chapter 11

apocalypse

Jinwoon held his head in his hands. Mir's images kept flashing in his head. Every memory of the boy with him kept replaying like some broken cassette. He didn't even have energy to calm Sanghyuk who went amuk on the leader of their small group, Leo.

"This is all your fault! You know Mir hyung's injury still not completely healed from his last hunting and yet you still send him. Admit it! You want him dead, right? You felt your power is challenged by him because we all trust him more than you. And now, you've succeeded. Satisfied? I hope you're proud of yourself." Sanghyuk spat before he stormed away into his own tent which he used to share with his Mir.

The leader sighed. "Leo, Sanghyuk doesn't know what he said." The leader felt a comforting hand on his shoulder and turned around to see a boy with round eyes and white complexion. The boy gave him sad smile clearly affected by Mir's lost too.

"Mir was the one who insisted on going. He said he need to protect Sanghyuk. He did protect him but at the expense of his own life." Leo trailed off. He didn't sob. He didn't cry. "What am I supposed to do, Hongbin-ah?" Leo's small voice became much smaller, barely above whisper. His eyes glued to the ground. Hongbin knew how Leo cared for each of the member though he always appeared cold and looked like he had no feelings. Leo probably the one who was most affected with this news.

Hongbin turned to their four new members. "You can bring Sanghyun to that tent. Minho and Jonghyun probably have finished setting up the tent and you can ask Taemin and Key to treat his injury." He stated and the other four nodded and moved to the direction where two guys one a bit too tall and another one short guy but built was making sure the tent strong enough to shelter the four boys.

Hongbin followed the boys with his eyes before finally giving his attention back to Leo. "You need to rest. I'll watch over Sanghyuk." He ushered the larger boy into the tent they shared together. Leo surprisingly listened to Hongbin's words.

Hongbin bowed over as he entered Sanghyuk's tent. The younger was sitting with his back facing Hongbin. Hongbin sighed when his ears caught that unmistaken sobs from the boy.

He approached Sanghyuk, intending to hug the grieving boy but stopped dead when he realized what the crying boy was doing. Over Sanghyuk's shoulder, Hongbin saw the silver glint of gun in the younger's hand and a packed backpack that was hidden by the boy's frame before.

"Hyukkie?" He called.

"I'm going, hyung." Sanghyuk said. His voice surprisingly steady and filled with determination. His fingers curled tightly on Mir's favourite gun.

"Where?" Hongbin asked, knowing the answer.

Sanghyuk turned in his sit to face worried Hongbin. "Back to the city. I know Mir hyung still alive. I'm going to save him." Hongbin shook his head, about to protest when Sanghyuk beat him to it. "I saved him once. I'll save him again."

"That's a suicide!" Hongbin seethed but almost instantly regretted when Sanghyuk flinched away fron him. He inhaled deeply. "There's nothing you could do." He tried to reasoned.

"No! You weren't there. You didn't saw how Mir hyung was surrounded. He need me. How those things kept coming from all sides. Ho-" Sanghyuk was rambling over and over until Hongbin pulled him into a tight hug. 

"Listen. I wasn't there. I wouldn't know. But what I know, Mir would never let you risk your life like this. You don't want him to be sad, right?" 

Sanghyuk looked up to Hongbin with eyes wet with tears. He sniffed and shook his head weakly. "But..." 

"No buts." Hongbin cupped Sanghyuk's cheeks and wiped the fallen tears with his thumb. He smiled despite feeling like curling under the blanket and cried his eyes out over Mir's lost. But, he needed to be strong. Sanghyuk needed him. 

 

 

*ps : I just knew my examination has been postponed because of the big flood in the area. I hope there won't be second wave of flood. It felt like apocalypse with all the road connecting to the outside were closed due to the high level of water. Hence, ironic coz I've been writing bout apocalypse too. Haha. There's no zombie in real life though.