chapter 16

apocalypse

"Look at this! I got us fresh dinner!" Jonghyun exclaimed from the riverbank waving about five large fishes in front of Key's face who was batting away those offensive hands.

"Get those fishy smelly things out of my face!" The little diva seethed and ran away from grinning Jonghyun. 

Mir chuckled watching those two. Their love-hate relationship sure look as cute as hell. He chuckled for a bit more seeing how Jonghyun still followed Key around trying to shove the fish into Key's face saying things such as, "It's food and it's fish. Of course it would smell fishy." 

Mir looked up when he sensed someone by his side only to see Byunghee smiling friendly at him. "Hey." The older greeted a bit awkwardly. 

"Hey." Mir replied back to his monotonous tone and noncahalant cold demeanor causing the older to feel more awkward if it was even possible.

"Sanghyun woke up. He asked to meet his saviour." Byunghee finally delivered grateful that he didn't stutter out.

"I am no one's saviour." Mir muttered under his breath but still stood on his feet as he left towards the tent for the four new members of their group.

Mir rose his brows at Sanghyun who was smiling shyly at him as soon as he entered the tent. After a few minutes of silence, Mir decided that the injured boy was a boy with few words, so he was the one to spoke first. "So, how are you feeling?" 

Mir noticed how Sanghyun tugging at the sweater sleeves before answering. "Fine, I guess."

"Want to get out and have a walk?" Mir asked again and smiled when the boy nodded. So he helped the wincing Sanghyun on his feet and walked behind the injured boy out of the tent. Jonghyun and Key were still squabbling which Mir didn't blame Key wholly since he knew how annoying Jonghyun could be.

Mir started to guide Sanghyun who walked rather slowly so not to open the wound again towards the members and introduced him to them and them to him.

He was glad that though Sanghyun seemed rather quiet around new people but the tall boy still have no problem in minggling with them laughing once in while at the others' jokes.

"It's great seeing him laugh." Mir jumped a bit at the sudden appearance of deep voice right next to him. Joon let out a deep chuckle at the adorable sight.

"Why you said that?" Mir was quick to regain his composure. Even when he was still a bit surprised and curious on why Joon started a conversation with him. He thought Joon hated him, or something along that line? Hate wasn't really the word for it. But he wasn't an immature meanie to ignore Joon. So, he just joined in.

"Well, he was quite traumatized with the attacked on our group before and now the injury." Joon glanced towards Sanghyun who was helping Jonghyun to clean the fish while scrunching up his nose probably not quite fond of the smell and feeling of slicing still living fishes to death. "He's too pure for someone his age." He added as he eyed Mir. 'Aish! This is not what I originally wanted to talk about with him. Just say you are sorry. Sorry? Sorry~ Sorry!' Joon was having a mental battle trying a few ways to apologize but still, none of that spilled out of his mouth.

Mir exhaled. "Maybe it is quite good to watch such purity in this ed up world." Mir said and he smiled softly at the sight of Sanghyuk waving at him from the river still swimming and messing around with Hongbin. "Sanghyuk too..." 

Joon chuckled again forgetting his intention to apologize. "You could say something sweet while using the such vulgar word. Hey, you're younger than Sanghyun.Why won't you be cute like him." Joon teased.

Mir frowned but replied monotonously. "I'm helping you here by not being cute."

Joon raised his brows in amusement. "And how is that helping me?"

Mir smirked and looked over Joon. "If I act all cute, you're going to fall for me. So, I'm saving you from a nasty heartbreak." Sometimes Mir wondered if he had spent too much time with Key. Since when did he start to act all diva-ish?

Joon had to restrain himself from laughing out loud. Mir was joking with him but the younger's monotone voice just made it all funnier. But, two can play at this game. "Really? I doubt that." Joon taunted. "But you'll be helping me if you get me a bucket first before you act cute." Mir shot him a confused look. "Cause I might hurl at your cuteness." He teased, impressing the word cuteness.

Mir rolled his eyes and huffed. Right then, he felt a pair of thin arms enveloped his waist from behind and his back felt wet and cold. "Hyung~" Sanghyuk sang bouncing a bit.

"Yah! You got me wet!" Mir exclaimed but the smile not faltering from his pouty lips. Sanghyuk just giggled and tightened his hug before he ran off to annoy Minho and Taemin.

"He's cute." Joon commented dryly.

Mir rose his brows but decided not to comment on Joon's seemingly uneasy attitude towards Sanghyuk. "You know how to use gun?" Mir suddenly asked way out of topic.

Joon nodded. "Yeah, I used to be a detective before. Byunghee hyung was my partner." 

Mir's mouth formed an 'O'. "So, why did Byunghee hyung doesn't know how to use a gun?"

"It's not that he didn't know how to. It's just that he prefer knife. Firearm just a nuisance once you ran out of ammo." Joon explained and Mir nooded agreeing with his logic.

"I never thought you could actually survive and very much alive without any injury." Joon commented as he eyed Mir with unreadable expression.

"Hey, I survived alone on the road with only a baseball bat and pocketknife for a month before I met them. Give me some credit." Mir retorted with a pout. Byunghee was saying the same thing last night as if he was some weak boy. He showed more and more of his real self towards the new members. The cold demeanor was sometimes still shown but he was much friendlier. And that pout just now was just too cute.

 

-just a few chapters of peaceful time...😊😊😊-