Sixteenth

Regrets

Jiyeon will never get tired of it. Waking up in the morning snuggled close to Taemin who was busy staring at her for god knows how long. She loves how his lips would form a lazy smile as she tries to hide the blush on her face by burying her head on the pillow. Taemin would shower her kisses, on her neck, on her cheeks and all the places he could reach which were not buried on the pillow. He will never stop until Jiyeon lifts his head and stare back at him with a pout. Then he would lean down and kiss the pout away and Jiyeon just loves everything about him.

She will never get tired of the moments when Taemin would give her a call just to ask her how her day was and she would reply with, “It’s 6am. I haven’t started yet. Let me sleep some more.” Then she would hear his chuckle on the other line.

“Sleep well, princess,” he would say before hanging up and Jiyeon will never go back to sleep because her heart was beating like crazy making it impossible for her to sleep some more.

Jiyeon will never get tired of the moments when they would meet and Taemin would tell her “I missed you” when it wasn’t even long since they’ve seen each other. Then he would give her a kiss showing just how much he missed her and Jiyeon will never complain because it felt so wonderful.

That night, Jiyeon was lying in bed while reading a book when she received another call from Taemin and with her heart beating in a frantic rhythm and a smile forming on her lips, she picked up her phone.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“I was sleeping and you woke me up,” she lied. She bit her lip hoping Taemin wouldn’t notice her excitement from hearing his voice.

“Then why are the lights open?” he asked which made Jiyeon sat up in surprise eyes automatically darting towards the open window. “How did you-“ she didn’t finish her statement because she was already running towards the door.

She found Taemin at her front door with a big smile plastered on his face and a phone on his ear. “Hi. Up for an ice cream?”

How could she say no to that adorable pout and begging eyes? It didn’t matter that cold night and ice cream doesn’t go together and that it wasn’t probably a good idea. She said yes before her head could say otherwise.

They bought ice cream at the nearest convenience store. Taemin remembers her addiction to chocolates. She likes anything chocolate flavored except for smoothies in which she prefers strawberry. So he wasn’t surprised if she chose the rocky road flavored ice cream while his was the cookies and cream flavored one.

“I really have no idea why I’m eating ice cream in the middle of a cold night with you,” she said while sitting on the bench at a park right across the convenience store. She stopped eating for a while only to complain about how cold it was and that she should never have agreed to his crazy idea. Shuddering from the cold, Jiyeon wrapped her coat tighter hoping it will add some more warmth to her shivering body.

Taemin just smiled and moved closer until there was no longer a space left between them. With the ice cream forgotten in his hand, he gave her a big hug.

“Warm enough?” he asked and she laughed, the sound muffled when she buried her head in his chest, inhaling his scent.

She nodded before clinging tighter to him, not wanting to let go. She had the feeling Taemin suggested the ice cream because he just wanted an excuse to give her a hug. She didn’t mind though. Anyway, it felt wonderful.

 

After a while they noticed a lone boy playing by the swing. The fact that he was alone and it’s in the middle of the night was intriguing. Jiyeon watched as he plays by himself, pushing the ground with his feet and flinging himself in the air with a bit more effort. He needed to tiptoe because his legs were too short and he was somehow struggling to push himself higher.

The boy noticed her staring and he broke into a smile, his perfect white teeth showing. He went over to where they were sitting and said a greeting. “Hello.” Jiyeon smiled back at the boy. He was too cute to be ignored.

“Hello,” she replied. “Do you live nearby?”

The boy nodded before sitting in between them. Taemin was silent all the while, only observing. “Do you eat ice cream?” she asked.

The boy nodded furiously and it made her laugh. “Wait here, I’ll buy you one,” she said before running back to the convenience store to buy another cone of ice cream while Taemin and the strange boy stared at her retreating back.

“She looks happy,” the boy said after a while.

Without bothering to look at the boy Taemin said, “Yoogeun…”

“Hmmm?”

“I guess I haven’t told you yet how grateful I am.” He faced the boy before saying, “Thank you.”

Yoogeun smiled in response. “Can I ask you one last favor?” Taemin asked.

Without saying anything Yoogeun looked up with expectant eyes waiting for Taemin to say what’s on his mind. “Please let her live.”

Yoogeun didn’t say anything and Taemin was worried he would say no. “Take anything you want from me. My life, Anything. Just… let her live. Please.”

Taemin knew he couldn’t live through that kind of pain again. It was too much for him and he knew she would take his life away with her if that happens again. She was his life, an important piece of him that he couldn’t live without. So it doesn’t matter throwing his life away for her. As long as it would keep her alive, it wouldn’t really matter.

“Are you sure about this?” Yoogeun asked.

Taemin smiled because he knew an instant he wins an argument when he sees one and he had a feeling this is one of them. “Yes.”

“I hope two years would be enough for you two.”

“I’ll make sure it would be.”

Then Yoogeun was gone leaving Taemin feeling grateful to the little boy who made his happiness possible. Jiyeon came back a few minutes later holding a cone of ice cream in her hands.

“Where is he?” Her eyes went in search for the little boy who was playing by the swing earlier.

“He went home.” Taemin said and Jiyeon gave him a look of disappointment.

Taemin stood up so he was facing her. “Good thing because there would be more for me.” He pulled her closer by the waist, his action caught her off guard and a surprised gasp escaped her lips. He leaned down to give the ice cream a and Jiyeon couldn’t think of anything besides how y and sensual his action was as he eat the ice cream in her hand.

Taemin looked back at her and Jiyeon found herself lost in those brown eyes. While feeling herself caught in a spell, Taemin leaned down to capture her lips for a kiss. Feeling her knees getting weaker, Jiyeon didn’t even notice the moment she lost her grip on the ice cream or when it fell on the ground next to her feet. Her last coherent thought before she lost her mind was the sweet chocolate taste of Taemin’s kiss.

-------------

A/N: I seemed to be in the mood to write today so I wrote something which I think is long enough to be a chapter. I hope the next chapter won't be boring but I have the feeling it would be *sigh*