chapter 28

apocalypse

Mir looked around the room he was being imprisoned. It was literally a cell. The cell was kind of dark with the orange glow of fires from the candles on the table near the cell as the only light source making the place looked like a dungeon. Mir was brought to a prison located at the further end of the city. He thought it was pretty smart of the group since prison was pretty much safe zone from walkers. It was secured by the high and firm wall. It was safe from invasion.

Mir sat up straight when he heard screeching and sounds of arguing and later shadows could be seen from behind the wall. Two boys were being pushed into the cell Mir was in. Mir knew that shouting voice and the other voice that was trying to calm the first voice owner down.

"Key." Mir managed to croaked out. Key stopped shouting and pounding on the locked bars and turned so fast it was amazing he didn't get whiplash. 

"Mir?" Jonghyun who was holding on Key, called softly.

Mir smirked. "Glad to see you're still alive." Mir talked with a hoarse voice. His throat was dry since he didn't get even a drop of water since he was caught. He bet the capturers probably wanted to starve him so he won't have energy to fight.

"Glad to see you're still cocky." Jonghyun replied. 

Mir chuckled weakly and his eyes trailed to Key's bleeding hands. He stood on his shaky legs almost stumbled but managed to reach Key. "You're hurt."

Key pulled away his hand. "This isn't important." Key grabbed Mir's shoulder, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. "Taemin... Taeminnie..."

Mir was immediately on guard. His blood turned cold and his features tensed as he looked straight towards Key.If there was anyone he cared so much other than Sanghyuk, it was Taemin. "What happen to Taemin? Where is he?" His voice was an octave low.

Key sniffed. "They took him from me." 

Before Mir could react, footsteps echoed in the room and later, he saw Minho and Onew being dragged and pushed into the cell next to him. Key once again pounded on the bars. His knuckles turned white as he gripped on the those unmoving rods tightly.

"YAH! LET MY MINNIE GO!" Key yelled but the two people Mir never seen before just snickered and walked away.

"Key. Taemin get away." And there was Minho's voice from the next cell but because of the bars they couldn't see each others. 

Key jumped, literally planting his face to the bars. "What happened? How?"

"Onew hyung and me distracted Yoseob and Kikwang so that Taemin could run away. Looks like one of them went to chase after Taemin. I hope he won't get caught." Minho explained.

"Do you guys know who are they?" Mir asked while Jonghyun was pulling Key away from the bars and Mir ripped part of the shirt he wore to bandage Key's wound.

"They were the one who had attacked my group before. I don't know why though. Is that Mir?" Onew chipped in.

Mir sighed. "Yeah. Yeah. It's me. I saw something though." He revealed gaining the others' interest. "I saw them taking back walkers and whatever they are planning for, it's definitely something bad." He sighed clenching his jaws.

"Could it be they are just like the one that captured you before? Before Sanghyuk saved you?" Jonghyun tried. 

Mir's thick brows bunched up as the memory of what had happened to him before he met Sanghyuk flooded his mind back. Could Jonghyun be right? He shuddered at the memory, afraid of having to go through the same thing again.

"Nah! They didn't seem like those science nutto." Minho dismissed. Mir shrugged. Well, Minho got a point there.

"Speaking of that..." Key turned to Mir who just finished bandaging his wound. "Where's Sanghyuk?"

The question striked Mir hard like a lightning landed square on him and both of his now cellmates noticed the darkened expression on Mir's face. Key didn't say anything and just hugged the poor boy tenderly. Jonghyun patted Mir's back. They all knew how much Sanghyuk's meant to Mir.

"So, after that night, what happened to you guys?" Mir asked composing himself. Trying to get his mind off of that certain boy.

"Me, Jonghyun, Onew hyung, Minho and Taeminnie escaped using the RV and had been moving from places to places, scraping some food from the houses we found along the way until we met those bastards." Key explained.

"What about Jinwoon, Leo and Hongbin?" Mir asked. Key shrugged unknowingly.

"I think they ran into the forest. I hope they're still alive." Onew said from behind the wall. Mir nodded and sighed at the heavy feeling that was weighing his heart at the thought what he had lost. At the thought of the ones he already think as family. "What about you?" Onew asked.

"Well, I ran with that quartet." Mir said and the others knew who the quartet Mir was talking about. Mir looked away, not adding about being knocked out cold by Byunghee and was dragged away from the field. That would be embarassing.

 

 

-*squeal* I got onother commentor other than karen... thank you, faramir for commenting. But I have to warn that the ending of this fic might not be good since I'm kind of lost right now and I just write with the flow-