chapter 15

apocalypse

Byunghee couldn't believe it. Mir is alive. He survived. And by watching his friend and dongsaeng expression, they probably were as shocked as him. But it seemed that Minho and Jonghyun had already expected Mir would be back and yeah, they could never be more right.

Byunghee felt as if the hollow hole in his heart were filled back with bliss and he would've jumped on Mir and squished the boy into bone crushing hug if not for it would be weird since they just knew each other not even a day.

"Hey..." The voice that surprisingly he knew well by now reached him. He turned his head to see Mir cutely popped his small head into the tent while his body still outside. Byunghee nodded for the boy to enter and the boy did. He stepped over the snoring Joon towards Sanghyun who was sleeping at the edge and Seungho sleeping beside him. Byunghee was sitting at Sanghyun's head.

Mir kneeled in front of Byunghee who had his knees up to his chest and his strong arms wrapped around them. Mir put his palm on Sanghyun's forehead to check for his temperature and nodded satisfied the boy didn't run any fever. He hovered a bit above Sanghyun as he pulled the boy's sweater which he knew was Jonghyun's and checked for the bandage. He nodded again. Key and Taemin did a great job in cleaning and rebandaging the wound.

"Did he wake up before?" Mir asked now sitting himself next to Byunghee in the same position Byunghee was in. Mir put his chin on his knees.

"Once but he wasn't fully concious. He mumbled something and fall back asleep." Mir nodded and silence enveloped them for minutes until Byunghee spoke again. "How did you get-" He was stopped when Mir gestured that Sanghyun stirred in his sleep. Probably disturbed by the whispering conversation between them.

Wordlessly, Mir pulled Byunghee up and out of the tent to sit on the wood near the dying flame. Mir added some firewoods to resuscitate the fire before he settled himself beside Byunghee. "What was it you wanted to ask?" 

"How did you get away from them? Last thing we saw, you were totally surrounded by those walkers." Byunghee repeated his question.

"Well, I got fast legs... And... I kind of set the building into explosion." Mir told giving a crooked smile at confused and shocked Byunghee. "What? You do realize I'm strong. Don't get offended, but I think I'm even stronger than you." Byunghee gave Mir a look that said, 'really...?'. Mir snorted. "Fine... Well, they got some kind of gas pipe there. I don't know for what though. So I shot it and it exploded and I ran. I hid for a while and out to look for some vehicle and luckily I found that babe." He told referring to the sport car that was by now resting beside the RV.

"Thank you." Byunghee suddenly said after a few moments of silence.

"For what?" Mir asked confused. He poked the woods in the fire with a branch in his hand wincing a bit when his bandaged palm throb from the cut he got in the last fight.

"For saving us and for surviving and came back here alive." Byunghee said and cocked his brow when Mir looked away from him.

"That's not something to be thanked for." Mir mumbled barely above whisper.

 

*god... the mannequin they used for clinical skill lesson nearly cut off my finger! Hurt..  sob2*