chapter one - introduction

saranghaeyo, sunbaenim

It's a rainy sunday morning. The weather itself makes one wants to lay down on the bed and sleep the whole day. Han Eunso as usual went to her aunt's child daycare centre. Supposedly, there are no kids at the daycare since it's Sunday, but Eunso's aunt organized a family day for the staff's and kids families. Eunso voluntered to help as she didn't have anyting to do that day.

Eunso was riding a bicycle to the daycare centre when suddenly she bumped into a very familiar guy that was walking on the opposite direction. "Oh, sunbaenim. Annyeonghaseyo." greet Eunso politely to Kibum, her senior. They've known each other way back then when she was still in elementary school. Kibum is 4 years older than her. "Uh, annyeong. Where are u going riding the bicycle so fast. U've obviously have gone over the speed limit, Han Eunso-shi." joked Kibum. Both of them laughed. Eunso was speeding because she was late to the daycare centre as she was supposed to be there 30minutes earlier.

"Sunbae, are u free? My aunt is having a family day at her daycare centre over there. Do you wanna come?" asked Eunso in hope that Kibum will join her. "Well,I don't have anything to do. But - " said Kibum but before he could finish his words, Eunso already pull his hand and dragged him to the daycare centre.

"Ah, this is great! I really like the weather. Do you like rain,sunbae?" asked Eunso trying to start a conversation. She knew that Kibum is a quite person, so it'll be a zero possibility that he'll initiate the conversation.

"Uhm,I don't know. It's cool. I guess. Uhm, i usually don't like hot and snow." replied Kibum. "Really? So do I. U know why? I could easily get cold even during summer, let alone if it's snow. And hot weather makes me sweat a lot. But I guess it happened to everyone, right?" said Eunso which leads them both to laugh at her immature comment.

"Eunso-shi, are u sure it's okay for me to be here. I'm not even a part of your family." asked Kibum as he has started to feel awkward being there.

"It's okay,sunbae. If u weren't here, I wouldn't know what to do. I don't really know these people either except those kids." said Eunso while pointiing at a group of kids that were happily playing.

"Uhm, wouldn't your boyfriend get mad if he knows that I'm with you?" asked Kibum curiously. "What? I don't have a boyfriend." answered Eunso.

"Didn't u go out with Taecyeon every week?" Kibum asked a trapped question.

"Taecyeon is my hoobae(junior). I don't date younger guy." explained Eunso. Kibum nodded understanding Eunso's principle.

"But. Uhm,sunbae. How did u know that we hang out together every week? U weren't spying on me, aren't u sunbae? asked Eunso jokingly trying to trap Kibum with her sudden accusation. Unexpectedly, Kibum coughed as he was startled with the question. "What are u talking about? Why would I do that?" answered Kibum cooly. He never has the intention to spy on her. It's just that they were happened to be at the same place. Kibum worked part time as a waiter in a restaurant at the town. Every evening in the weekend, he can see Eunso and Taecyeon goes in and out of a dance studio across the street. That's how he knows who Eunso hang out with evey weekend. 

The family day ended at 3pm. Both Eunso and Kibum helped her aunt and the daycare staff to clean up. Eunso was really happy that Kibum was there. She used to have a crush on him for 5 years. But after Kibum graduate from high school and had a girlfriend, Eunso stopped liking him. She learnt to move on and focus on what she likes to do - dancing and writing.