Eighth

Regrets

Her days were no longer as normal as it used to be. Not with having an unusual customer at their cafe almost every day. That customer by the name of Kim Kibum (or Key as he insisted they call him because apparently he believes English name sounds cooler) visits the shop almost every day and most of the time causes a commotion simply because he is a celebrity.

Sometimes he would bother to disguise himself but other times he wouldn't which makes Jiyeon believes he likes the attention.

Today he disguised himself with a hat and glasses. Somehow the hat helped hide his pink hair (yes, he likes changing hair colour now and then) but there were still some pink strands sticking out and it made some customers turn their heads. The guy is really something. It seemed as if there was a sign over his head saying, “I’m a celebrity. Look at me.”

“Oppa, why do you like hanging out here?” Yuri was asking their pink-haired regular customer. She was doing aegyeo and Jiyeon thinks it’s kinda funny. “I mean, I’m not complaining or anything. Actually I always like it when you come to visit. I was just curious.”

“Your cakes are delicious. That’s why.” Key said.

“Jiyeon makes the best cakes.” Yuri explained which made Key’s eyes widen in surprise.

“You made this?” he asked Jiyeon who was at the counter listening to their conversation in silence.

“Yeah,” she replied before leaving the two of them on their own. She hates giving people special attention just because of the fact that they are celebrities. Her other customers may not be famous people but it doesn’t mean she should treat them less than this pink-haired guy over here. They were all customers and should receive equal treatments.

Apparently Yuri doesn’t share the same opinion because she was spending more time talking to him rather than pay attention to the other customers. Like when Jiyeon noticed one of the customers asking for some water but Yuri didn’t because she was too busy admiring Key’s handsome face. She hates the days when Key comes to visit because it distracts Yuri and she always ends up having more work to do.

“Jiyeon is studying culinary. Pastries are her specialty. That’s the reason why she’s working here. She said, to gain more experience or something.” she heard Yuri explain to Key while she was on her way to the kitchen to get some water for the customer.

“Jiyeon-ah,” she heard him call. Jiyeon hates it when he calls him with familiarity as if they were long time friends. She can’t remember giving the man permission to call her on a first name basis.

“I also cook but baking is just hard for me. Can you teach me how?” Jiyeon didn’t know what’s more surprising. The fact that the guy knows how to cook or the fact that he actually asked her to teach him how to bake. But then it doesn’t matter because she realized the guy isn’t just a ball of puffy and squishy things. There is more to him than just his pink hair and cute face.

Jiyeon started paying attention to him. They talked about food and cooking and baking. If you share the same interests you always end up being friends. And that’s exactly what happened to them.

That day Jiyeon realized, Kim Kibum isn’t so bad after all.

And so the next day Jiyeon found herself standing in front of SHINee’s dorm clutching a piece of paper with SHINee’s address. Key gave it to her when he invited her over. Maybe it wasn't a good idea coming. She didn't even know why she agreed. Her mind argued Key was pretty convincing. She wanted to blame it on his pink hair which was really a distraction. Alright maybe she really just wanted to see Lee Taemin again although half of her also wished Taemin isn't home because if he is, she probably wouldn't know what to do.

And because she didn’t want to look stupid standing at their doorway for hours trying to figure out what to do, she finally decided to knock. After a while the door opened and she saw Taemin standing by the door.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“I was invited.”

“Are you sure?”

“I wouldn't be here if I'm not.”

----------------------

A/N: Sorry for this really short chapter. I'll upload a longer one soon XD Comments please? *puppy eyes*