chapter 27

apocalypse

Mir jumped into the bushes when he heard loud rumbling of engine, noisy shouts and cheering nearing him. He watched carefully, cursing under his breath. All of that loud noises would attract herds of infecteds to this area.

Mir clasped tightly on the handle of his katana, looking around carefully until the noises appeared as solid figure. It was a jip. An army truck with probably three to four people riding him. But he could only see one driver and two guy at the back of the jip cheering loudly.

"Are they insane?" Mir wondered. But he kept his eyes on the slow moving jip until it was right in front of him that he realized there were about five walkers with their jaws all removed being chained and dragged along the jip. 

"Where are those ers?" One of the guys on the back of the jip with an axe in his hand shouted. "Ya! Get out ers and let me have fun!" He shouted again gaining loud laugh from his other friends and at that time the jip stopped not far from Mir, leaving the infecteds standing wobbly right in front of Mir's hiding place. Mir ducked lower.

"I don't think there are any in this area." A much more calm deep voice reached Mir's ear. Mir peered around and saw a tall built guy got out of the front passenger seats looking around. Mir ducked even lower when he swore he thought the guy's eyes were on him.

"Let's go back then. Five are good." The driver, also a guy said, poking out his head from the window. Seeing all of the four guys, nothing except danger screamed at the back of Mir's head.

Mir breathed out when he saw the calm deep voiced guy got back into the jip and the engine whirred once again. But fate, didn't side with him when a whoosh of wind blew from his back, bringing out his humanly scent towards the infecteds standing chained not far from him.

"Wait!" The guy with the axe shouted and the driver stop the engine when the guy slamed his axe repeatedly on the chains connected between the walkers and the back of the jip.

"What is it, Junhyung?" The boy sitting in front of the axe guy asked.

The axe guy, namely Junhyung tilted his head towards the suddenly agitated walkers and the smaller boy's frowned at the walkers that kept tugging on the chains to reached for the hiding Mir.

Mir's breath hitched and he froze. He knew somewhat the four strangers were bad news and if he was found out, he wouldn't be able to fight four guys in his condition.

"Something is there." Mir felt his blood turned cold at the words that spilled from the boy sitting opposite to Junhyung.

"Go and take a look, Hyunseung." Junhyung ordered. The slender boy hopped off from the jip and sauntered dangerously near to Mir's hiding. Mir couldn't move. If he moved, he would be found out but if he didn't, sooner or later he still would be busted.

'What to do? What to do?' His heart was racing. He gulped and realized how dried his mouth was. His wide eyes moved fast scanning the area as fast as his heart was beating.

Mir inhaled. He had no other choice than to just jumped up and ran like mad far away from there. And he did. He thought he might able to actually get away as Hyunseung was startled by his sudden move and stayed still for seconds and Mir took the chance of those precious seconds and sped up only to run straight into someone. His still weak body recoiled back and he fall on the ground.

Mir looked up, fright clenching his heart when he saw the owner of the calm deep voice standing in front of him looking down on him. If it was someone else, they wouldn't realize it. But Mir, having strong instinct, he knew right away this guy was a danger. Hell, he would rather being surrounded by walkers.

"Oh!" Hyunseung exclaimed as Mir heard footsteps coming closer from behind. Mir stood unmoved still baffled by how the hell the menacing guy in front of him got here so fast. "Dongwoon-ah! You got him." Hyunseung exclaimed as the slender guy stepped into Mir's line of sight and slung his hand over this Dongwoon's shoulder.

Mir felt himself being pulled up from his position and looked up to see the driver holding onto his arms tightly. He bit his lips. Right now, he was inferior in his strength, so he needed to be smart. He didn't struggled against the driver.

Junhyung came and smiled a seemingly goofy smile but Mir could only see evil in those smiles. "What a good boy he is, isn't he, Doojoon?" He said playfully as he patted Mir's long locks. Mir felt sick. The feeling of throwing but not out of disgust. Was it fear?

Dongwoon shrugged Hyunseung off and grabbed Junhyung's wrist causing the latter to wince and moved his abused hand away from Mir but didn't say anything. Dongwoon looked back. Mir swallowed. He couldn't afford a run if the taller guy decided to take away his weapons and just like he guessed, Dongwoon took away his katana and the three handbombs and one blade. Luckily Mir hid his another blade away safely in his boots. It was always better to at least have something on him even if it was just a knife.

"Take him." Dongwoon ordered and Doojoon nodded, dragging the obedient Mir along with him. And Mir concluded that this Dongwoon guy is the one in charge of this group.

 

-I do like b2st. But i need bad guys. Haha. B2st character here were as psycho as the "general" character in "walking dead" series.-