Sixth

Regrets

It had been months since they've been spending time with each other. Everytime Taemin has the time, he would call her and they would meet somewhere and spend time together. 

Once in a while he would steal glances at her and once in a while she would catch him staring at her. Then she would blush, her cheeks turning rosy pink and Taemin just loved everything about her.

And then he confessed because he was no longer satisfied with just being friends. He like the idea of calling her his and him hers.

And so he bought a couple ring, one that fits his finger and another one that perfectly fits hers. Then he went through the speech in his head. He wanted it to be perfect.

‘I love you’ doesn't seem like enough and he couldn't just blurt it out.

‘Can I have you for the rest of my life?’ doesn't seem appropriate either. He's not proposing a marriage for godsake. 

In the end he couldn't come up with anything. He was too nervous to think of anything to say, more nervous than when he had to stand on stage for the first time. That confession means so much to him.

He was tongue-tied as expected. You know that moment when your mind just go blank and couldn't think of anything to say?

Without a word, he took her hand in his and slipped the ring through her finger. She gave him a look of total confusion, the what-the-heck-are-you-doing kind of look.

“Please don't make me say it," he said because he was nervous and embarrassed and freaking out. Because she makes him feel things he's not used to feeling.

“Say what?” she asked still confused.

“Those cheesy lines guys usually say to the girls they like." If Minho hears him say it he would probably laugh real hard and Key would probably roll off the floor in fits of laughter.

"I love you. Will you be my girl?" she didn't say anything for a whole minute, the longest minute in Taemin's life. He was considering saying the words again thinking that maybe she didn't get it the first time, when suddenly, she spoke.

"I-I think I love you too." Her cheeks turned rosy pink and Taemin had the urge to kiss it but her lips are way more inviting.

"I'll take that as a yes," he said before crossing the distance between the two of them. The moment he touched her lips with his own, Taemin realized a lot of things. 1.) Her lips are much softer than he imagined. 2.) She taste like honey, the sweetness makes him crave for more. 3.) He's addicted. 

He had to force himself to let go of her so he could ask her to put the other ring on his finger. When she was done they both stared at their hands and Taemin realized he just had the best day of his life.

--------------------------

Jiyeon is not the type of girl who easily falls head over heels over some cute guy at school. How do people fall in love in the first place? Jiyeon had no idea. She doesn't believe in love at first sight. She believes that a person can't possibly like someone he/she barely even knows.

The last time she liked someone was- well never. When she was in high school she didn't understand why her classmates waste their precious time sneaking up on the senior's classroom just to see their crushes doodle something on their notes, got hit by an eraser for not listening to the teacher, or to just watch them do something as stupid as yawning. Yes, yawn. Jiyeon didn't understand how is it that for some reason, just the mere sight of their crushes yawning makes them giggle like crazy, saying how they look cute and such.

So she didn't expect she would feel some kind of tingly feeling whenever she thinks about the guy she met at the park the other day. 

Maybe it was the look on his face, or how he wrapped his arms around her in a really tight hug or maybe it was the tears on his face which seemed to be out of place in contrast to his handsome face. Well, whatever it was it made her curious.

Because she never had that kind of tingly feeling before. She never had butterflies in her stomach by just thinking about a guy. She never missed someone as much as she missed him. She never felt her heart beating so fast with just the thought of being locked in embrace with a guy.

However, that moment when he suddenly pulled her into a really tight hug as if he never wanted to let her go, that moment when their faces where only inches apart and she could feel her face heating up... the memory kept repeating inside her head like it was stuck on replay.

It was unnerving, and weird and new that she didn't know what to do with it.

Not only did she slap the guy who saved her, but also she left the injured guy at the park all by himself. So of course she very much regretted her actions. And the guy wouldn't give her a chance to redeem herself.

Maybe he was just too kind to be asking for anything in exchange for saving a girl who was too stupid to ride a bike without brakes but she really do wanted to pay him back somehow. So every day she waits for him to call and every time she gets frustrated because he never did.

"Forget about him," her friend Yuri said. She works at the same coffee shop where Jiyeon do part time job. "If he needed compensation he would have contacted you. But it had already been weeks. The guy doesn't need your money so don't feel burdened. You already did your part."

"But he was injured and I left him alone. What if something bad happened to him?" The cafe wasn't packed with people during that time of day so they have a lot of time in their hands to talk about unimportant stuff.

"Like what? Die? I never heard anyone dying from bruises and sprain. Besides you were running late on a job interview. If you didn't make it in time you wouldn't be here now and we wouldn't be friends."

Jiyeon knew her friend had a point. But how could she explain to her the real reason why she was acting fidgety every time her phone goes off when she herself couldn't understand why? How could she explain to her friend that it wasn't just her conscience and it wasn't just the want to pay him back that makes her want to see him again?

"I think you're just disappointed because a handsome guy wasn't interested on you enough for him to contact you," Yuri .

She wanted to convince Yuri and herself that she wasn't attracted to him so she lied and said, "He's too skinny for my taste" when actually her mind screamed, he's too handsome for his own sake.

Of course Yuri wasn't fooled and although Jiyeon knew how bad a liar she is, she still lied because it's better than admitting she likes someone and then be teased for it. "Why won't you admit it? You have a crush on him don't you?" Yuri giggled like a little kid who was just given a candy. Somehow this whole first-time-meeting-a-handsome-guy thing makes her so happy she couldn't contain her excitement. "Is he handsome? How does he look like?"

"I told you. He's too skinny."

"I'm not asking about his body. I'm asking about his face. So, is he handsome?"

Before she could open to tell another lie, the sound of a door opening made them both turn towards the entrance. Two guys entered. One has blonde hair and is wearing shorts and high socks, the other one has black hair and is wearing skinny jeans and lose blue shirt. To Jiyeon's surprise the black-haired guy looked so much like the guy she met at the park a few days ago.

Their eyes met and she noticed surprise was also written on his face. Jiyeon had a sudden urge to hide beneath the counter but she decided against it. Not only because she will surely look stupid but because that will make Yuri realize their new customer is the same guy she met the park and also give her another reason to think she really do have a crush on him which is actually the truth.

So Jihyeon tried to act normal- if walking stiffly to greet their customers can even be considered normal. When Yuri asked her to take their order she complied. But before she could even get near them she heard the black-haired guy said, "Hyung let's eat somewhere else."

"Huh? Wae?"

"I realized I wanted to eat something else. I don't think they have it here."

"Alright," the blonde guy sounded disappointed but he agreed.

They were already on the way out when Jiyeon realized she hadn't said anything. She wasn't able to thank and apologize to him properly and she cannot let the chance pass so she ran after them and while trying to catch her breath, she said, "Annyeonghaseyo. I'm not sure if you remembered but we met at the park the other day. I'm so sorry for leaving you so soon. How was your injury?"

"It's alright. It healed sooner than I thought."

"That's good to hear," she replied with a smile.

"If you have nothing else to say we will be going now."

"Eh? Oh.. Yeah... Sure... Sorry.. I'll just go... And uhm, nice meeting you again... Bye." she went back inside feeling embarrassed and stupid. And damn she felt so pathetic.