chapter 23

apocalypse

Mir woke up when he felt the warmth of the rays of morning sun. He looked at the space next to him and instantly panicked when he saw it was empty. He ran out of the room crashing straight into someone's chest.

"Mir? Are you okay?" Joon asked as he wrapped his arms around Mir's arms to steady the smaller boy. Mir only blinked up at Joon, tilting his head to the side slightly.Joon chuckled at the cute sight before him. "Don't you remember me?" He asked knowing Mir's mental wasn't at it best for now after what had happened. 

Mir blinked again as he tried to recall the familiar face. "Jo-Joon?" He asked unsure.

Joon grinned and ruffled Mir's bed hair. "That was half right. It's Joon hyung for you. Hyung." Joon said cheekily and tapped Mir's button nose as he grabbed Mir's hand and guided the boy to the kitchen where others were. "Look, I found a lost puppy." Joon announced holding up Mir's hand.

"Morning, Mireu~" Seungho and Sanghyun greeted silmutaneously. Mir looked around the kitchen but he didn't saw the one he was searching for.

Seungho noticed Mir's darkened expression. "Sit and have breakfast first. Byunghee is in the shower. He will join us later." The oldest said pointing at the seat on the kitchen counter next to Sanghyun who was smiling sweetly at Mir.

Mir nodded and sat. Joon almost immediately pulled another chair close to Mir. 

Joon was actually a bit jealous. Byunghee had taken care of Mir the whole time since that fated night and he didn't have a chance to show that he cared about the younger too. So, now that Byunghee wasn't here, he would grab the chance and took care of Mir.

Seungho put a plate of food in front of the youngest and Joon. He just smirked towards Joon who pretended not to see it. 

Mir played with the food. His brows knitted as he felt something was missing. Something was making his heart twinge in pain, sorrow and loneliness. Why would he felt lonely.

"Sanghyun~ Eat properly will you?" Seungho's voice intruded Mir's train of thought. 

'Sanghyun? Sanghyun... Sang... Hyuk...' At the end, that name echoed in his ears and flashes of memories kept playing in front of his eyes like a broken tape. Mir felt unbearable pain in his heart and his stomach twisted. He felt the bitterness of bile in his throat. 

"Mireu?" Joon called when he heard the clinging of the spoon in Mir's hand fall onto the marbled floor. "Mireu!" He half-shouted the boy's name when the said boy later followed and fall on the floor. Mir scrambled to his feet and stumbled to the bathroom with his hands clamped tightly over his mouth.

Joon was about to follow when he heard the loud retching sound from the bathroom. His face contorted into worried expression as he turned to look at the two others who reflected his expression.

Joon didn't know why but he was nailed at the place he stood watching the closed bathroom door. He hated Mir was broken like this. He wanted to just hug Mir's misery away but he was afraid of hurting the youngest more than he already was.

After a while, the bathroom door opened and out Byunghee with exhausted and pale maknae in his arms. Joon bit his lip. He wanted to reach for Mir but afraid of screwing up everything when Byunghee already took a good care of the younger. And it just made his heart burn in an unknown feeling of mixed of anger and disappointment. And he felt useless. Unconsciously, he threw a glare at Byunghee which didn't go unnoticed by the older. However, Byunghee again ignored it.

"I'll put him to bed." Byunghee informed as he his heel and left to the bedroom he and Mir shared last night.

Sanghyun jumped from his seat and busied himself beside Seungho behind the kitchen counter gaining strange look from the oldest. "He didn't eat anything since that night and the whole day yesterday. He didn't even have dinner yesterday and he threw up. He need something into him." Sanghyun explained and started preparing ingredients for porridge.

 

 

-I swear I intended to write thriller themed-fanfics. And how this end up all angsty... I have no idea? Let's just follow the flow-