chapter 25

apocalypse

Sanghyun knocked on the door to Mir's room. He entered and immediately frowned at the emptiness. The tray was still there. The bowl was empty. He smiled but only for a second when his eyes fall on the used enveloped under the bowl. There was writing. He pulled it and read the scribbled words.

"Hyung!" He called but control his voice so he wouldn't shout under his panic. He couldn't afford to shout even when his heart was beating in his throat. He couldn't risk their shelter. 

Sanghyun ran out of the room into the living room where Seungho and Byunghee were. Joon was nowhere in sight. The duo on the couch snapped their head towards the panting Sanghyun, shooting the tall skinny guy a weird look.

"Mir... Mir..." Sanghyun could only managed the missing boy's name between his heavy breathing. His face was pale and tears threatened to fall.

Byunghee was the first to react upon hearing that name. He jumped on his feet and approached the hunched over Sanghyun and shook the shocked boy by shoulder. "What about Mir? Talk!" He demanded and was pulled back by Seungho.

Sanghyun shook his head and swallowed, noticing how dry his throat was. He held out the already crumpled envelope in his shaky hand for the two hyungs to read.

Almost like a panther, Byunghee's eyes scanned the scribbled words like scanning the prey. He started to the door but Seungho was quicker, grabbing the slightly younger boy.

"Seungho! We must find him. He's still weak. It's dangerous for him out there." Byunghee pleaded and tried to wriggle his way out of Seungho's death grip.

Seungho bit his lip. "Listen! You read what he wrote. He want to be on his own and-" Seungho tried to reasoned but was cut off in the middle of his sentences.

With strangely new found power, Byunghee managed to free himself and launched a strong punch on Seungho's cheek sending the boy falling to the ground. Both Seungho and Sanghyun was shocked. Byunghee was always the calmest one of them four and this just wasn't him.

"He obviously can't think clearly!" Byunghee seethed, glaring at Seungho with wild eyes. 

Seungho sighed and got up with Sanghyun's help. "I didn't say we should just let him be. Here." Seungho held out the brown envelope. "He said, there's weapon room. We need to equip ourself properly. Not just blindly rushed out of here." Seungho reasoned.

Byunghee's features slowly softened and he pinched his nosebridge, inhaling and exhaling in an attempt to stay calm. "I'm sorry. Let's get started."