chapter 31

apocalypse

Mir swallowed and felt how dried his throat was and it felt like he had sand in his mouth. Mir slowly opened his eyes and blinked a few times, feeling like euphoria for a few seconds before he could register the surrounding. He saw a stranger smiling down at him and he frowned.

He wanted to asked but his voice won't come out and only weak cough escaped his lips. He then felt movement on his side and only then he saw Byunghee was sleeping with his head on the bed and his hands clasped tightly around Mir's hand.

Mir pursed his dry lips. So, he was back in the house. He thought as he looked around the room. "Here, drink this." The stranger nudged a straw to Mir's lips. Mir gratefully swallow the heavenly water that reduced the dryness of his mouth and throat.

Mir coughed a few times more before he spoke unsurprisingly with hoarse voice. "Who are you?"

The man smiled and put the glass on the table by the bedside. "I'm Rain. I'm the one fighting with you at the arena. Remember? The ed up fight we had to do because of those beast boys?" 

"Beast boys?" Mir asked confused.

"Yeah... That's how I called them since they are just purely beast and have no human side." Rain explained. Mir noticed the hatred and at the same time fear in Rain's eyes that Mir wondered what could have the beast boys put the strong guy through. "But, they died already. No worries." Rain bit his lips, gazing over Mir from under his eyelashes. Mir waited silently for the man to say whatever he wanted to. "I... I'm sorry for, you know. For almost killing you."

"Why did you do that?" Mir stared intently at Rain. "Why do you listen to them?" Mir asked, not able to hold the curiosity from flowing out with his words.

It was silent for a while and Rain's eyes looked distant. There was reason afterall. But Mir knew he wouldn't get anything from the guy. Yet. "Can we not talk about that?"

Mir nodded. He wouldn't force the guy. Rain went out saying he would leave Mir to rest after giving the boy some meds. Mir exhaled and looked over the still sleeping Byunghee. A small smile unconsciously tugged on his lips.He squished Byunghee's hand a bit and closed his eyes when the medicine started to kick in.

 

-it's near the end-