
Nana walked towards her and wrapped her arms around Jessica's waist. Whispering a simple "thank you." Both let out a content sigh, smiling calmly.
 
 
 
**
 
Everything is right and just now, right? 
 
 
 
But why does Jessica feel different?
 
 
 
 
TBC.
***
 
Haii. 
 
So whut's up? 
 
I actually wasn't planning on updating today >< but my clumsy self accidentally clicked 'save' which automatically updated a chapter that contained, nothing. So, I had to delete it. 
 
I didn't want to give you all false hope so I took responsibility and wrote an update ^^ I squeezed my brain for some ideas hahaha. 
 
Anyway, I hope you all like it. Please feel free to send feedbacks on what you think about this chapter~ 
 
Until then. 
BAI BAI :D