chapter 29

apocalypse

The cell was silent for long hours with Mir dozing off once in a while. He was depleted from energy. "How long they were going to leave us here?" Key complained in a loud voice snapping awake Mir who was already halfway back to his dreamland.

As if it was on cue, they could heard footsteps and Junhyung appeared wearing his goofy smile. "Time to have fun." He said excitedly much to Mir's displease.

He opened the cell and pointed his gun towards Key and Jonghyun and yanked Mir to stand. Key almost attacked Junhyung but was stopped by Jonghyun.

"Na-ah. Better behave or I'll blow you pretty little head off." He warned in playful tone but it was filled with hidden malice. And bones... He definitely wasn't one who talk empty.

Mir just followed as his exhausted body was being dragged off in some direction. Junhyung opened a metal door and Mir squinted his eyes that was attacked by sudden light.

They were now at the open field where prisoners usually used as playground. There were benches and basketball stand. It wasn't that wide of area and became narrower as Mir saw at each of the four edges, a walker was being chained. The walker could move freely at certain distance leaving somewhat an impression of an arena. Deadly arena.

Junhyung pushed and Mir stumbled to the middle of the field surrounded by four walkers acting and guarding as wall. Flesh-eater wall. Mir analyzed the situation and saw the walkers' jaws all had been removed. So, no biting. But still, a single scratch from the walker could have turned him into one of them.

Mir looked up and saw Dongwoon was sitting at the uppermost bench with his friends, looking blankly in Mir's direction.

Suddenly, Mir could hear a clinging chain other than from where the walkers were being held. He turned around to see a buff tall man being dragged by Junhyung towards the field. The man was topless showing his rippled muscle. His hands apparently were bounded behind him and Mir watched as Junhyung unlocked the half corroded cuffs. Junhyung pushed the man into the arena.

The man was looking down. His long raven hair shadowing his face. Mir could see dried blood on the guy's hair and bloodstain was everywhere including the guy's faded blue jeans. Mir scrunched up his nose at the smell. He was certain it was fresh blood. Not the walkers'.

"The fight is until death!" A small boy, Mir assumed Yoseob by Onew's description announced excitedly jumping on his seat.

Mir gulped. He already put two with two. They found some sick joy in this, weren't they? They were some sick guys wanting to watch people killed each other. Mir turned and jumped back, rolling on the ground when tha large man suddenly lunged at him. Even with his weakened body, Mir was still fast and agile. Mir kicked the guy off his feet and scrambled away from the still lying body but being careful not to stepped into the waiting walkers's area.

It was going on for quite long with the guy kept attacking and Mir kept avoiding. Mir saw the desperation in the large guy's eyes even when his long hair were blocking his face when sound of yawn could be heard from the benches.

Mir turned and saw how the spectators were looking bored from the corner of his eyes. Suddenly, a knife went flying in Mir's direction and fortunately Mir managed to evade but the knife still grazed his ankle, taking him off his guard. Mir clenched his jaw as he saw Hyungseung smirked, waving another knife in his hand. His opponent took this chance and grabbed Mir by his collar jacket. Up close, Mir could see the bruises and scar covering the guy's exposed skin.

Mir struggled a bit when he felt he was being lifted off the ground. His smaller frame was being thrown harshly on the ground and a puff of air was knocked out of his lungs. He groaned in pain that shoot through his back that made harsh connection with the hard ground. But it wasn't the end.

"Now, that's a better fight, I'd say. Stop running and start fighting." Hyunseung laughed watching with amusement.

Mir gritted his teeth when the guy once again yanked him up and tried to shove him toward one of the walkers chained there. The walkers got agitated and tried to reach for Mir. Mir pushed back desperately but he was smaller and weaker. He thought it was the end for him when suddenly the benches where the guys were sitting exploded.

Both Mir and his opponent watched with wide eyes as the boys on the bench were thrown to the ground in bloodied state and smokes were everywhere.

Mir whimpered when he realized the walker's hand already pulling at his hanging jacket. But he was purely surprised when his opponent suddenly yanked him back from the walker. Mir fall on his knees feeling a bit dizzy.

Mir felt weak as he saw black spots started to cover his view. Last thing he saw was his opponent crouching in front of him and he thought he heard Joon's voice calling his name.

 

 

-who do you think the guy fighting Mir? *wiggle brows* And that b2st just like some sick twisted games. That's what I'm trying to write. I was trying to potray many characters that handle the apocalypse differently. Some just went all cuckoo nut and psyco like b2st characters in this. Letting out their inner demons that lied locked during normal world but escape after apocalyspse. No worries though... other BLAQies came for a rescue. Yeay! Sorry this a/n too long. Not that u guys read. Haha-