chapter 6

apocalypse

The walkers were already flooding at the entrance of the mall which was sealed before by Seungho, Byunghee, Joon and Cheondung. Still there were no other exit. Mir and Sanghyuk already checked around and found out that there were only three other exit. Two of them weren't passable since they were blocked by collapsed part of the building and another one would lead straight into the main road which was swarmed with walkers.

Mir sighed. The four boys have attracted too many of the infecteds here and it just the matter of time before the entrance door collapsed. Getting mad at them won't help though. He needed to search for a way to get out of this. Sanghyun was already unconcious, so they couldn't just make a run through all those infecteds. Not when hundreds of those could easily surrounded their small group. It was too much of a risk.

Mir grabbed two duffel bags and sling in in a cross on his shoulder. The bags were filled with all their needs. Sanghyuk too was carrying one backpack and one duffel bag struggling a bit with the weight, so Joon quickly helped the small framed boy gaining a shy thank you from the boy.

"We'll head to the rooftop for now." Mir voiced and walked away without waiting for the boys' answers. 

Seungho was carrying unconcious Sanghyun with Byunghee following close in case his friend was tired and he could carry the injured boy in turn.

The other five boys followed Mir's cautious footsteps as the boy scanned around the area of the staircases and the rooftop. When he was sure it was clear, he went to the edge and looked down the building. Too many walkers. It was impossible to find a loophole through all those infecteds. His brain went into overdrive thinking of any possibilities to get the hell out of here.

Joon was watching Mir who kept his wides eyes over the side of the rooftop. He then turned to Sanghyuk. "Is he even human? How can he be so uptight?" He asked trying to start a conversation with the younger.

Sanghyuk looked over Joon with confusion. "Eh? Mir hyung is the nicest person I've ever met. And he is not uptight. He is funny, gentle, caring and... And..."

"And..." Joon cocked his brow encouraging the younger who was smiling to himself to continue.

Sanghyuk beamed as he said, "And he is cute." 

Joon choked a bit. How come Sanghyuk said such a cold boy like Mir, cute? And, trying to imagine a funny, gentle and caring Mir was proven hard when he recalled the stoic expression on Mir's face and the monotone voice of the boy like a splash of cold water right onto his face. But then again, they were just stranger a few minutes ago. Sanghyuk knew Mir better.

"Look... There's a small stair layed down horizontally connecting this building with that building." Mir's voice suddenly heard. Joon turned around to see the owner of the voice pointing towards a white building next to the building they were at now.

All the boys followed Mir to the said bridge. Seungho frowned. "We could try, but Sanghyun?" He asked worried for the unconcious injured boy on his back. He wasn't sure he could carry the injured boy safely while trying to balance until they reached the next building.

"Left him to me." Mir said as he reached over to Sanghyun and carried the taller boy in bridal style. "I'm good with balance." 

Joon quickly took Sanghyun from Mir into his arm as he eyed Mir suspiciously. "No offense here, but there's no guarantee you won't leave him or throw him down there." Joon accused.

Mir fixed his wide dark brown eyes sharply on Joon. "Suit yourself." He spat coldly and told Sanghyuk to cross first. The boys crossed over safely one by one leaving Mir, Joon and unconcious Sanghyun. Mir tilted his chin towards the metal bridge gesturing Joon to go first and Joon stubbornly held Sanghyun and try to cross it slowly and carefully.

However, on the halfway, one of the metal steps couldn't bear two boys' weight and broke causing Joon to slip. Everything went too fast as he found himself hanging with one hand clinging tightly on the metal bridge and the other hand gripping desperately on Sanghyun's sweater trying to ensure the limp body to not fall off.

He could hear the worried voice of the three boys who were already safe on the next building and quick footsteps. He narrowed his eyes as he saw Mir's agile steps on the metal bridge running to them.

Mir quickly dove down and lied flat on his stomach as he tried to reach for Sanghyun. Joon raised his hand which was holding the injured boy so Mir could reach him. With a grunt and few struggles, Mir managed to pull Sanghyun up onto the narrow metal bridge. He dove back down for Joon. This times it was harder since Joon was way more built than him and surely much heavier but Mir still managed to pull Joon up. Mir fell flat on his back panting heavily. Joon too was heaving after the adrenaline rush. He blanched and felt like his head was empty from any thoughts. He was too near to his own death just now.

A groaned from Sanghyun brought Joon back to present and he hoisted Sanghyun back into his arms. By the time he had Sanghyun back in his hold, Mir already standing behind him telling him to continue their journey but much more careful.

 

 

*haha... a bit longer than the chapters before. I just feel incomplete as long as this story isn't finish. I feel.... unsettled? Yup! That's the word*