chapter 24

apocalypse

Mir watched the scar on his forearm. The scar was a puncture scar. A scar that he got the day Sanghyuk saved him. He sighed. He couldn't keep losing his mind over Sanghyuk's death. He snorted. He thought he already lost all his sanity the day of the outbreak, guessed not.

A soft knock on the door. Mir didn't bother to turned around thinking it was just Byunghee. He just laid on his side with his back facing the door. But his ears perked at the sound of Sanghyun's voice. 

With trembling hands, he sat up on the bed leaning at the headboard. Oh, how could he be so weak in just less than two days. Sanghyun sat beside Mir on the bed and put the tray with still steaming porridge and water on the table next to the bed head while Mir followed each and every move of Sanghyun with his wide dark brown eyes.

Mir couldn't help but compared the slightly older boy with Sanghyuk. They have nothing of similarities or some sorts but somehow Mir could see Sanghyuk in Sanghyun. Probably because both boy were so innocent like a newborn baby even when they lived in such a world. A world that no longer have line between right or wrong. Only the strongest survived.

Sanghyun of course noticed Mir's intense stare but he tried not to be so bothered by it as he smiled sweetly at the brown haired boy. "You need to eat." Sanghyun gave the bowl to Mir who finally took off his eyes from Sanghyun and looked at the porridge.

It looked delicious and he was starving but he just couldn't find the appetite. "I'll eat them. Thanks."

And... That was the cue. Mir's tone clearly stated he wanted to be alone and Sanghyun complied hoping the boy would eat and heal.

Mir watched until Sanghyun dissappeared behind the closed door and put away the bowl. He was back in a deep thought. Losing Sanghyuk had obviously made him unstable mentally therefore also physically. Easy to say, he was now a ticking time bomb and he painfully realised that. 

Mir could have just screamed his head off in the middle of hiding, attracting waves of walkers out of nowhere and risked the life of the others. He didn't want anyone dying on him. Especially Sanghyun who kept reminding him of Sanghyuk.

The boy turned and let his legs dangling at the side of the bed. He waited until his numb legs could feel again before he stood up. He searched the room as he thought of going on his own way leaving the small group. That was for the better.

Mir leaned on the wall beside the cupboard storing clean clothes which undoubedly the houses owner's possesions. But they used them as they pleased. He needed to packed some supplies but it would be easier for him to not bring too much. He would be alone and it would be safer and quieter to travel on feet. He needed weapon though. He planned to leave but didn't plan to die. Mir thumped the back of his head on the wall as he thought. A bit too strong of a thump followed by clinging of metal from the other side of the wall causing Mir to sat up abruptly.

Mir his heels and stared at the unmoving wall curiously. He glued his ears on the wall and started knocking on it and as he thought, it sounded hollow. There must be some secret room and secret entry. Mir started to search around. He wasn't that surprised to find secret room in such a big house. Rich people always so paranoid.

The youngest traced the door carefully not leaving even an inch by his fingertips. It pleased him that he found it almost immediately. The seemingly unfitting wall. The wall was covered by wallpapers with abstract pattern and only sharps eyes could detect some differences. Mir found the small square button and pushed it lightly. The wall split open revealing a dark medium sized room.

"Bloody hell..." Mir exhaled as his eyes scanned the dark room. It was full of weapons. Almost too many to be legal. Probably none of them legal anyway. Mir ran through the racks full of short guns, guns, riffle, nunchunks, swords, katana, all sorts of blade and... What the hell. Was that bazooka? Sure they could defend fortress just by using these weapons. Or even break through the forts.

Mir reached for a sword. He balanced the sharp weapon by putting it on his fingertips in between the sword holder and the blade. It had good balance and not too heavy. Perfect! Mir fastened it on his holsters around his waist. Just for precaution, he also reached for three of the handbombs and two blades. That would be enough to survive.

 

 

-haha... bazooka... haha...😑 I think I've been reading too much manga. Well, really, manga "reborn hitman" and "beelzebub" are sooo much fun. Karen~ you should try reading them. They're so funny-