Seventh

Regrets

She still didn't know he was a celebrity and Taemin decided not to mention anything about it because he was afraid of how she would react once she finds out. He knew she will find out sooner or later but until then he decided to keep it a secret.

Jiyeon lives in a small apartment with only a bed, a small table, a chair and a ref. Her family lives somewhere in Daegu and she ran away from home because she wanted to be independent and free. She doesn't talk much about her family which makes Taemin think she's not happy living with them. He doesn't have the heart to ask about it and besides he knew Jiyeon will tell him everything once she's ready.

Taemin likes spending time at her place. It's small and cozy which makes cuddling with her possible. Sometimes they would talk for hours and taemin finds himself looking forward to those moments.

Since she doesn't own a TV Taemin was somehow confident that there is no way for her to find out the fact that he's a singer. However one day when they were walking (Jiyeon insisted they walk because it will help the environment if they don't use his car, which is also the reason why she rides a bicycle to work), Taemin wasn't able to disguise himself because Jiyeon would find it weird if he suddenly wear eye glasses on a gloomy day and also because he didn’t have the time to prepare. Jiyeon's plan of going to the grocery store was too sudden.

As they walk Taemin prayed no one would recognize him. However while he was too busy looking for possible paparazzi following them around, Jiyeon suddenly stopped on her tracks. He looked at her and noticed her staring intently on a picture of him and the other SHINee members posted on the glass window of a record store.

A minute passed and no words came out of her. Five minutes passed and still she didn't say anything. She just stared. But just when Taemin decided to break the silence she spoke first. "You're a celebrity?"

He couldn't read her face. "Does it matter?" he asked and somehow her answer means so much to him.

To his disappointment she didn't answer his question. "I-I think I should go," she said before leaving and taking the path back to her apartment.

As she walks away Taemin had the urge to either follow her or call her back. But he did neither. Doing so would make him into a selfish bastard who wanted to keep her for himself but knowing he couldn't give her anything back. She deserved someone better - someone who can give her all the time she needed because Taemin knew even then that he couldn't.

That night when Taemin was so convinced that he probably wouldn’t be able to see her again, she suddenly gave him a call.

“Yes?" he asked feeling nervous because only bad things fills his head like, ‘Is she breaking up with me now?’, or  ‘Is it really over now?’

But her words were far from what he expected. "I can't sleep. Can you sing me a song?" And again he was tongue-tied. She really have that kind of effect on him.

"What song would you like to hear?" he asked after a while.

"Quasimodo."

"Alright." And he sang the song because Jiyeon asked him to.

"Do you still hate me?" he asked afterwards.

"A little."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For not telling you."

"That's alright. I was just shocked."

"So are we still together?"

"Of course. You stole my heart and I can't live without it."

---------------------------

She liked him before she knew he was a celebrity. She liked his voice even before she even knew his name. You see, she didn't know he was the Lee Taemin. The same guy who sang one of her favourite songs. The same guy who lulls her to sleep during the nights when she couldn’t.

There’s this one song she likes so much that she couldn’t get it out of her head.

 

I wish for a miracle and ask and answer myself

Oh, I can’t tell you about me who wants to reach your heart

I love you, if it’s a place where I can just watch you

Because you have to be mine

In order for you to be you

 

His voice was mesmerizing and it reminds her of flying unicorns, castles, and fairy dust. Call her weird but that particular love song really reminds her of her childhood, the time when her mommy would tuck her to bed, tell her bedtime stories then sing her a lullaby afterwards.

And that singer turned out to be Lee Taemin. She only found out because her friend Yuri came to work one day squealing like a total fangirl because she said the guy Jiyeon met at the park happened to be Lee Taemin.

“Who’s Lee Taemin?” she asked. She already told Yuri that the black-haired guy who visited the café is the same guy she met at the park.

“Are you kidding me? He’s the most amazing dancer alive.” Yuri said- more like yelled. She even had a poster with her which she was waving like crazy telling Jiyeon- more like forcing her- to look. “I knew it. I knew he looked familiar. I thought my eyes were just fooling me." Yuri said excitedly. Then she introduced to her each member of the group.

“This is Onew,” Yuri pointed her finger on the guy at the left. He was smiling so much his eyes almost disappeared. He seemed like a nice person. “He’s the leader. His real name is Lee Jinki but you can call him Onew.”

“This is Taemin, the maknae. He’s the best dancer which I already told you earlier.” Jiyeon’s heart skipped a beat.

“This is Jonghyun. He’s a song writer and his voice is heavenly.” She noticed he’s not as tall as the others but just as good-looking.

“This is Minho. He’s the rapper.” Jiyeon thinks he has a really nice smile.

“This is Key also known as Kim Kibum. Not the Kim Kibum of Super Junior.” Jiyeon wondered what Super Junior is but she didn’t ask because Yuri might never stop blabbering about all these kpop people all day and they end up being scolded for not doing their job. “He’s the guy who came with Taemin a few days ago,” Yuri continued. Key’s hair on the picture looks different. It was black with some purple highlights compared to a few days ago which was blonde.

And that’s how she came to know of SHINee.

You might think she was too stupid not to realize she just met a celebrity but you see, she lives alone in a small apartment without a TV and only a radio to keep her company. So of course it’s possible. When the whole South Korea was celebrating their debut she was at the library studying for exams.

And after learning that her crush happened to be a famous person, she was really disappointed. It was one thing to like a boy next door. But it's another thing to like a celebrity. Nothing comes out of it other than heartaches. It’s like wanting to become the president of the country when people don’t even know your name. It’s like wanting to buy the whole world when you don’t even have enough money to buy a car.

But then everything changed when Kim Kibum came along.