chapter 8

apocalypse

Byunghee followed each of Mir's steps closely and silently.Mir's moves much like shadow. If Byunghee didn't see Mir with his own eyes, he wouldn't know the boy was actually this close to him.

Mir raised his hands halting Byunghee when his ears caught the unmistakenly low growl sound. He ducked down to prevent their humanly smell from being detected pulling Byunghee down as well. His wide eyes narrowed dangerously as he scanned the room they were now in. There were about four of those looming around but he couldn't be sure if there were more further inside of the lobby.

A pat on his shoulder caused Mir to turn around. Byunghee pointed his thumb behind him. There was another door behind them which they didn't know where would it lead but every chance have risk.

Mir nodded as he watched Byunghee turned around still in crouching position as the older started to the door. Mir trailed after shortly throwing few cautious glance at the walkers.

Byunghee's tip of pink tongue poked at the corner of his mouth as he tried to pull open the door without any noise but what would he expect from old door. The door squeaked a bit and both boy froze. So did the infecteds. 

Both boy didn't even dare to breath as they eyed the still infecteds with wary eyes. Mir could practically heard his heart hammering against his chest and a bead of cold sweat lapped down his brow but seconds after, the infecteds were back to pacing around the room lifelessly like the noise never even exist from the start much to the two survivors' relief.

Mir slipped his hand under the narrow slit between the door and the floor and pulled his hand upward while the other hand pulled the door open. He succeeded without any noise.

Byunghee slipped into the dark room followed suitly by Mir. The room was dark but clear from infecteds and there were huge glass slide door to the outside when Mir pulled away slightly the green blood stained curtain to inspect the outside. 

The road outside was clear. There were only about ten walkers at most. Probably most of the walkers still herding towards the building next to this building where just a minute ago was the place they were stucked in.

The room smelled like decayed corpse which is not that far from the truth. Some gory events must had happened in this room and Mir tried not to think of that.

Mir signalled Byunghee to follow him back to the rooftop to inform the others and they left the door opened not risking any creaking noise that would attrack the dead.

 

 

*yeah... some scene to stop ur breathing.. but fail miserably.haha. I really need to practice my writing more. My exam is just in like 2 weeks and I haven't studied much yet. Urgh! I hate medic. Why did I take it, again?