chapter 1

apocalypse

The low growling sound from outside attracted Mir to peer through the window of the one storey bungalow. He just pulled a narrow slit of the curtain so that the light from the room wouldn't attract all the walkers outside. It seemed like the parameter still clear. He need to get through the night. Those things were active in the night. He wasn't sure if it was the temperature or the humidity as the reasons.

"Hyung." Mir turned around when he heard the whisper and smiled a soft smile towards the younger boy who now was standing behind him holding out a bowl of food to him. Mir gratefully took the bowl and patted the younger's head.

"Thanks hyukie." He whispered not wanting to attract any of the dead. Those infecteds were attracted to noise and smell. At least, that was what Mir got from living with those things around for two months.

Mir survived the first month of the outbreak all on his own. Watching how his farm house got over-run by the infecteds. How his family were killed in front of him. He wondered how his second older sister was doing. Was she alive or dead or worse infected. When the outbreak happened, his sister, Hyojin was in Seoul working and they wasn't able to contact with each other. Not in the situation like this. When the world was at the end.

Mir watched as Sanghyuk was checking their armors. A small smile crept on his face. He swore with his blood and life he would protect the boy. He was in debt with Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk had saved him when his life was almost at the end. The boy brought him to the camp where the boy lived with seven others. Since then which is almost a month and above, Mir had been living with them. And for this week, Mir and Sanghyuk was given task to scarve some food and medical supplies from the cities which was proven as the deadliest task. The infecteds crowded the cities.

Soft smacking sound got Mir back to reality. He saw Sanghyuk was rubbing the back of his head, pouting and a large guy stood near, hovering over the young boy.

Oh! He almost forgot about Jinwoon who was also entrusted with the same task. They would quickly scavenge all the supplies they needed tomorrow first thing in the morning and tried to get back to the camp before night hoping all of three of them survive. City was the playground for the dead.